External Hard Drive 1000Gb

banglay

Hello All.

I need a external hard drive at least 1000+ GB for my laptop and was wondering were the best place to purchase one in Pattaya and the cost involved .I don't know whether to buy locally or off EBay (the best price will win)

cheers

I don't know about hard drives, but I just got an HP computer I5 with 640 gig Hard Drive 4 gig memory for $22,000 baht. The equivalent here is over 52,000

I bought this 3 weeks ago for 28000 Baht, so I don't know where you get your prices from?

System ManufacturerAcer ModelAspire 4741 Total amount of system memory2.00 GB RAM System type32-bit operating system Number of processor cores2 64-bit capableYesStorage Total size of hard disk(s)596 GB Disk partition (C:)56 GB Free (106 GB Total) Disk partition (D:)490 GB Free (490 GB Total) Media drive (E:)CD/DVD Media drive (F:)CDGraphics Display adapter typeNVIDIA GeForce GT 420M Total available graphics memory1754 MB Dedicated graphics memory1024 MB Dedicated system memory0 MB Shared system memory730 MB Display adapter driver version8.17.12.5922 Primary monitor resolution1366x768 DirectX versionDirectX 10

Nice laptop fast with large HDD.

Cheers, Rick

I brought a WD 1000GB hard drive or a terrabyte even from Tuk Com for 3600 about 5 weeks ago, bang on!!

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy can you tell me which shop outlet in Tukcom you bought the Hard drive from...???? it'll save me walking round aimlessly asking the same question

Cheer

I brought a WD 1000GB hard drive or a terrabyte even from Tuk Com for 3600 about 5 weeks ago, bang on!!

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy can you tell me which shop outlet in Tukcom you bought the Hard drive from...???? it'll save me walking round aimlessly asking the same question

Cheer

or you could bother to read the other responses you have had and choose not walk to walk aimlessly around Tukcom and get one from Wattana opposite Foodland

Wattana have two units in Tukcom but why bother going there when you can access and park easier in the Pattaya Klang branch and see a bigger selection on offer?

Edited by Rimmer

Jimmy

Well, that's twice the price of Amazon. The irony is many of these factories are here in Thailand (e.g. Seagate).

Haven't checked today but don't think any new 1 TB drives are $50-60 on Amazon yet. Still $100 or thereabouts. In any case, as I constantly remind posters, the price on Amazon or "back home" doesn't really matter, because you ain't in Kansas anymore.

I bought a 1 Terra byte Western Digital Book external drive last week from Pattaya 2 U on the fourth floor of Tukcom it was was B3400, It was already formatted.

Or as Timekeeper says go to Wattana, Park in Foodland and enjoy the added bonus of using the new pedestrian crossing that goes right to their door. B)

Tesco sell Acer 1 TB external HD w/case (HDD from WD) for 3500 Baht (nearly)

I believe that's an old price (assuming we are talking about a 3.5 inch drive). I bought a Acer 1.5 TB external drive at Carrefour for THB 3,290 in October and the 1 TB version I believe was (and is) priced at just under THB 2,800. I have seen the 1 TB drive at the same price at Tesco, but they didn't seem to sell the 1,5 TB version.

Sophon

I find the prices at JIB to be consistently among the best, plus you can check the prices online. They have branches many places in Thailand, including Pantip.

jib.co.th

1. 0 TB. PC WESTERN (BLUE) 7200 rpm • buffer 32MB 3 ปี 1,850

1. 0 TB. EXT. 3.5 WESTERN (ELEMENTS) 3.5'' • 7200 rpm • USB 3 ปี 2,190

Edited by Jimmyd

Jimmy

Well, that's twice the price of Amazon. The irony is many of these factories are here in Thailand (e.g. Seagate).

Haven't checked today but don't think any new 1 TB drives are $50-60 on Amazon yet. Still $100 or thereabouts. In any case, as I constantly remind posters, the price on Amazon or "back home" doesn't really matter, because you ain't in Kansas anymore.

Right. You do have to watch for sales and promotions. I bought this 2tb at Costco 2 days ago for $99.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-GoFlex-External-STAC2000100/dp/B003ELOSJG/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IWU4P1URCKD1V&colid=60C7IJGLSXIS

BTW, the box says "Made in Thailand"!!!

e bay will be cheaper but airmail and customs boys might make it not worth the while. tuk com have loads.

i purchased nuvi garmin in uk£89 few months ago, less than 4500 baht, here same one in 10000 baht. tax tax and more tax

e bay will be cheaper but airmail and customs boys might make it not worth the while. tuk com have loads.

i purchased nuvi garmin in uk£89 few months ago, less than 4500 baht, here same one in 10000 baht. tax tax and more tax

Or free with any Android phone, i.e. Google Maps :)

I don't know about hard drives, but I just got an HP computer I5 with 640 gig Hard Drive 4 gig memory for $22,000 baht. The equivalent here is over 52,000

How much is $22,000 baht? Over where is 52000 ? 52000 whats?

30 baht to the dollar, so a little over $700 USD... 52,000 Baht would be about $1,735. So a savings of $1,000 USD

Look out for bargains on USB 2.0 drives. USB 3.0 has arrived but unless your laptop is also USB 3.0 it's of no benefit. When I looked the other day there was a difference of 1000 Baht between the prices of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 500Gb drives. (Didn't see any 1Tb at the time)

I only asked a simple question ,,,please Mr Rimmer close my topic

presumably you have checked out ebay already, as a matter of interest whats the WD 1000GB going for. problem with e bay is returning if faulty. i had problem with 500Gb from Banana IT in tuk com, i took it back and they gave me brand new one and 3 year warranty.

i think postage would be at least 1000 baht then if customs add import duty who knows.

No one has mentioned this, but there's 2 types to choose from. An external HD with own power supply or external HD powered by the USB port. The latter are more expensive, lighter and smaller. If portability is important, you should get the latter type.

No one has mentioned this, but there's 2 types to choose from. An external HD with own power supply or external HD powered by the USB port. The latter are more expensive, lighter and smaller. If portability is important, you should get the latter type.

I would be surprised if you can get a 1tb external that is USB powered.

EDIT: I stand corrected.

WD Passport Essential SE

Listed at Hardware House for Bt.3910.

Edited by Spoonman

I just bought a samsung 2tb 3.5" harddrive for 2,810 baht, a sata dock is about 700 baht, thats a total of 3,500 baht or there abouts, for a 2tb external harddrive, which is faster than a usb external model, and will run cooler.