Suggest A Thai Beach Resort Pls?

kunash

Hi, me and my Thai girlfriend would like to travel to a nice beach resort in Thailand for a few days in February, at the end of my trip to thailand.  We have tried Hua Hin ( which is our favourite), cha am, koh samui, and rayong.   I dont want to take her to pattaya.

So any suggestions please?  ( not krabi, not phuket and within 2 or 3 hours of BKK airport (by taxi or plane), and must have things to do there, with good restaurants ).  the main thing has to be a first class hotel.

thanks

Any reasons you don't like Phuket? If you avoid Patong, there are some really nice beaches and some fantastic resorts. If you want first class, it's hard to beat this one. We were lucky to get a comp room for one night there last year. Fantastic, but quite expensive.

http://www.banyantree.com/en/phuket/villas/pool_villa/

There are also many other resorts on this beach. We stayed at the Dusit for a week...got a great deal on latestays.com.

NaiThon is also pretty cool...but dead in the off season...

Have a look at Khao Lak, one hour taxi ride from Phuket Airport. No shortage of 5 star hotels, and also plenty of restaurants. Beautiful forest covered hilly inland area with lots of waterfalls, and lots of beaches, and easy to arrange snorkeling/diving tours to the nearby Similan and Surin islands.

How about this place? :)

Great island to unwind......plenty of cheaper options as well. ;)

One more to have a look at two hours south of hua Hin the perfect place to relax just heavan, http://www.bangsaphanguide.com/palm-gardens.php

I love Bang Saphan...but not much to do there. A few places to enjoy, but otherwise, just very relaxing. Not sure if the OP would enjoy that?

Have a look at Khao Lak, one hour taxi ride from Phuket Airport. No shortage of 5 star hotels, and also plenty of restaurants. Beautiful forest covered hilly inland area with lots of waterfalls, and lots of beaches, and easy to arrange snorkeling/diving tours to the nearby Similan and Surin islands.

Another fantastic place, especially if can do some diving in the similans! Have not been there since the tsunami...but I am sure it's back to it's fantastic self! ;)

Try Bangsaen; great beach and only 40 min taxi from bangkok at 700 baht on the meter.

Its a thai resort and very cheap.

Stayed at la casa resort hotel

malc

thank you for all the replies, will have a look at them in more detail tomorrow