One Night Near Suvarnabhumi

rucus7

We are flying out late next month very early morning. Any positive input regarding hotels near the Airport would be very much appreciated. Likewise our return will be at 1:00 AM so we will use the same hotel for our return. Ideally the hotel would have a reliable shuttle to and from the Airport. If they have car parking as well it would be helpful.

Check out this earlier thread.

http://www.thaivisa...._25__p__3287576

You can't go too wrong with Silver Gold Garden or Convenience Resort (those are the only two of the many listed here that I have used). They both have parking and I am sure you could do a deal with them to look after your car; I am sure this will apply to all the airport-serving hotels.

Edited by SantiSuk

Check out this earlier thread.

http://www.thaivisa...._25__p__3287576

You can't go too wrong with Silver Gold Garden or Convenience Resort (those are the only two of the many listed here that I have used). They both have parking and I am sure you could do a deal with them to look after your car; I am sure this will apply to all the airport-serving hotels.

I can second Convenient Resort. I have stayed there 3 or 4 times over the past couple of years. Nice place with clean rooms. Their rates aren't bad but you can get a better rate by booking through Agoda.com

Convenient Resort website (if you stay here, print out the map on the page to give to the driver if you take a taxi over)

David

Edited by Genericnic

Stayed in many many of the cheaper hotels i.e (under 1000 baht) around Suvarnabhumi Airport.

The best value one IMHO is the Thong Ta Resort, which is currently on Agoda for 689 baht. Nearly all these hotels do free pick-up and return to the Airport.

Regards

Mr Conrad

So you will now have access to many recommendations. To get best value to suit you remember:

1. Do you want a wifi connection (in room or just downstairs). Check the cost, if any

2. Breakfast needed? Probably not if you are flying early. Maybe look for one that does not throw this in (ie throw it away for you). Sod's Law - you do not want breakfast but most budget airport hotels seem to include a free breakfast. Most downtown budget hotels do not include breakfast when you could usefully use a cheap breakfast, given that the celebrated 100 baht Anglo American breakfasts of Pattaya fame tend to be way overpriced in Bangkok (double the price and reduce the quality). Sod's Law again.

3. When does the free return to the airport service go in the mornings? I nearly always find myself paying for a special van-run (150 baht at the Silver Gold Garden) to suit my own timing, because the hotel's hourly service leaves me with a choice of risking missing the flight or sitting around the airport and getting up even earlier than anticipated. Sod's Law again - your flight departure will almost certainly put you in the same position - it's a conspiracy. Look for a half hourly service?

On the other hand this level or research is a bit geekish and I've not yet found the perfect fit myself!

Stayed in many many of the cheaper hotels i.e (under 1000 baht) around Suvarnabhumi Airport.

The best value one IMHO is the Thong Ta Resort, which is currently on Agoda for 689 baht. Nearly all these hotels do free pick-up and return to the Airport.

Regards

Mr Conrad

Thong Ta is nice but the Great Residence Hotel has nicer and bigger rooms and better shuttle service and a pool for about the same money or less with parking. I use to stay at Thong Ta.

Try expedia.com or agoda for:

Great Residence Hotel1892/1 Lat Krabang RoadBangkok, Bangkok 10520ThailandPhone: 66 (2) 326 72 06