My New Favorite Wax

LOOK'S FANTASTIC. But you have to do it YOURSELF. Every third clean I get my local shop to do a wax for 300bt not as nice I agree but there's about 4/5 of them and it take's over two hour's. Today it's 32c. I love my car but not that much.

Yes, you have to DIY - there's about 400B of product alone in this detail so your regular detailer just won't use this grade of product.

The good thing is it's not hot work - high quality products like this go on slow and easy, and come off fast and easy, so there's no breaking a sweat - the whole car took 70 mins start to finish (including beer breaks) with hand application and removal. In the past I've spent several hours laying and removing a single layer of cheaper wax on a smaller car, and the end result is nowhere near the same - this car now looks like it's been dipped in pure molten glass :) The photos just can't do it justice - such is white.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Looks great! Would this be readily available in Phuket do you think?

It's a concours level product, so not the kind of thing your local car detailer is going to have in stock.

However, some vendors that have stock from time to time on the Thai Washer Car Club site: http://www.thaiwashe....php?board=26.0

Outside of that, the best place to order it is AutoGeek: http://www.autogeek....er-car-wax.html

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Thanks MRO. The 8 oz size costs just $175 :)..

Have a look around the Thai Washer site - there's vendors there selling 2oz tub (8oz split 4 ways) for 1100 Baht, the 3oz mini for 1590 Baht and the full 8oz (without the wooden box) for 3500 Baht.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Thanks MRO. The 8 oz size costs just $175 :)..

Have a look around the Thai Washer site - there's vendors there selling 2oz tub (8oz split 4 ways) for 1100 Baht, the 3oz mini for 1590 Baht and the full 8oz (without the wooden box) for 3500 Baht.

Other than the PRICE, EEEEEEK, any idea how long it last's between application's. If this is the first time you've used it can you please put in a later post with update. Thank's.

Edited by fredob43

Other than the PRICE, EEEEEEK, any idea how long it last's between application's. If this is the first time you've used it can you please put in a later post with update. Thank's.

Will do, however being carnauba based it's pretty much a gimme it'll last somewhere between 6-8 weeks in Thailand weather. Will report back if it somehow manages to do better than this though :)

Will do, however being carnauba based it's pretty much a gimme it'll last somewhere between 6-8 weeks in Thailand weather. Will report back if it somehow manages to do better than this though :)

Just had another look, look's even better: Question have you got different side step's to the standard PJS????

Paint finish looks great... but i'm not loving the plastic chrome indicator surrounds. Is that how she came, or is it, dare I say, a Big C parts bin, aftermarket affair, that the Thais seem so fond of plastering over their machines? Just wondering...

Edited by rixalex

Paint finish looks great... but i'm not loving the plastic chrome indicator surrounds. Is that how she came, or is it, dare a say, a Big C parts bin, aftermarket affair, that the Thais seem so fond of plastering over their machines? Just wondering...

:cheesy::sorry:

I'm half Thai ;)

LOL

I see. 50% Thai.

I guess that explains why the front windscreen squirter nozzles were mercifully spared! A full-bred 100% Thai would have been all over those. Not to mention of course the wiper arms! biggrin.gif

Wipers are not OEM - they've been replaced with Bosch Aerotwins, windscreen squirters are still OEM though, hehe ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Wipers are not OEM - they've been replaced with Bosch Aerotwins, windscreen squirters are still OEM though, hehe ;)

Whatever their origin, the main thing is they've escaped the plastic chrome make-over treatment. biggrin.gif

Yeah, the 50% farang in me hates chrome tackiness, and the 50% Thai in me is a fence-sitter who tolerates it on other cars but prefers a more OEM look when possible (but *LOVES* LED's) - the problem is my wife is 100% Thai and it's her car :D :D

Yeah, the 50% farang in me hates chrome tackiness, and the 50% Thai in me is a fence-sitter who tolerates it on other cars but prefers a more OEM look when possible (but *LOVES* LED's) - the problem is my wife is 100% Thai and it's her car :D :D

Now we've reached the nitty gritty of this sad tacky business and your role in it. I refer you to the below. biggrin.gif

com·plic·it adj.Associated with or participating in a questionable act or a crime; having complicity. An individual is complicit in a crime if he/she is aware of its occurrence and has the ability to report the crime, but fails to do so. ...

