Double Entry Tourist Visa Help Needed

as best I can recall:

2 passport photos

Your passport with enough free space for stamps (one entire page for Laos visa, plus room enough for Thai entry stamp)

Your Thai departure card

35 USD for visa-on-arrival (I think this is the correct amount, I believe its 1500 if you have baht)

Fill out Laos arrival/departure cards and visa-on-arrival forms at the Laos border. You need to do the visa forms at the visa-on-arrival window near the immigration checkpoint.

Fill out new Thai arrival/departure cards for re-entering Thailand.

last time i was in Mae Sot ( the border with Burma) i exited Thailand and was asked why i was leaving as i have a 1 year retirement extension and i told him i wanted to visit Burma for the day and I had to pay for the visa. I was with a american guy doing a 90 day turn around and all he had to do was exit Thailand and walk to the Burmese side and then walk back.

Never got an entry to Burma. :unsure:

I thought that could't be done

as best I can recall:

2 passport photos

Your passport with enough free space for stamps (one entire page for Laos visa, plus room enough for Thai entry stamp)

Your Thai departure card

35 USD for visa-on-arrival (I think this is the correct amount, I believe its 1500 if you have baht)

Fill out Laos arrival/departure cards and visa-on-arrival forms at the Laos border. You need to do the visa forms at the visa-on-arrival window near the immigration checkpoint.

Fill out new Thai arrival/departure cards for re-entering Thailand.

When you get to the Border ccrossing, on the left is the Immigration point to "check out" of Thailand, get stamped out and walk about 5 metres and pay 20baht for bus over the bridge.

On the other side, get off the bus, walk to the Visa on arrival window and get required form, fill it out and attach passport pic, pay the 1500baht or $35. Collect your passport when called from Window No2, walk around the corner, you do not have to queue for immigration as you will alreayd be stamped in when your Visa is done, just walk straight ahead to the end of the platform, avoid the taxi touts etc and turn left and left again to walk back down the other side of the building, stamp out of laos, pay the 20 baht again for Bus and back to Thailand. Off the bus fill in arrival card and stamp back in to Thailand.

You do not need any help from any touts or wannabe helpers anywhere, its straight forward enough.

Hope this helps.

:)

Edited by CharlieH

you don't need to goto laos to renew your visa any convenient border/air crossing will do, laos is quite expensive because of the $35/1500baht entry but if you live close to there then probably best for you ?

you should be fine with just 1 photo for your laos visa on arival.

when you re-enter thailand make sure you put the visa number on your arrival card if not you will only get a 14 day stamp instead of 60 days,

you also have an option to extend your first visa - costs 1900 baht for extra 30 days - but you need to be aware of the expiry date of your visa to make sure you don't over run and can't re-new for your second entry,

good luck,

nothing to it really,

chris

you can download the laos visa on arrival from from the website of LAO embassy in Bangkok and fill it out in advance. this will save you time.

Also don't go before 10pm since than the crossing at Nongkai is overcrowded with foreigner doing visa runs (application is only in the morning) and thais going to Laos for shopping for one day