New Helmet Laws Introduced As Fatality Rate Soars In Thailand

webfact

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do those who favour independent and uncaring notions concerning their own behaviour square that with a similar attitude practiced by the phu yais who are obsessed with themselves and the amassing of large amounts of the folding stuff while others suffer. Would they applaud the moron next door who plays what passes for contemporary music at full volume at 4 o'clock in the morning? It was working together and conforming that has taken us out of our caves and allowed man to walk on the moon. I would say that the majority of Thai people are,. for want of a phrase, unsophisticated in their thinking. Sadly, much like children, much must be imposed upon them for their own good.

Or would that further rile those self centred autocrats spouting homilies about individual freedoms and not a word about personal responsibility?

Jeez, you sound like the poster child for an George Orwells 1984 the way you are carrying on.

Personal responsibility starts with the individual NOT with an over-bearing government taking away peoples rights.

If you want it like home, GO HOME!

Live and let live on this one, this is Thailand (Thank god!)

soaring to new intellectual heights here!

I don't know.......forced to wera a helmet eh, but still nothing done about pillion passengers carying shoping in one hand and their 3 month old baby in they other..... AMAZING THAILAND

Exactly, it is a 'hidden tax'-scam with the intellectual midgets cheering on. It's not about road-safety, because with or without helmet, accidents will happen and they hurt. And it cost more to treat a survivor than a dead person...

I don't know.......forced to wera a helmet eh, but still nothing done about pillion passengers carying shoping in one hand and their 3 month old baby in they other..... AMAZING THAILAND

Exactly, it is a 'hidden tax'-scam with the intellectual midgets cheering on. It's not about road-safety, because with or without helmet, accidents will happen and they hurt. And it cost more to treat a survivor than a dead person...

THat's already been covered

Firstly, it may come as a surprise for you but they don't make helmets for 3 month old babies :rolleyes: & an incorrect sized helmet will most likely come off in the event of an accident &/or possibly break the neck of the child.

And to sort out this problem, you expect all Thai people with newborns/children to go out and buy cars? :rolleyes:

AMAZING FARANGS

Many Farangs I know that drink and have a car or a bike drink and drive on a regular basis in Thailand, all that education that has been drummed into them from an early age goes flying out of the window when they come to Thailand, why ?

They wouldn't do so in their own country, but they do it here for the same reason that some Thais do, lax law enforcement, they would do the same in their own countries if they were not controlled so well, even then the amount of people who fail sobriety tests in developed countries is staggering, even with all the knowledge, all the harsh penalties, all the heavy police presence the death toll from reckless or drunk drivers is high, 40,000 plus fatalities in the USA alone, a large percentage are alcohol related, yet they still do it.

Reading comments from Farangs on this forum, it would seem that you are from another planet instead of countries where people break the laws all the time they think they can get away with it, just like they do in Thailand.

These threads always turn into a Thai bashing bonanza, where Farangs sit behind a PC bashing the very Country and People that they chose to come to and associate with, then complain it's not like home, forgetting the reasons they left their homeland in the first place.

Edited by GM1955

Firstly, it may come as a surprise for you but they don't make helmets for 3 month old babies :rolleyes: & an incorrect sized helmet will most likely come off in the event of an accident &/or possibly break the neck of the child.

And to sort out this problem, you expect all Thai people with newborns/children to go out and buy cars? :rolleyes:

AMAZING FARANGS

In a family with a 3 month old child there are most probably a mother and a father.As far as I know Thailand there are in most cases also 2 grandmothers and 2 grandfathers who love to take care for the young born.Probably also some sisters and brothers who can look after the baby for a short time if neccessary.

Now can you please repeat what business that young born has on a motorbike mixed with the groceries.

Now can you please repeat what business that young born has on a motorbike mixed with the groceries.

They're on their way to grannies to drop off the child, the groceries are really packets of ear plugs in an attempt to try and drown out the droaning sounds of all the whiney farangs about the place.

I am sure there are plenty of cases where there were other options, just as there would be other cases where there wasnt any options.

You guys bitch about having more then 2 on bikes and helmet quality, you go pay for an extra bike or car and a nice helmet for a poor thai family then. They don't even have mosquetto nets or shutters and any toilets in the NE let alone these luxuarys.

Get real.

