Tiger Boxer Rental Shops In Chiang Mai?

nikotin888

Dont know but if you look around i am sure you will find one ( its a very ugly bike though ),but then maybe you are not so attractive yourself . :ph34r:

So you don't like the Tiger Boxer and repeatedly posting this around....and now you start insulting People ???? :bah:

Dont know but if you look around i am sure you will find one ( its a very ugly bike though ),but then maybe you are not so attractive yourself . :ph34r:

Thaifan2, lighten up! Life's too short. Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - finding a motorcycle ugly may just be indigestion. Alternatively, why not reflect upon the new Honda CBR 250 muffler? Frankly, I'm not sure, but could it have been designed by the same hand who did the PCX? I mean, it is modern and fresh, no?

Edited by CMX

Thaifan2, lighten up! Life's too short. Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - finding a motorcycle ugly may just be indigestion. Alternatively, why not reflect upon the new Honda CBR 250 muffler? Frankly, I'm not sure, but could it have been designed by the same hand who did the PCX? I mean, it is modern and fresh, no?

Sorry mate i did not mean for my comment to be taken serious .I should have made a smiley . :D

Hell, the Tiger dealers don't even stock them here.

Yes, thats what i heard too... but actually most Tiger Boxer 250RS's are made to order and with 12 additional special colors and a variety of accesories available which one would the dealer have to stock?

I guess the red one :lol:.

mbox

actually most Tiger Boxer 250RS's are made to order and with 12 additional special colors and a variety of accesories available which one would the dealer have to stock?

mbox

Forget about accessories & colors - any bike that you could actually look at and sit on would be fine (I wouldn't presume to ask for a test ride!). The fact that the dealer told me I'd have to order a Boxer 250 before I could actually see one completely turned me off. But this has been covered before...

actually most Tiger Boxer 250RS's are made to order and with 12 additional special colors and a variety of accesories available which one would the dealer have to stock?

mbox

Forget about accessories & colors - any bike that you could actually look at and sit on would be fine (I wouldn't presume to ask for a test ride!). The fact that the dealer told me I'd have to order a Boxer 250 before I could actually see one completely turned me off. But this has been covered before...

Have a sit on a Police Boxer it is the same frame,same plastics and the same feel altogether. And i am certain if you asked a Police Man to have a sit on his bike he'd be ok. I know it was fine where i live and i was even allowed to testride it.

mbox

Yes, thats what i heard too... but actually most Tiger Boxer 250RS's are made to order and with 12 additional special colors and a variety of accesories available which one would the dealer have to stock?

mbox

Why not a black one?

mbox

Why not a black one?

here the special colors available for the Boxer( and these special colors are only for the Boxers available).

specialxcolorsxtigerxxLargex.jpg

So yes Black is also ok...but i am still looking forward to see a Pink Boxer :rolleyes:

mbox

mbox

Why not a black one?

here the special colors available for the Boxer( and these special colors are only for the Boxers available).

So yes Black is also ok...but i am still looking forward to see a Pink Boxer :rolleyes:

mbox

hmmmm I'd think about the pink one! (though I am still having issues with getting Tiger to replace the odometer/speedometer on my Joker --- I think that me having done it twice is enough! The old Jokers -- still brand new and unsold--- sitting at the dealer in CNX are already showing corrosion in the same place) ----

Note --- this is NOT an issue with the Boxer (they don't use that odometer/speedometer)

Edited by jdinasia

mbox

Why not a black one?

mbox

hmmmm I'd think about the pink one! (though I am still having issues with getting Tiger to replace the odometer/speedometer on my Joker --- I think that me having done it twice is enough! The old Jokers sitting at the dealer in CNX are already showing corrosion in the same place) ----

Note --- this is NOT an issue with the Boxer (they don't use that odometer/speedometer)

Jdinasia...i recall we spoke about this matter- but was unable to help...how old is your joker actually? It is a model that i see quite a few times around where i live too.

Actually i have a retro at home now , done 3000km it is 3,5 month young and no sign of corrosion(which is what i expected anways). I hope it holds up better than our scoopy-i which is 6 month and has signs (although very minor ) of corrosions already ( i don't live near the sea - and the bike has undercover parking) . Our fino is over a year old and no corrosion - the only things corroding on the fino are thos aftermarket parts.

Would actually not a bad idea to have a Bike rental with Tiger Boxer/Bulldog, Tiger CX135 , Sachs Madass 125 & Sachs X-road 250 ( once available) ... maybe somebody here picks up the idea :whistling: ?

mbox

OP

BTW --- if you get to BKK (Samut Prakhan actually) you probably could arrange a test-ride at the plant.