Now we've reached the nitty gritty of this sad tacky business and your role in it. I refer you to the below. biggrin.gif

com·plic·it adj.Associated with or participating in a questionable act or a crime; having complicity. An individual is complicit in a crime if he/she is aware of its occurrence and has the ability to report the crime, but fails to do so. ...

Not only that - all TV Motoring members have seen me fail to disagree with people who wanted to buy Protons, Honda's and Chevrolet's - so there's no escaping the charges for me ;P

Guilty your honor :(

heh

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

• 1 month later...

Just a quick follow-up.. 9 weeks in and still beading like crazy, and just as slick as when it was freshly applied after a wash and a quick spray detailer.

Best wax I've used, ever, and longest lasting too.

Just a quick follow-up.. 9 weeks in and still beading like crazy, and just as slick as when it was freshly applied after a wash and a quick spray detailer.

Still love it, we done for finding it. But a question have you or anyone seen this glass finish set up. Was in a place today and asked about same they said guarantee for one year. !!!!!!!!!!!!! but that aside it was 20,000bt for a Fortuner. Even more of an EEEEEEEEK than the price of your wax. Couldn't get the gist of it all as my Thai is not to good on technical stuff. Good thing or not, anyone know.

Still love it, we done for finding it. But a question have you or anyone seen this glass finish set up. Was in a place today and asked about same they said guarantee for one year. !!!!!!!!!!!!! but that aside it was 20,000bt for a Fortuner. Even more of an EEEEEEEEK than the price of your wax. Couldn't get the gist of it all as my Thai is not to good on technical stuff. Good thing or not, anyone know.

Yes, familiar with it - it's a polymer sealant, similar to what I have as the first layer on the paint (underneath the Wolfgang). Good for longevity, but provides a shallow, lifeless type of gloss. Great underneath a good wax though.

Thank's for that seem's a bit pricey at 20,000bt though, they have another set up they say last's for 6 month's TIT!!!!!!!! for 2,000bt will have a go at that in the next week or so. Will report if any good. Once again that's. I dont do work myself other wise would use you wax.

Thank's for that seem's a bit pricey at 20,000bt though, they have another set up they say last's for 6 month's TIT!!!!!!!! for 2,000bt will have a go at that in the next week or so. Will report if any good. Once again that's. I dont do work myself other wise would use you wax.

Just looked at my last post must have been pissed. The car has been in for a new rear bit M/C hit it no problem now sorted. They spoke about the wax issue when I took it in. My Thai must be worse than I thought as they have done the 2,000bt wax job. Look's great as it should for that price. Will put in a later post on how long it last's, and what wax they put on.

Just looked at my last post must have been pissed. The car has been in for a new rear bit M/C hit it no problem now sorted. They spoke about the wax issue when I took it in. My Thai must be worse than I thought as they have done the 2,000bt wax job. Look's great as it should for that price. Will put in a later post on how long it last's, and what wax they put on.

2000bht :shock1: for <deleted> wax,

l get wash, pressure wash the underside and wax, plus vacuum and polish the interior for 280bht. Have a couple of beers in place opposite, total 450bht. :)

2000bht :shock1: for <deleted> wax,

l get wash, pressure wash the underside and wax, plus vacuum and polish the interior for 280bht. Have a couple of beers in place opposite, total 450bht. :)

Your being over charged for the Beer. Yes I know 2,000bt still crying. They asked me if I would like it done when I took the car in, and I said yes maybe at a later time/date, in my best Thai of course. Seem my best Thai is CRAP. It was later though well the next day, so they were right I suppose,TIT. Oh well we all live and learn. But they made a cracking job of the repair and the car look's like new again. But 2,000bt sob, sob, sob. Of course if you T/A or anyone would like to chip in for a fellow chum a cheque would be nice. Please send a P/M for detail's of where to send. I await in hopeful anticipation.