Transfering Registration

ChangNoi1

Just for your information about transfering registration from one Chanwat to another.

I do not know about other but when my (thai) wife wanted to sell her car (registerd in Chonburi and in her name) the DLT at Banglamung did not want to do the name transfer. She had to go to the DLT in Chonburi.

So as preparation of selling my Yamaha XT250x (that was registerd in Bangkok and in my name) I asked if I could do a name transfer here at the DLT in Banglamung. "NO can not". They told me I had to go to DLT in Chonburi. So I went to the DLT in Chonburi who told "Yes can do". So I asked if they could transfer the registration from Bangkok to Chonburi so I could do a name-transfer in Banglamung when I would sell the motorbike. "Yes can do".

So first I had to show all papers of the motorbike and myself (the accepted my Yellow house book) and fill in some papers and pay 25 Thai Baht.

The next week I had to come back with the motorbike to check the frame- and enige-number and I would get my new license-plate from Chonburi.

Agian I had to fill in some paperwork and pay 125 Thai baht. Off I went with my new license-plate and new tax-sticker.

The next week I had to come back again to pickup my Green Book, that was now changed to registration in Bangkok.

A bit work but very simple. No problem.

Chang Noi

Are you saying you did this in only 3 weeks and no donations? As always - Amazing Thailand!

No not 3 weeks, actually only a time-span of 2 weeks.

And no I did not make donations, otherwise I probably would have done it in 1 week and saved me a trip to Chonburi (which could have been more economically).

Chang Noi

Thanks for the information on the process as I was not sure how it would be.

I moved from Banglamung ( Chonburi) to Chiangmai and I just started the process to change my address and plate on the bike green book.

Yesterday LTO checked my paperwork ( passport page copies + letter of address from Chiangmai Immigration( 500 B for the "free letter" ) and I paid the 25 bahts to LTO.

Now I have to return next week to check the seriel number on the motorcycle. So I guess I will get a new Chiangmai plate then as you posted and return the Chonburi plate.

Take note that in Chiangmai, the LTO main office in Hangdong deal only with cars, trucks and driver licences. For motorbike I had to go in Nong Hoi district Office that deal with motorcycles.

It is at the traffic light near Rajavej Hospital .

Thanks for the information on the process as I was not sure how it would be.

I moved from Banglamung ( Chonburi) to Chiangmai and I just started the process to change my address and plate on the bike green book.

Yesterday LTO checked my paperwork ( passport page copies + letter of address from Chiangmai Immigration( 500 B for the "free letter" ) and I paid the 25 bahts to LTO.

Now I have to return next week to check the seriel number on the motorcycle. So I guess I will get a new Chiangmai plate then as you posted and return the Chonburi plate.

Take note that in Chiangmai, the LTO main office in Hangdong deal only with cars, trucks and driver licences. For motorbike I had to go in Nong Hoi district Office that deal with motorcycles.

It is at the traffic light near Rajavej Hospital .

Thats how it works. Simple and inexpensive process. Just remember tools to take old plate off ;)

Except for CM immigration charging 500 baht for a free service :rolleyes: