Xmas Dinner

SeanPhuket

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You better like turkey, thats all they seem to serve here for Xmas dinner.

Maybe you haven't heard, but turkey with stuffing is the traditional Christmas dinner, along with roast ham, meat loaf, sweet potatoes, cranberries, mashed potatoes, veggies and pie for dessert, all of which will be offered at RickNRolls Dec. 25th. It's not in the Bang Tao area, but it's worth the trip IMHO. Thanksgiving dinner at Rick's was absolutely fantastic. Best new night spot in Kata. It's on Kata New road between Club Med and The Beach Center, opposite Dome Bungalows.

RickNRolls Music Cafe

Edited by ScubaBuddha

And if you fancy dancing off the dinner,John at Solution Bar (before ricks, same side) is having a party starting early afternoon-very late (as always)!!.

Live bands and international DJ's being introduced in the next few weeks,plus rumours of a few 'A' list celebs in the area (watch this space!).

PST.

Maybe you haven't heard, but turkey with stuffing is the traditional Christmas dinner, along with roast ham, meat loaf, sweet potatoes, cranberries, mashed potatoes, veggies and pie for dessert, all of which will be offered at RickNRolls Dec. 25th. It's not in the Bang Tao area, but it's worth the trip IMHO. Thanksgiving dinner at Rick's was absolutely fantastic. Best new night spot in Kata. It's on Kata New road between Club Med and The Beach Center, opposite Dome Bungalows.

RickNRolls Music Cafe

Believe me where i come from turkey is not Christmas dinner, dry bird who wanna eat that for Christmas...

RickNRolls Music Cafe

Believe me where i come from turkey is not Christmas dinner, dry bird who wanna eat that for Christmas...

Turkey was never traditional when I was growing up yet our family always had a great day on Xmas. It depends where you come from.

RickNRolls Music Cafe

Same here, its to hot at xmas in Australia, i agree turkey is to dry.

Cold buffet of ham, roast chicken,king prawns and crayfish ( lobster without claws ) or barbecue of steak

sausages, king prawns and crays plus potato and mixed salad and the trimmings..

Turkey is the American thing and not popular elsewhere.

Not many people in Aussie sit down to a hot Xmas dinner any more

Nope....it's the British thing. Americans usually have ham, or, goose. Too close to Thanksgiving to have turkey again.

In the states we usually had turkey and sliced honey ham for Xmas. Delish!

From Wiki: "Christmas dinner around the world may differ and the traditions present below can reflect the culture of the respective country it is being celebrated in. Turkey is present in a fair number of these meals."

They have a list of several counties traditional Christmas dinner: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_dinner

Sorry to hear you have been eating dry turkey all this time. The turkey at Rickey's was juicy as. It's how you make it.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Nope....it's the British thing. Americans usually have ham, or, goose. Too close to Thanksgiving to have turkey again.

Turkeys are native to America, i don't think Americans eat a lot of goose

Aussies certainly do not, its not sold in the supermarkets although you can probably buy it.

There are turkey farms in Australia but its not popular there i think most must be exported.

A lot of ham is consumed at Xmas there, probably did not mention it in previous post

......and chickens are native to SE Asia.

According to the link supplied by scubabuddha, most of the ex-colonies follow the British tradition of turkey. I was surprised that the US has turkey, too for Xmas as it's only one month after thanksgiving.

Goose is very traditional. More popular back in Victorian times, but, is still widely eaten at Xmas. Very fatty.

Edited by KarenBravo

According to the link supplied by scubabuddha, most of the ex-colonies follow the British tradition of turkey. I was surprised that the US has turkey, too for Xmas as it's only one month after thanksgiving.

Goose is very traditional. More popular back in Victorian times, but, is still widely eaten at Xmas. Very fatty.

Turkeys are native to America, Which means they originally came from there and were eaten there long before anywhere else

And Americans are probably the biggest consumers of turkey in the world.

I can assure you turkey is not a popular food in Australia and i do not think New Zealand

Valantine is a New Zealander he would know for sure.

Many years ago Australians ate the traditional hot Xmas dinner, the majority do not any more.

