My New Favorite Wax

LED's, God forbid. The Christmas tree look eh. :bah::D

5555 :D

Speaking of LED's - here's my "see the dung before your enter the car in the home town" welcome lights:

21122010574.jpg

:lol:

OMGGGGGGG I WANT THOSE TOO!

MRO, WHERE WHERE WHERE

I want to have them as well, but don't know where to start, perhaps you can help me out pimping my ride one day, as I also need some help with getting spinners ... if possible with LED :$ lol

and if possible all these leds need to be able to turn on/off from inside ... I live in BKK, when are you in BKK ? :D

I can give you beers back in return ? :D You are simply the best PJS tweaker on Thaivisa... lemme know :) I know u dont have PM enabled, so please DO mail me on msn AT hansje DOT nl ,my lukkreung brother :D

MRO, WHERE WHERE WHERE

I want to have them as well, but don't know where to start, perhaps you can help me out pimping my ride one day, as I also need some help with getting spinners ... if possible with LED :$ lol

and if possible all these leds need to be able to turn on/off from inside ... I live in BKK, when are you in BKK ? :D

I can give you beers back in return ? :D You are simply the best PJS tweaker on Thaivisa... lemme know :) I know u dont have PM enabled, so please DO mail me on msn AT hansje DOT nl ,my lukkreung brother :D

I'm in BKK a few months of the year, but not ATM - in any case, I'm not in the business of fitting accessories heh ;)

If you're up for doing a DIY I can give you contact details for the LED supplier, if you're not into DIY, your best bet would be one of the shops that specilize in aftermarket HID/Xenon and interior lighting upgrades. Plenty of them around BKK, e.g. www.svautoshop.com , www.bpautoshop.com

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

MRO, WHERE WHERE WHERE

I'm in BKK a few months of the year, but not ATM - in any case, I'm not in the business of fitting accessories heh ;)

If you're up for doing a DIY I can give you contact details for the LED supplier, if you're not into DIY, your best bet would be one of the shops that specilize in aftermarket HID/Xenon and interior lighting upgrades. Plenty of them around BKK, e.g. www.svautoshop.com , www.bpautoshop.com

I pretty much suck in DIY stuff... so I will visit 1 one these shops later today.

U also happen to know where I can buy spinners for my ride ? i know.. bling bling.. im still 50% asian, so ;)

EDIT: like this

:D Edited by hansje1980

This thread really interests me; I just read the autogeek site - whoa! a tin of wax with it's own Baltic Birch 'display' box (who displays wax???) - now I really have seen everything! I just wash my little Honda City once a week and then use Turtle wax once a month, so I can appreciate from this thread's photos how good the Wolfgang wax is and it stays on over 9 weeks? - excellent. I could never justify decent wax in Bangkok due to the speed with which cars get filthy here; my car is covered with grime the day after I clean it.

my car is covered with grime the day after I clean it.

same here, this wax is THE solution ???? because dusting my car everyday sucks to do...

@MRO: underneath 4 strips (blue) is about 4.5k for everything, inside 1k more, inside 2nd row 1k more. so im gonna do it all for 6.5k at svautoshop

no idea if thats cheap or expensive.. but guess its not a lot of money, so will still do it..

Edited by hansje1980

my car is covered with grime the day after I clean it.

same here, this wax is THE solution ???? because dusting my car everyday sucks to do...

I wash once a week, and the difference with this wax on is massive - firstly it doesn't look dirty anymore, no diesel stains at all, and the garden hose alone removes 99% of the grime. Dirt just doesn't stick...

@MRO: underneath 4 strips (blue) is about 4.5k for everything, inside 1k more, inside 2nd row 1k more. so im gonna do it all for 6.5k at svautoshop

no idea if thats cheap or expensive.. but guess its not a lot of money, so will still do it..

Wow! OK, that's expensive. Here's what I paid:

Under dash (for light in the front footwells), and under the front seats (for light in the rear seat footwells) - 4x 30CM blue SMD LED strips: 600 Baht (150 ea)

Under car "welcome lights" - 2x 1M white SMD LED strips: 800 Baht (400 ea)

Some wire, split loom tubing and electrical tape: 220 Baht.

So total of 1620 Baht and about 2 hours of a Sunday morning..

The supplier I bought from (คุณ ธนพล - Khun Thanopol) can be contacted by email: rung1933 [at] hotmail.com - but he speaks ZERO English, so you'll need a Thai to help out if you can't read/write Thai yourself. Pretty sure he has a mobile installation service as well, but you'd have to see if he services your area.

Footwell LED's:

footwellleds.jpg

Note that for under the car I used 1x 1M LED strip each side. The LED strips have a predefined cutting point every few LED's, so I cut them into two pieces of ~60cm and ~40cm, and joined them in the middle using a loop of wire. 1M is perfect for under the side steps.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

looks awesome MRO, thanks for the reply... so basically when I pay for everything 6.5k , I pay almost 5k too much... unless they charge few thousand per hour to fix it for me.. im not good in DIY stuff, so thats why I think I will still go with it... besides.. I dont speak Thai (not good enough).. and the sv autoshop did speak english...

ill head there next week ... unless you wanna earn a few k on a sunday afternoon from me ;)

EDIT: where is your on/off switch ? or did you connect it to the same wires as from the (reading?) top lights above your head? as in... open door ---> all other new strips turn blue as well..?

Edited by hansje1980