Music legend Willie Nelson arrested for possession of marijuana

News_Editor

Music legend Willie Nelson arrested for possession of marijuana

2010-11-27 12:07:00 GMT+7 (ICT)

EL PASO, TEXAS (BNO NEWS) -- Country music legend Willie Nelson was arrested in Sierra Blanca, Texas, for possession 6 ounces of marijuana, TMZ reported on Friday.

Nelson, 77, was detained by a Border Patrol checkpoint at about 9:00 a.m. local time. The legendary country singer was traveling in his tour bus from California to Austin, Texas.

Hudspeth County Sheriff's deputies arrived at the checkpoint and then booked Nelson into the Hudspeth County Jail on a $2,500 bond. The singer posted the bond and went back to Austin.

Last January, six band and crew members of Nelson were arrested in North Carolina for allegedly possessing moonshine and marijuana in the vehicle they were driving. The six individuals were issued citations.

In that same month, Nelson’s tour bus was detained at the Sierra Blanca Border Patrol checkpoint for five hours. The security agents searched the tour bus and the group received one citation, but they never said what it was for.

In 2006, the country singer was issued a misdemeanor citation for drug possession after his bus was stopped in Saint Martin Parish, Louisiana. Troopers stopped the vehicle for an inspection and when they approached the vehicle noted a strong marijuana odor.

Police located approximately one-half pounds of marijuana and approximately two-tenths of a pound of mushrooms. Nelson, three bus driver and three band members were issued citations and later released.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-11-27

Sitting here in a bar in Sihanoukville with a laptop and a beer and Willie singing 'You were always on My Mind' on the bar's music system - superb.

Strange coincidence I alighted on this thread at the very same time.

Who gives a flying F* if he smokes a few joints. The man's a genius.

He's 77 and could care less. What are they going to do? Lock up a beloved C&W icon?

:lol:

I think Willie already gave them his answer:

The doctor's all tell me I should stop drinking

and I guess that's what I should do.

But I've seen more old drunks than I've seen old doctors

so I guess I'll just have me a brew.

Which probably would apply to a joint also.

:lol:

Whether or not you are a country music fan, these are truly the words of a deep thinker, and a highly intelligent person. So simple, yet so profound!

Read the words of wisdom from that famous philosopher Willie Nelson, iconic Country Western singer, on his 75th birthday.

Only a man with such wisdom and maturity could be so concise and succinct in phrasing his feelings at this turning point in his life.

"I have outlived my pecker."

post-35075-0-36150000-1290854515_thumb.j

Edited by Daffy D

Again.

Good, I remember when I seen him pull into Arcata, California about ready to do a concert at Humboldt State University. All seemed quite, not even a mouse was squeaking, only a small bird chirping.

The door to his RV slowly opened and all you could see was a hand of an old man trying to hold the door open. From the smoke coming out of Willie’s RV, you thought there was a fire inside. Then, you caught a whiff of that familiar smell, and everyone smiled and so did Willie.

He was ready for his performance that night on stage to Professors and VIP members (those who managed to get a ticket). Soon, a couple of local stoners stepped out of the RV each with their own delusions.

He came to Humboldt country about every 2 years just to put on a show in his favorite town, Arcata. For that is where he could get the best stuff in all of Northern California.

True story.

Doesn't give a fuc_k lol

When I was in college I got arrested for being drunk in public and held overnight. When I went to court there was this old drunk there that was arrested for the same thing and the judge looked at his rap sheet and was laughing saying he was arrested more than 30 times for the same thing lol

I remember in '69 listening to "Crazy" smoking Thai sticks. In those days it was the best available anywhere. I wonder how much extra cash would have been pumped into this economy if the powers that be had a more enlightened outlook on pot. This is after all, the land of "enlightenment" in many ways. Unfortunately the business has gone to BC (primarily Vancouver Island). It is a 360,000,000,000 baht per year business and there are estimated to be 40,000 small grow operations in a province with a population less than 4,000,000. In some places, 1 in 4 homes are growing. Just in case you are wondering why Canada's economy isn't collapsing as quickly as the American economy.

That doesn't include the Hemp as fibre business which could be gigantic MUCH to the concern of the synthetic fibre business. For those of you who do not know, the synthetic fibre business is the most powerful lobby group against hemp. They have been so since before WWII.

I learned recently that someone scientifically determined the lethal dose of pot for a full grown rat.  It is 2 kilos dropped from a height of 20 metres.

Like my mom once said when a nurse told her she needed to lose weight "All my life people have been telling me to lose weight and you know what dearie? They're all dead now" 

Give'm the finger Willie.

He broke the law he should pay for it. Crime & Time remember?

No exemptions for name, fame or fortune. Thats what he is counting on. My name is Willie I can get way with it.

What about him and the other icons and their influence on the young and impressionable? A few old ones here of course.

If it was a Thai politician or such the whole forum would be up in arms, looking for the maximum punishment.

Read back examples. Corruption is the same.

I would say hang him but that might get a few people upset. Plus with the amount of pot

in his system he would probably not notice.

Raylo>> It is not about special treatment, it is about the madness of prosecuting people that smoke something basically harmless in the confines of their home etc.

Sorry TAWP cannot 100% agree. Granted that he probably was not driving, therefore he was probably not under control of the vehicle while under the influence. Same as alcohol no matter which study shows it does or does not affect your ability to react in an emergency.

Most of the posts, without counting or surveying, are more orientated towards it being "The Willie" being nabbed. As we both know if it had been you or me no headlines. Also the amount is questionable. Long trip?

raylo>> That it is news is because he is famous - that hardly qualifies as special treatment by the police, only by the media. Get over it.

I got nothing to get over with sweetheart. I made acooment that most of the posters feel he deserves specia treatment which you concur with that he has done nothing wrong.

If you want ocampaign ofr the decriminilisation of pot do so. My feeling is let justice be served fairly.

Enjoy your next joint.