Thai woman kills self during Internet broadcast in front of boyfriend, others

News_Editor

Suicide is common everywhere. I have personally seen my share of it, and it sits deep in you for the rest of your life if the person is a close one.

I agree on the "educate the girls"-matter. How many not-Thai women carries around the "broken heart" scars over their wrist? Met one in all my life at home. Here I will need more than hands and feet to count.

Suicide is common everywhere

Yes it is common but in thailand it can be of epidemic proportions At the height ot the 1997 financial crisis it was two per hour 24 / 7 in Bangkok alone.

Havind said that, this particular case has touched at the piece of stone that doubles as my heart.

It appears that the deceased was at a different place to the 'other party' in respect of the way she perceived this relationship to be or where she hoped it to go.

And I will repeat my comment about <deleted> who see the social networking web sites as a no cost alternative to paying a short time hooker.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is common but in thailand it can be of epidemic proportions

There was an article in certain newspaper yesterday or the day before. It stated that the suicide rate in Thailand is actually lower than many places, including Japan and most Western European countries. Interesting.

How very sad, RIP. It's too bad people can't control their emotions and get so wrapped up thinking they need someone else more than they need themselves. My wife has a single friend in her 40's who has been pining ever since for a guy who dumped her twenty years ago! It's awful, she's a lovely woman and she has wasted her life wishing for the impossible. :( I have a young friend who in a fit of despair sliced up her arms with a knife over some stupid guy, when she got to our house my wife and I spent hours getting her straightened out (it's not like she could visit a psychologist here, we were all she had), in any case she is much better now and I'm pretty sure will never do something so foolish again.

LOS seems like it's come under a dark shroud the last few years, I guess I was naive but it used to be a pretty fun place to live. Maybe I shouldn't have started reading these forums, ignorance was bliss!

Edited by JatujakShopper

Yes it is common but in thailand it can be of epidemic proportions

There was an article in certain newspaper yesterday or the day before. It stated that the suicide rate in Thailand is actually lower than many places, including Japan and most Western European countries. Interesting.

I can only re-iterate that it was 2/24/7 in Bangkok. Thats around 17,500 p/a

Russia has 40,0000 p/a which is less than the realm on a per capita basis. Not a lot less but still less.

Of course who knows what motivated this girl to do what she did, and of course it happens all over the world, but I can't help but blame society a little bit.

I know exactly why she did what she did, but I will not dishonor her memory by providing details here.

Then please keep your secret for your self. Let her rest in peace.

I know exactly why she did what she did, but I will not dishonor her memory by providing details here.

If you believe that she was abused or forced into criminal activities in Holland which pushed her over the edge, you should come forward with your information in a constructive way to try and help other young Thai women avoid a similar fate. If you are just enjoying some sort of warped notoriety with your teasers, better stay away.

It seems odd that the Thai media accept she had a legitimate job with a "store" in Holland that involved frequent travel there. If real jobs with work permits for young Thai women like that really existed, there would be queues round the block outside the Dutch Embassy.

Edited by Arkady

Many people suffer from depression to varying degrees, but when someone goes one step further than thinking about suicide, to actually committing it, it is probable that they have bipolar/manic depression, possibly mild and long term undiagnosed. This combined with other personal problems can make life difficult to deal with.

I think there may be some cultural/religious influences at work here also. Buddhists believe in reincarnation. Therefore if this life isn't working out for you, just pull the plug and try again next round. It's a crude way of putting it, I know, but you get the point. I think suicide is bad karma, though, so you would suffer a demotion in status, maybe coming back as an animal or something, of if you are a man, you might come back as a woman.

Do the same cultural and religious factors influence the excessively high murder rate in Thailand too? If some one else's life is not working out for you or their demise would be financially beneficial, just whack 'em and do a few Hail Maries at the temple. No need to even feel bad about the victim's future prospects, since the early demise was involuntary.

I don't think it works that way - unlike the catholics who can say hail maries and receive kind of an instant forgiveness I think karma sticks with you a bit more ... anyway I'm definitely no expert. I think the broader point is that life can be cheap Thailand and the surrounding region. People is one of the few things they have enough of.

• 1 month later...