Where To Buy A Tandem In Thailand

pedals

Sir / Madam

Thailand is bigger than France. You need to be a bit more specific about where you might want to buy the bike.:blink:

I sometimes see Tandem bikes for sale at the side of the Suhkumvit Road in Pattaya. Just south of the Floating Market on the opposite side of the road.

As for the build quality / style / colour??? They do not look all that good and Pink is not a colour for a bike unless you are a 6 year old girl.

Do you want one you can climb over the Alps on with panniers front and back or are you going round a small park or down a beach front on a Sunday afternoon with your GF.

I have been to several bike shops in Pattaya and Bangkok and never seen a Tandem....:ermm:

Maybe other TV cyclists will answer the post if you state "town in Thailand"

best of luck.

If you happen to live in the Cha-Am area, it will be an easy find. All over Cha Am beach, there are tandem and even triple and quadruple - bike rentals, so asking to buy one should get you at least a good address of a shop where you can obtain them. I even recall having seen some on the left side of Phetchkasem Road after entering Hua Hin coming from Bangkok. There also is Mike s Bicycle shop, Hua Hin Bikes, which is IMO one of the best bicycle shops of Thailand . .

Thanks for the replies.

I live in Chiang Mai but I willing to travel anywhere in the country to get a quality bike that is capable of touring South East Asia and China. Type of bike I'm looking for is a Cannondale, Thorn or at the lower end a Dawes tandem.

I have a look at Mikes bike shop in Hua Hin, even if he has non in stock he may be able to order one for me.

Once again thanks for the replies.

I would try probike in Bangkok.

They are the importer for Trek and some other brands and I am sure that I saw a tandem the last time I was in there. They will be able to order pretty much anything for you, very professional service and decent prices.

I know there is a Cannondale shop off Suk 24 I think but I do not know anything about them.

Would really recommend Probike as the first port of call. Speak good English if you need to call them first, alternatively they even answer emails which is a first !!

Thanks for the info Changnaam,

I will give them a mail tonight and I let you know the result.

I would try probike in Bangkok.

They are the importer for Trek and some other brands and I am sure that I saw a tandem the last time I was in there. They will be able to order pretty much anything for you, very professional service and decent prices.

I know there is a Cannondale shop off Suk 24 I think but I do not know anything about them.

Would really recommend Probike as the first port of call. Speak good English if you need to call them first, alternatively they even answer emails which is a first !!

Thanks for that Mr Hippo'

I have emailed Pro Bike and I am waiting for a reply.

quote name='mr_hippo' timestamp='1292274595' post='4085932']

I was in ProBike at the weekend, they have a Trek T9000 (about 49,000( Baht). There's a Trek Cruiseliner tandem at Nakornthai - between Lat Phrao 101 & 103 (about 15,000 Baht)

Canondales - nice but very pricey!