The New Udon Office

The building is now ready and awaiting the office furniture to be put in place ect.

I met up with Inspector Thanapong Mokthong this morning when I went for my latest update.

He is the officer in charge at the airport and will be doing the same at the new location.

He saw me looking around and asked me to come inside and see how it looks.

He was taking photo,s and was very friendly indeed.

He pointed out were the seating would be and other things in general.

You could tell he was very pleased with the final result, as was I from a visitors point of view.

Regarding the concern over parking, he said there would be plenty of space after the building debri is cleared away near the building.

( Although there is plenty of space at the airport, I never saw many vehicles parked up there during my many visits and going on that, I reckon there will be. )

In any case there are lots of areas within the police compound to utilise, should anyone need the additional spots.

Location wise, depending on were you are coming from, it will suit some and not others.

The best way to get there from in the town is on Phosri Road either just before or just after the Kasikorn bank.

There is a very large Toshiba sign in red lettering on the top of the electrical building opposite the side road you have to enter.

It can be easily seen from a fair distance away but don,t forget to take care if you are driving along and looking for it.

There is also a the usual large marble setting with Udon Immigration in gold lettering that you can see from the main Phosri Road.

Personally I will be well pleased as I can get me letter from the K. Bank and walk across to the Immigration office.

Most of the other banks are also within a short distance, should anyone need them.

I have met several officers away from Immigration and all have been very polite and relaxed, which to me, shows the stress they are under on the job does make a difference.

May we all get along in a more friendly / relaxed way when it is moved to the new site.

Incidently for those who have been here some time, it,s on the site of the old building which they knocked down to make way for the new one.

Hopefully it won,t be much longer.

Stay cool and just smile if you feel the need to blow off some Western style steam.

marshbags :jap:

Being an old hand I wanted to post this for my fellow members as I have on the local forum in Udon.

May you all have a safe holiday and a healthy happy 2011

Keep up the good work everyone, especialy JD, Lopburi and all Visa moderators ;)