RKASA

Sites:

Yahoo - gmail - hotmail

Both from online with a browser or Thunderbird mail center

Accounts 5 in gmail 3 in yahoo and 1in hotmail

OS windows or linux

Browsers IE8 and FF ether windows and linux for FF

PC three different PC's

Problem any email that has a jpg attachment will not go out. Most just time out, but any reg. email works just fine.

In fact - in hotmail the attachments are normally up loaded on the fly as you draft and they are being blocked won't even attach to the message. Others the messages fail to be sent normally with an error that the server is rejecting them. I would say that it is happening before they get that far.

I can receive them just fine.

I can't see where this can be anything but ToT zapping - thinking its an app. like P2P or something but as of today I cannot send any email with a jpg by any means from any source via any server. :blink:

Anyone seen this before?

ISP ToT of course they wouldn't have a thing to do with it :lol:

It might be your attachments (pictures) are too large.... I get this occasionally... when I don't down size the images for regular picture attachments.....

With G mail you might want to try & use Picasa, or Yahoo's Flicker...

Picasa I generally find easier.... You can set up size of image to attach... You will need to address list of the receiver in the gmail account you use.... (or have to "switch accounts" which is a pain! )

Hope that helps!

Nope it was only 200k jpg and it could not do it and all my boxes are cleaned out at all my accounts and not just a gmail but all e mail was doing it yahoo and hotmail too. It all just started working again - at first just real slow but getting better. Someone or something had the up load side swamped for me and it was dropping packets and losing connection to the mail servers from ToT all day long.

I ll send a few more tomorrow and see if problem returned. Even right not my upload is only running 40Kbps in a speed test and should be 256k. ToT servers again.

Change your outgoing mail address to TOT's smtp address, Don't remember it but you can call them at 1100.

This has happened to me ocationaly. Why TIT.

Nope it was only 200k jpg and it could not do it and all my boxes are cleaned out at all my accounts and not just a gmail but all e mail was doing it yahoo and hotmail too. It all just started working again - at first just real slow but getting better. Someone or something had the up load side swamped for me and it was dropping packets and losing connection to the mail servers from ToT all day long.

I ll send a few more tomorrow and see if problem returned. Even right not my upload is only running 40Kbps in a speed test and should be 256k. ToT servers again.