Good Value Family Entertainment Option

chiangmaibruce

We went today for the first time and I would highly recommend it. We took up the entry fee/buffet lunch deal at 119 baht for kids and 159 baht adults. Some additional activities are extra but only modest fees, e.g. bike hire 60 baht, paddle boats 50 baht. I think the swimming pool (impressive) was 100 baht for adults. Lots of things to do and see including museum, massage, medicinal herb gardens, amazing topiary, animal enclosures, horse riding, etc Buffet was good too. There is also a small hotel and conference facilities.

The thing that struck me was how clean and well-maintained the whole facility was - and it's 285 rai to keep tidy. It really is a good example of how a tourism facility can be run when the management know what they are doing and really train and supervise the staff.

I have their brochure here and I see they have a web site at www.tweecholbotanicgarden.com

I've been many times. I like it there. It used to be 50 Baht to get in; now 80 Baht. Bike rental used to be 20 Baht; now 60 Baht. Paddle boat was 20 Baht as well... I'm quite sure the swimming pool is much more than 100 Baht however.

I thought the buffet was only on weekends but since today was a holiday maybe they are open on holidays too.

Yes, a very impressive and well-maintained place. Lots of stuff to do to keep the kids occupied. I recommend it as well.

It really is a good example of how a tourism facility can be run when the management know what they are doing

...and when, as a memeber of the government, you had the opportunity to get all the funds and plants in place, so much so that you don't mind losing money on the whole thing. :)

But yes, I like the place too.

Queen Sirikit gardens seem to be improving as well. And were free to enter last weekend.