Thai Lessons In Liverpool

suegha

Does anyone know of anyone offering Thai lessons in or around Liverpool. I have some books and tapes but that is so difficult. I would prefer to supplement 'real' lessons with the books and tapes. Ideally one on one (or one on two, as my wife would also attend).

Thanks

A'right la,

I'm perhaps not the best placed to give lessons, but if you wish to practise your conversational Thai, I'd be more than happy to meet up for a pint or 2 and have a chat in Thai.

Other than that, I don't know of any official Thai language courses anywhere in Merseyside.

Scouse.

Does anyone know of anyone offering Thai lessons in or around Liverpool.  I have some books and tapes but that is so difficult.  I would prefer to supplement 'real' lessons with the books and tapes.  Ideally one on one (or one on two, as my wife would also attend).

Thanks

Try that place on the corner of Shiel road and Warwick street :o

Theres a place in Manchester that I used to go to. It was 10 quid an hour when I used to go (about 2 years ago) but it is usually 1.5 hours. Its not bad. Dont know if you want to travel to Manchester on a Saturday afternoon, but if you do I can give you the number and address. It is in the City Centre.

Hi all.

Scouser, I have sent you a PM.

Simbo, I didn't know there was a place on the corner of Shiel road and Warwick street, I'll give it a try.

StateSix, thanks for the reply, however, City centre Manchester on Saturday afternoon would not be possible. I wonder if they would have any other 'local' details of anyone else?

Thanks all

Suega, I borrowed the Thai Linguaphone Course Books from Birkenhead library years ago. While not ideal when compared to studying with a Thai teacher, the Linguaphone course would make for very good supplementary material in my opinion.

Hi all.

Scouser, I have sent you a PM.

Simbo, I didn't know there was a place on the corner of Shiel road and Warwick street, I'll give it a try.

StateSix, thanks for the reply, however, City centre Manchester on Saturday afternoon would not be possible.  I wonder if they would have any other 'local' details of anyone else?

Thanks all

Have you tried the Thai Community centre in Frodsham between Runcorn and Helsby, they used to run thai, Laos and Khmer evening classes there, mind you I left the area in 96 and have not been back, best of luck ,Nignoy

• 2 years later...

I could do with something similar myself.

I've sat down with a couple of phrase books and dictionaries, but I can't really motivate myself to learn alone. I know I should try to make conversation with Thai people but it's very rare that I coem across any in Liverpool and even when I do, I'm worried about embarrassing myself.

If anybody knows a place in or near Liverpool that teaches absolute beginner Thai I'd really appreciate a tip off.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...