Rugby Tens Tournament At Prince Royal College Today

JimShortz

It was yesterday as well actually. I just thought I'd give it a quick plug as it was a lot of fun yesterday. Teams from all over Thailand plus one from Russia (Yes, actually from Russia, not Russians from Pattaya!). It starts at 10am, and goes on until about 4pm I believe. I'm heading down there shortly to get my second dose of live Rugby - something that's pretty rare here in Chiang Mai.

It's free to get in and there is good food and drink at very reasonable prices. What's not to like?

Here's their website: http://www.chiangmairugbytens.com/

Apparently all the teams have pledged to return next year and we have just received bookings for teams from Oz and NZ next year too! So, watch this space, next year should be an even better event! I am gutted though that I missed it as we had our garden fair on the same day...will make sure not to do that next year!

It was indeed a good event !

It will be better next year if more teams have already confirmed and do turn up.

The stand was also nice and cool to sit under and watch the games but it was a shame the pitch looked like it hadn't seen water in a long time though.

I'll look forward to watching next years tournament, it will be interesting to see if Prem school improve over the next year. Their skill level may not have been the highest but their enthusiasm and effort were first rate in my opinion and for three weeks of learning the game and training ....... well, maybe PRC may have to be very wary of this side next time.

A BIG well done to all who were involved in organising this event!!! :clap2:

Apparently all the teams have pledged to return next year and we have just received bookings for teams from Oz and NZ next year too! So, watch this space, next year should be an even better event! I am gutted though that I missed it as we had our garden fair on the same day...will make sure not to do that next year!

A great garden party too Madam Pim; I went there first and then on to the rugby. Actually much nicer than any garden party I have attended in the UK, and with Anna Gracey's dulcet tones drifting through the garden it was really rather special - thank you! Oh, and thank you for sponsoring the rugby that i much enjoyed too!