:o Hi There,

I am looking for some work as an extra in films or commercials in Thailand.

Can any one recommend a genuine agency to register with that finds work for westerners....And explain how these things work in Thailand???

And what kind of money do they pay???

Any help would be appreiciated...

hi,

you must hang around Kao San Road, or early morning, or late evening, the pay is about 5 000/day, but genuine?

what mean genuine in thailand? lol

they are genuine slave traders.

Do a search in the forum, someone posted all the infos 6 month ago

:PPPPPPPPPPPP

Hi There,

There is no way I am going to hang around Khoasan Rd on the off chance that I might pick up a job...I live here and am not a backpacker...I rarely go to Khoasan Rd...I am looking for the details of some agents to contact who deal with westerners. I did a search of this forum as you sugessted using extra/actor but came up with nothing...

Any one elsehave any advice....???

• 3 months later...

Hi Penny,

There is certainly a market for foreigners in commercials,modelling,etc. However, they require a certain look which is popular at the moment. I have been modelling a bit and there are some reliable agencies in BKK who provide jobs for foreigners in commercials,modelling,catwalk,print,etc. But like I said,they do have requirements and will only pick the 'good looking ones'. I am in a big hurry so haven't been checking your profile but are you male/female,where are you from (the eastern european look is 'hot' for promotional activities),etc. I do have some contacts so just let me know if you are interested (its high profile) and I can help you out (maybe). Well,let me know!

BYE,

Mario

From my experience Western looks with Eastern touch works well. (Euroasian).

Try Grammy, RS, Kantana or Media of Medias.

All four produce commercials but they prefer Thai Farangs (guys).

BTW: Khaosan isn't just about backpackers.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi There,

There is no way I am going to hang around Khoasan Rd on the off chance that I might pick up a job...I live here and am not a backpacker...I rarely go to Khoasan Rd...I am looking for the details of some agents to contact who deal with westerners. I did a search of this forum as you sugessted using extra/actor but came up with nothing...

What sort of Thai visa do you have ?

Hi There,

What sort of Thai visa do you have ?

That must have been a hard question. :o

There is certainly a market for foreigners in commercials,modelling,etc. However, they require a certain look which is popular at the moment. I have been modelling a bit and there are some reliable agencies in BKK who provide jobs for foreigners in commercials,modelling,catwalk,print,etc. But like I said,they do have requirements and will only pick the 'good looking ones'. I am in a big hurry so haven't been checking your profile but are you male/female,where are you from (the eastern european look is 'hot' for promotional activities),etc. I do have some contacts so just let me know if you are interested (its high profile) and I can help you out (maybe). Well,let me know!

BYE,

Mario

Hi Mario,

Please check your email! Just sent you a message on your above reply regarding jobs in commercials etc.

Thank you, khrap!

Rai

But like I said,they do have requirements and will only pick the 'good looking ones'. I am in a big hurry so haven't been checking your profile but are you male/female,where are you from (the eastern european look is 'hot' for promotional activities),etc.

If the commercial calls for a model-type person then yes, they'll look for model types- however that's not always the case. I'm definitely not a model but was approached (on Sukhumvit) along with a friend of mine to audition for a commercial about 2 years ago.

I was busy on the day of the audition but my friend went to it- he was there for about 2 hours and did a screen test to play a bank robber. He didn't get the part... but noted that there were a lot of 'ordinary' looking farang around, not just models.

After all, if they really want a model type they'll go for 'luuk kreung' over us foreigners anyway. :o

Cheers!