Child Settlement Visa Rip-Off!

Hi All,

I am currenly sat in the hell hole called Regents House!!

Me my wife and step daughter arrived here today at 11:15am, the seetlement visa for for a child is the same as my wifes was, I decided to use a company down stairs to give the application the once over. Sensible! On my downloaded checksheet from the British Embassy it clearly states that thai documents do not have to be translated for a child, the company then told us we need the thai docs translating to get the visa, I said we do not need this doing, I went to make a call and on my return found my wife paying 3500 baht for translation, she said if she did not pay the application would be turned down, I am so angry and feel like we have been ripped off, my wifes see's the posative side, I <deleted>--ing hate this place

we are still waiting for the translated papers to come back, missed the online appointment and have just been told another 1 hour due to lunch time oh as well taxi man is waiting outside

now I know the true meaning of Som nan narr!!!!! In Thailand

Talk to me

Dubar!

So you were DUMB enough to use an agent IN Regents house, knowing full well that they are a bunch of con artists. You do not tell your wife that you are sorting it out and get angry when you find she has listened to the bullshit and handed over 3,500b... more fool you.

So you were DUMB enough to use an agent IN Regents house, knowing full well that they are a bunch of con artists. You do not tell your wife that you are sorting it out and get angry when you find she has listened to the bullshit and handed over 3,500b... more fool you.

Many thanks

Love you to......

out of curiosity - did the company tell you wrong? i know for a tourist visa you do not need any Thai docs translated. Is that the same for settlement docs for a child? If so, I feel your pain and annoyance

You do need certain docs translating after the visa is issued ie birth cert and por kor 14, Regents house is quite and basically scared my wife into using them rather than going else where after, 2pm still no translated docs!!!

I new I should have gone straight in, got adised just to have the application form check for a 1000 baht, more fool me, get a thai in a shirt and tie and other thais think they must be telling the truth!!

Never mind could be worse could be stuck in the Uk in the cold

Many thanks

Dubar!

As the title of this topic is a bit misleading, it should be stressed that the situation the OP is complaining about is nothing to do with either the UK Visa Application Centre nor the British embassy. It is entirely due to the visa agents operating in Regents House.

People should be aware that staff inside the VAC will check the application and advise whether anything is missing, giving applicant's the opportunity to withdraw the application for amendment before taking any fee.

The How to Apply page of the VAC website does say that any documents not in English should be accompanied by a translation, but many people have reported not doing so for birth certificates etc. without any problems. However, as TVE says, translations of these documents may well be needed once in the UK and having them done in Thailand is cheaper than doing so in the UK.

There are many companies in Thailand who will do this for you, and although I have not used any for some time 3500 baht does seem a bit expensive; 100 to 200 baht per page used to be the case.