Stylish Boots For Snow And Normal Wear

lukeskywalker

So I'm heading to Europe next week and luckily I have a friend who is hooking me up with coats, hats, gloves, etc, but his boot size is too small. Therefore, I want to buy a medium-priced (i.e. medium quality) pair of boots that I can wear on the trip and also can wear back here in CM when on the (very) rare times i wear anything other than sandals (hence the reason I don't want to spend a lot because after the trip they will not be worn much back here in CM).

My question is does anyone know where to find boots suitable for snow? I really would hate driving all over town looking for these when maybe some great TV person can point the direction and save me a ton of time, gas and frustration (I hate shopping).

Any advice is appreciated.

THX

There are some really nice Dr. Martens in Robinsons at Airport central, hiking type but fashionable for 7000thb. They had a discount of 20% last week so it only made them 5600thb, bargin and they'll last forever.

Edited by thaimiller

There are some really nice Dr. Martens in Robinsons at Airport central, hiking type but fashionable for 7000thb. They had a discount of 20% last week so it only made them 5600thb, bargin and they'll last forever.

Steel toecaps Mr Miller ;), you old skinhead you :D

Edited by alfieconn

OK, next question. (I'm obviously not used to being in snow since I'm from the South in the USA). I was told to wear 2 pairs of socks which would obviously up my shoe size. So: a) should I wear 2 pairs of socks, and if I do, I should try on the new boots w/2 pairs of socks to check for fit?

I do know that cold, wet feet can ruin your day so I want to get this right. FYI, it is -5 and snowing at the moment where I'm going.

Regards.

Edited by lukeskywalker

OK, next question. (I'm obviously not used to being in snow since I'm from the South in the USA). I was told to wear 2 pairs of socks which would obviously up my shoe size. So: a) should I wear 2 pairs of socks, and if I do, I should try on the new boots w/2 pairs of socks to check for fit?

I do know that cold, wet feet can ruin your day so I want to get this right. FYI, it is -5 and snowing at the moment where I'm going.

Regards.

I lived in Europe for 5 cold, snowy winters and never wore 2 pairs of socks. I never saw anyone else wearing 2 pairs of socks either. Maybe if you are going hiking in the mountains but not for city use.

Edited by elektrified

Regards.

Thats not cold, its flip flop weather in the north of England :D