Istanbul Was Once Constantanople

lovejoy

Yes, again.

As of this morning, the personality formerly known as Sean Combs, Puff Daddy, Puffy and P. Diddy wants to be called Diddy.

"One word. Five letters. Period," says the hip-hop heavyweight, who swears he isn't taking the P. out of his name to yank our chain -- or as a publicity stunt.

Why diddy do it ?

"I needed to simplify things," says the 34-year-old, frankly admitting the confusion created by his last name change, in March 2003, was his initial cause for concern.

"Nobody knew what to call me," he explains. "I'd notice that people were uncomfortable when I'd meet them for the first time, and then they'd ask me what they should call me. I even started to get confused myself -- and when I'd called someone on the telephone it took me a long time to explain who I was. Too long."

Apart from the frustration of constantly having to tell people what to call him, Diddy says he worried that the name P. Diddy could be bad for business.

"I went to a concert in Madison Square Garden last year and the crowd started to chant my name," he says dryly.

"Let's just say the name P. Diddy didn't quite flow. I realized immediately I had a problem."

Eliminating the pointless P., a move Diddy is making as he prepares to host the MTV Awards at the end of the month, isn't the only change on the fashion-designing music impresario's agenda.

He's also planning to punch up his act in the wardrobe department.

The man who brought "bling," into the mainstream plans to "go more rock 'n' roll," with his threads.

"It's not going to be costume-y, its more about creative styling," says Diddy about his new look, which is inspired in part by David Bowie and Mick Jagger.

Both superstars, Diddy says, had great style but "neither of them took themselves too seriously."

Asked if this is the last name change he plans to make, Diddy doesn't skip a beat before replying: "I don't know. I never say never."

what an idiot

welll...... tahiland is considering changing its name to either:

1. Land of Siam.

2. Land of Smiles.

3. L. of Smailes.

4. L. of Snails.

5. Or just plain "Snail".

"One word. Five letters. Period," says the Toxinated Primate, who swears he isn't taking the P. out of his name to yank our chain -- or as a publicity stunt. Snail shall become the HUB of Lampshade.s

Since this is not Thailand related, I just wanted to add Richard Whitely from Countdown died the other day.  What a shame. :D

he was a fat self-satisfied guy

carol was cuter

Ermm, yeah, of course she was. :o

Nah, Whitely wasn't self satisfied, he was a cool dude.

Agreed. R.I.P.