Babybed Matrass In Bangkok And Wetties?

Carry

Hello,

My 10 week old daughter and I are moving back to Thailand in 2 weeks time! And boy what a luggage we have already [before when it was just me it was a matter of a small backpack, well those days are over!]

I decided to bring her camperbed, since I can bring it free of charge and she is already used to it since we use it when she goes out to grandma's...

Its did come with a very thin matrass and I wonder if there's a big babystore or some shop any of u know of where I would get a matrass thats 60 cm by 120 cm [24 inch by 48 inch] and for some reason my husband was very suprised to see the handy wetties to wipe baby's bum with...I guess they do have them obviously, anywhere in particular i should go and look for them?

I think there has been a post on the big baby stores in Bangkok before, cant seem to find it so if someone has the link to follow that would be sweet!!

Thanks!

Congratulations Proud Mummy

Small foam mattresses 5 cm thick can be bought at Carrefour, don't know the exact sizes but should be possible to buy larger and just cut. There are also the normal townhouse shops beside some of the local markets where they have the same. Quality may not be the same as in Europe but so what. I can recommend to prepare and buy another 2 at the same time, sizes 200*60*5 cm and width of bed*60*5 to put beside the bed for when/if (when rather) the child gets 7 -8 months old or so and starts to crawl and he happens to fall off the bed, always good to have at home, there may be a step somewhere too (Carrefour may not have that but the local shops I write about normally do)

There is a whole corridor with pampers and different kinds of wetties and toilet paper at Carrefour and other hypermarts, I'd recommend Don't Bring AnyThing That You Can't Replace In Thailand, you only postpose the pain of having to change (brand) anyway

Any Carrefour will do, bring the kid, good fun together

Good Luck :)

Tesco, Tops, etc. all have baby wipes when I first came here 7 years ago and we had 2 boys it was hard to find anything but now they all carry good quality car seats with quite selection and places like Central Robinsons etc. have quite large selections of baby products, but definitely baby sized mattresses too.

As for the mattress just buy a small mattress and cloth type of shower curtain so it's soft and pliable but resists moisture and place it under the sheet. Also alternatively you can purchase adult bed pads for incontinence again available in all of the stores on the same isle and pin one of those under where baby sleeps, It's absorbent on one side and plastic on the other to prevent flow through, they (babies) don't move around a lot and the pad is big enough to cover the area you need to protect..

Also Scotch guard protectant is available here at True Value and Villa Markets if you want a bit of extra protection underneath..

Edited by WarpSpeed