Living here for nine years in a city in the lower North-east made me understand that people might think helmets are just for cops, not for any type of protection. Cops here are off at 4 pm, which means that almost nobody is wearing a helmet after 4 pm.

It's true that lots of kids die in weird accidents, most of them occur in the evening, or at night. Hospitals don't have enough doctors, so many people die because there's nobody who can react in an emergency case.

I've seen five badly injured guys in the emergency room, where nurses were trying to do anything they could. No way for an emergency operation, same thing on weekends. Should be taught at schools with real photos of accidents.

Even the helmets, cops are wearing are not protecting the non existing brains. :jap:

Many Farangs I know that drink and have a car or a bike drink and drive on a regular basis in Thailand, all that education that has been drummed into them from an early age goes flying out of the window when they come to Thailand, why ?

They wouldn't do so in their own country, but they do it here for the same reason that some Thais do, lax law enforcement, they would do the same in their own countries if they were not controlled so well, even then the amount of people who fail sobriety tests in developed countries is staggering, even with all the knowledge, all the harsh penalties, all the heavy police presence the death toll from reckless or drunk drivers is high, 40,000 plus fatalities in the USA alone, a large percentage are alcohol related, yet they still do it.

Reading comments from Farangs on this forum, it would seem that you are from another planet instead of countries where people break the laws all the time they think they can get away with it, just like they do in Thailand.

These threads always turn into a Thai bashing bonanza, where Farangs sit behind a PC bashing the very Country and People that they chose to come to and associate with, then complain it's not like home, forgetting the reasons they left their homeland in the first place.

+1

ive been first on the scene at 3 m/bike smashes,2Xfatalitys,,,,,dont laugh,, this is not a joke,ppl are dieing,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Want an award? I have seen more people killed here on MC-bikes during the past 6 years than all years combined back home. However, I cannot say with any confidence that a helmet would have helped in the majority of cases nor that the people involved would have used them even if the fines was high...what is needed is information and education, not new laws.

With this 'a law fixes all problems'-attitude there will soon be a law that all Thai graduates should reach atleast 3.0 GPA when they get their BA or face a fine of 5k baht per 0.1 below...

If you still think more info is needed then you are about 40 years out of date!I think it is you who would benefit from some education.

ive been first on the scene at 3 m/bike smashes,2Xfatalitys,,,,,dont laugh,, this is not a joke,ppl are dieing,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Want an award? I have seen more people killed here on MC-bikes during the past 6 years than all years combined back home. However, I cannot say with any confidence that a helmet would have helped in the majority of cases nor that the people involved would have used them even if the fines was high...what is needed is information and education, not new laws.

With this 'a law fixes all problems'-attitude there will soon be a law that all Thai graduates should reach atleast 3.0 GPA when they get their BA or face a fine of 5k baht per 0.1 below...

The only thing you can do is flame people. Says all about you really.

I'm sorry but I'm not intending to " flame" (reduced to jargon now?) anyone, I'm making measured and critical observations based on the information as I see it.You should try it sometime.It appears to me that there is a definite lack of critical thinking in your posts which in my opinion leads you to make some rather risible comments.

I'm sorry but I'm not intending to " flame" (reduced to jargon now?) anyone, I'm making measured and critical observations based on the information as I see it.You should try it sometime.It appears to me that there is a definite lack of critical thinking in your posts which in my opinion leads you to make some rather risible comments.

Yes, everyone that is against unnecessary laws or unwanted government intervention are lacking critical thinking...tell me, how many Nobel prices have you received? :rolleyes:

Edited by TAWP

Yes, everyone that is against unnecessary laws or unwanted government intervention are lacking critical thinking...tell me, how many Nobel prices have you received? :rolleyes:

QED

QED

I would have thought that due to the staggering death toll amongst Thai motorcyclists then the helmet law is required(just needs to be enforced) and the government intervention is entirely justified in this instance.

I would have thought that due to the staggering death toll amongst Thai motorcyclists then the helmet law is required(just needs to be enforced) and the government intervention is entirely justified in this instance.

What you want isn't to force people to put on a helmet when the see a police-officer or check-point, but that people put on the helmet properly out of the will to protect their heads.

That can only happen via education and information-campaigns, showing the danger and damages from not wearing one when it is needed.