Getting To Ao Nang

Loom

Taking a trip to Ao Nang and the answer to the above question will help decide if I go to Bangkok to Krabi by air.... or to Phuket and take ground transport from Phuket to Ao Nang.

I've seen a variety of responses for the road trip from Phuket to Ao Nang ranging from 2 to 4 hours. Is it closer to 2h or 4h? Thanks....

The trip from Phuket to Krabi is closer to 2 hours. I recommend you to fly to Krabi directly, unless you like to see the beautiful scenery on the way from Phuket to Krabi. But than you should make a few stops on the way to watch attractions closer and than it's going closer to 4 hours or even more.

Depends on if you are planning on spending any time at all in Phuket or if you are just looking to go direct BKK-Krabi (?).

For sure closer to 2 hours time Phuket ground transport to Krabi.

That being said if just going directly to Krabi, no need or desire to be in Phuket, then fly BKK-Krabi.

OK, thks...I'm flying up from Singapore, so going to BKK to catch the flight to Krabi seems a little impractical. The direct flight to Phuket option and driving down seems best.

I've been there, done that with Phuket so would want to hit the road to Krabi from the Phuket airport.

There's an interesting cave or two on the way down as I recall. A driver should know(?)

Do you have any recommendations for side trips on the way down?

Than why don't you take Tiger Airways with daily flights Singapore to Krabi ? Sometimes as low as for SGD 10 plus tax one way.

I get the low cost ticket price, but you pay for what you get -- a ride in a cattle car. I'd rather pay a premium than allow the Tiger flight attendants, ground staff, and pilots stick their fingers in my eye. Part owner is Ryanair just and Tiger was recently shown to have had among the largest number of customer complaints of all the discounters operating out of Singapore. Ryanair was also recently looking into selling standing room tickets. Thnks, but no thanks....

Actually, I thought u were talking Sing to Phuket. Will check out SIng to Krabi even if it might involve the problems mentioned above.

Edited by Loom

Actually, I've learned that the Krabi-Sing leg has been cancelled at various times. Friends of mine had their "daily" flight cancelled for three days in a row and never got a refund, ended up driving to Phuket and buying another set of tickets on a premium carrier.

At the end of the day, it would have been far better to have gone directly to Phuket and driven down and back.

That's worse than bus service...sorry to throw cold water on the idea.

Actually, I've learned that the Krabi-Sing leg has been cancelled at various times. Friends of mine had their "daily" flight cancelled for three days in a row and never got a refund, ended up driving to Phuket and buying another set of tickets on a premium carrier.

At the end of the day, it would have been far better to have gone directly to Phuket and driven down and back.

That's worse than bus service...sorry to throw cold water on the idea.

Strange, as I met a couple of ladies from Singapore in Ao Nang in October that had gotten for 300$US roundtrip Sing-Krabi AND four nights in the Red Ginger Resort.

Cost wise for sure a direct Sing-Krabi is best, I mean how long are you on the flight anyway, you think it's going to be that uncomfortable?

FYI- when I was in a metered cab out of Phuket a couple weeks ago headed home, I asked the cab driver fare to Krabi, 2200thb. With a couple of quick sidestops for some tourist viewings, you could probably get that done for 2500thb. Cheers, GOM

Yeah, the tickets on silkair are running around $500 each.

However, I just do not want to run the risk of getting my fuse lit in some way by tiger. Given my past experience, I'd give it a high probability.

Singapore air wins either way we go.

Best,

Edited by Loom

Yeah, the tickets on silkair are running around $500 each.

However, I just do not want to run the risk of getting my fuse lit in some way by tiger. Given my past experience, I'd give it a high probability.

Singapore air wins either way we go.

Best,

Have only heard good things about Sing air, so if comfortability on that flight is massive for you, you're right spend a little more.

Enjoy. GOM