The Boxers are usually made to order (specially the 250RS) and are not assembeled unless ordered ...so make sure to make an appointment and have it confirmed that a Boxer 250 is around. If you just walk in at Samut Prakarn Factory or in BKK showroom you may ending testriding a Policeboxer .

mbox

hmmmm I'd think about the pink one! (though I am still having issues with getting Tiger to replace the odometer/speedometer on my Joker --- I think that me having done it twice is enough! The old Jokers sitting at the dealer in CNX are already showing corrosion in the same place) ----

Jdinasia...i recall we spoke about this matter- but was unable to help...how old is your joker actually? It is a model that i see quite a few times around where i live too.

Actually i have a retro at home now , done 3000km it is 3,5 month young and no sign of corrosion(which is what i expected anways). I hope it holds up better than our scoopy-i which is 6 month and has signs (although very minor ) of corrosions already ( i don't live near the sea - and the bike has undercover parking) . Our fino is over a year old and no corrosion - the only things corroding on the fino are thos aftermarket parts.

Would actually not a bad idea to have a Bike rental with Tiger Boxer/Bulldog, Tiger CX135 , Sachs Madass 125 & Sachs X-road 250 ( once available) ... maybe somebody here picks up the idea :whistling: ?

mbox

The bike is old (7 years) but I have replaced the odometer/speedometer twice (at my expense). The issue is that they used a real metal setup on that one part and they never changed that design flaw. I am not complaining about the other cosmetic issues the Joker has (chrome filmed plastic parts should have issues over time ... a rusted metal ring in the center of the "dashboard" that has been replaced twice (with parts supplied from the plant) shouldn't happen. Every Joker has this issue.

The strange thing is, I would consider buying a Joker again! The way it sits is great for me, even though I sit on the "back-seat" it is a very upright position and makes longer rides more comfortable for me.

Have a sit on a Police Boxer it is the same frame,same plastics and the same feel altogether. And i am certain if you asked a Police Man to have a sit on his bike he'd be ok. I know it was fine where i live and i was even allowed to testride it.

mbox

Yeah, I'm sure many policemen would be willing to let me have a sit or even a ride. There are some Boxer 250 owners in Chiang Mai who would let me do the same. The issue for me is not access to a real bike, it's the dealer's attitude. Why would I buy a bike from a guy who won't let me see one? And now matter how good Khun Pariya's service is (and by all accounts it's excellent), it seems silly to me to rely on sales & service from Samut Prakhan when I live in Chiang Mai.

As for rentals, it would be nice if Tigers were available to rent so we could get a feel for them over the course of a day or two. I mean, Pop & other rental shops in Chiang Mai, in addition to their regular tourist business, effectively serve as test ride centers for Kawasakis. The problem is, most rental agencies are geared towards tourists & I doubt many of them have ever heard of Tiger. Those few of us who live here & are interested in renting a Tiger specifically are likely too few to run a business off of. Not to mention the difficulty of getting those rental bikes serviced given the state of the dealers in town.

mbox

Yeah, I'm sure many policemen would be willing to let me have a sit or even a ride. There are some Boxer 250 owners in Chiang Mai who would let me do the same. The issue for me is not access to a real bike, it's the dealer's attitude. Why would I buy a bike from a guy who won't let me see one? And now matter how good Khun Pariya's service is (and by all accounts it's excellent), it seems silly to me to rely on sales & service from Samut Prakhan when I live in Chiang Mai.

As for rentals, it would be nice if Tigers were available to rent so we could get a feel for them over the course of a day or two. I mean, Pop & other rental shops in Chiang Mai, in addition to their regular tourist business, effectively serve as test ride centers for Kawasakis. The problem is, most rental agencies are geared towards tourists & I doubt many of them have ever heard of Tiger. Those few of us who live here & are interested in renting a Tiger specifically are likely too few to run a business off of. Not to mention the difficulty of getting those rental bikes serviced given the state of the dealers in town.

Yeah, got to agree the dealer should try a bit better than that....but recent reports and to my info shows that Suphanit no longer accepts Orders for Tiger Boxers ( other Tiger Bikes they seem to accept orders), since they often get confused on the special requests offered and possible for the Boxer,- It is at least what has been said....however they remain to service Tiger Bikes ( including the Boxer) in the CM Area. Buying Tiger & Sachs Bikes is actually fairly easy and can be made online ...and the bike will then be serviced from the service center right near you...

Getting a Bike like the Boxer serviced is the easiest part...renting it out to some people would be the more challenging part i guess. No overseas visitor knows the Brand.

But i guess it would be doable if it is done well. And i think it is right , no rental Business would be living off the few people just interest to test a Boxer for a day or a few hours.

mbox