Turkeys are native to America, Which means they originally came from there and were eaten there long before anywhere else

I can assure you turkey is not a popular food in Australia and i do not think New Zealand

Many years ago Australians ate the traditional hot Xmas dinner, the majority do not any more.

The turkey is actually native to North America, including parts of Canada, Mexico and parts of Central America.

And HDRider, if your turkey was too dry, it wasn't prepared properly.

The turkey is actually native to North America, including parts of Canada, Mexico and parts of Central America.

And HDRider, if your turkey was too dry, it wasn't prepared properly.

I know that, most people when talking about America mean North America not South America.

North or South its still America and the turkey is mainly found in North America.

I find turkey to dry also, its not eaten often in Australia and people probably do not know how to cook it.

Sorry, but I don't see the relevance of where the Turkey is native to.

It has been eaten in Europe for hundreds of years, even before the discovery and settlement of Australia.

Chickens are native to SE Asia, but, they've been eaten for thousands of years in the West.

Pigs are not native to Australia, yet, Aussies still eat bacon and ham, no?

Edited by KarenBravo

Sorry, but I don't see the relevance of where the Turkey is native to.

It has been eaten in Europe for hundreds of years, even before the discovery and settlement of Australia.

Chickens are native to SE Asia, but, they've been eaten for thousands of years in the West.

Pigs are not native to Australia, yet, Aussies still eat bacon and ham, no?

Post 9, Its a British thing, most Americans eat ham or GOOSE.

Try ham and turkey.

Post 12 Most ex colonies eat turkey, Name one except for Canada

Most people eat chicken regularly, so why wouldn't Americans eat turkey at Xmas if its a month after thanksgiving

smoked salmon n champagne for brekky on oz.. followed by a cold buffet including ham and lots of seafood.. diiner if anyone is conscious is more of lunch =)

Yes you are right mate, more and more people are are eating seafood in Australia for Xmas lunch plus good ham.

Even people who do not eat seafood regularly splash out at Xmas time.

Who would want to sit down to a hot meal when its 40 degrees in the water bottle

Post 10 check the link.

.......and the relevance of the Turkey being a native of America is?

As i posted before name one ex colony except Canada.

You stated most ex colonies follow the British tradition and eat turkey at Xmas.

Post 10 check the link.

You stated most ex colonies follow the British tradition and eat turkey at Xmas.

....and as I replied before, check the link on post #10.

Post 10 check the link.

....and as I replied before, check the link on post #10.

Do not believe everything you read on the Internet its regularly wrong.

As Aussies and Kiwis have posted on this topic turkey is not the traditional Xmas Lunch in either country.

And it would not be in Malaysia, India or former African colonies except for a minority of the people

Gonna be a xmas BBQ at The Bar On The Rocks on Surin beach...you're welcome to bbq native animals if you wish.

Twin Palms always does an impressive xmas dinner with alcohol included for around 2000 baht. I'm sure it will be on their website

I am glad to see someone offering some other choices for Xmas dinner. Seems like scuba & PST have an interest in the two places they always promote on this & other posts. Not saying they are not good places to eat but a pattern is emerging. I just had an email from Da Vincis for their Xmas dinner, not a turkey in sight, but still not impressed with their menu.

Edited by Valentine

Do not believe everything you read on the Internet its regularly wrong.

Should I include your posts in that statement?

Actually, I've been in Aussie for the previous two Christmas's and for Christmas dinner, Turkey was served amongst hams,prawns and crayfish.

It may be in a few hotels and restaurants but its certainly not the main dish and would be served in a buffet

Since its traditional to you, its important its on the menu

AUSSIES AND KIWIS DO NOT EAT TURKEY TRADITIONALLY FOR XMAS

Its you who is wrong, ask a few Aussies or Kiwis and you will find out

I am glad to see someone offering some other choices for Xmas dinner. Seems like scuba & PST have an interest in the two places they always promote on this & other posts. Not saying they are not good places to eat but a pattern is emerging. I just had an email from Da Vincis for their Xmas dinner, not a turkey in sight, but still not impressed with their menu.

No interest but Ricky is a friend of mine. I stand by my recommendation and if someone tries it and disagrees please feel free to post your experiences.