• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm informed correctly there will be another change this month concerning

the Pajero Sport. Not so 'minor' actually, at least not for those among us,

who belong to the dedicated legion of manualists (honi soit qui mal y pense):

The option of a manual gearbox thus!

Furthermore:

-Five gear automatic transmissions also for the 2WD.

-17 Inch wheels on all models.

-Better aircon channels for the second and third row.

-A kind of protective strip along the sides and some chrome things.

-And those things I forgot (carbonfilter?)

-BTW: One of the things I almost forgot: also in darkblue colour.

In the third week this month (October) the introduction is said to

take place. The whole package will add 30.000 to the price.

Automatic transmission was for people who had difficulties learning

to drive. For example for women, as many would think and say.

They got a special drivers license then.

I had, after a lot of hesitation, a testride with the Pajero and I

thought it was sensational! And I'm talking about the automatic!

After driving an Everest with a manual for six years is was as if

I drove a tractor home after the testride. Hadn't I taken the

testride I might have waited for next year's new Everest.

I postponed to buy and will testride a new one, or better two new ones ...

I hope they didn't put too much chrome on it because I liked the sober design.

Thanks to all the writers of this forum to give such excellent information.

Specially I want to mention the gentlemen who (for reasons only known to them)

call themselves MoonRiverOasis and Katabeachbum.

The information I found here was for a great part instrumental in my choice

for the Pajero.

But also Thaicruze contributed greatly to the general atmosphere of the forum.

I think he brings youthfull 'elan' into the columns and his love for his car

is genuine. Even if it's not directly a selling point: it shows a good spirit!

He is an example to us all :rolleyes:

Limbo :yohan:

PS: these white Ford Escapes look good actually ... :ermm:

Edited by Limbo

I am not a car enthusiast but realize many here on TV are. I was walking with the wife at Mall Bangkapi last week. They had a on display of a brown Pajero and a Triton. The Pajero looks good and solid. It's ideal for me to get one to drive in CM. I got a price list and catalog and I thought I would post some pictures from the scan for other TV members. I would post it in 2 posts.

post-137105-0-35868100-1317486454_thumb.

post-137105-0-26220300-1317486477_thumb.

post-137105-0-55667800-1317486522_thumb.

post-137105-0-33487500-1317486627_thumb.

Edited by muchogra

The Pajero looks good and solid.

Yes indeed Muchogra and there are so many members of this forum promoting

it that I almost get suspicious 555!

Only one person so far noticed that the positioning of the gearlever might

be an indication that Mitsubishi expects the biggest sales of this car in

countries with right-hand traffic.

He wasn't happy with having the fourwheel lever too close to his knee and

in addition to that I think that the tiptronic should preferably be in line

with the position of the shoulder and not 'somewhere to the left'.

Also adding a carbon filter, as MoonRiverOasis already mentioned, follows

that theory. It supports the assumption that it might be a rather good car

as it not only is supposed to be one of these 'Central Plaza tractors' for

what are called the developing countries..

In January it sold better than the Fortuner as MoonRiverOasis informed us.

I have the idea that this was not setting a trend and that it, at least

here in Chiang Rai province still has som exclusivity.

Interesting to see if some first generation Fortuner adepts are going to

embrace the Pajero. Some of my friends do.

Thanks Muchagro for sharing your information!

Edited by Limbo

Does anyone have a English Manual for the Pajero Sport ? The Manual we got with the car is in Thai. I already asked sales and they said "Don't know, but will ask"

thanks

:wai:

It's 300 Baht for the English manual - order it through the spare parts division if sales don't know of it.

Does anyone have a English Manual for the Pajero Sport ? The Manual we got with the car is in Thai. I already asked sales and they said "Don't know, but will ask"

thanks

It's 300 Baht for the English manual - order it through the spare parts division if sales don't know of it.

Was 2 weeks from request last week, not sure about the price as was part of buying deal, will be sent out later, so definetly available unless proven otherwise.

Cheers

thanks

Thanks MRO :wai:

Went back to the Dealer in Pattaya with this info, but they came back that it was 1000 Baht.

I'm off to my House in Buriram tmrw and will go and ask the dealer over there.

Edited by MJCM

Update - Did the 1000km service today and English owners manual was there for me to pick up. Looks a bit like a photo copy and has some Thaienglish and not the same quality as the original book, also talks about using petrol. However all said and done is perfectly usable.

I was a bit surprised to find that by default the inbuilt alarm is deactivated. Followed the instructions and now have an operational alarm system.

Tire pressures, I tried to decipher the driver side decal with some local assistance and ended up with 35psi all round as opposed to 49psi as delivered, the book recommendations are for normal load Front 29psi and Rear 32 psi. Guess the 35psi all round explains the brilliant fuel economy, never mind will trade driveability, road holding and safety for a few Baht per trip any day.

Cheers

thanks

Bought at the end of 2010. Asked salesman for Eng. manual. Ubiquitous Thai "no problem"................ ended up with a photocopy of Eng manual for 500 THB. I cant read Thai so for me it was worth the money.

Edited by Gers1873

Update - Did the 1000km service today and English owners manual was there for me to pick up. Looks a bit like a photo copy and has some Thaienglish and not the same quality as the original book, also talks about using petrol. However all said and done is perfectly usable.

I was a bit surprised to find that by default the inbuilt alarm is deactivated. Followed the instructions and now have an operational alarm system.

Tire pressures, I tried to decipher the driver side decal with some local assistance and ended up with 35psi all round as opposed to 49psi as delivered, the book recommendations are for normal load Front 29psi and Rear 32 psi. Guess the 35psi all round explains the brilliant fuel economy, never mind will trade driveability, road holding and safety for a few Baht per trip any day.

Cheers

We run all 4 tyres on a 2WD at 31psi. Great fuel consumption for a 2.5L very responsive diesel engine. PJS has excellent fuel ecconomy and the turning circle of a medium sized car. Contrast with other similar priced SUV's.

Edited by Gers1873

4 W.D.Do you need it ?.. Personally ive found it a waste of money, and go Off Road to justify it. I have no choise though, they dont do one without.

yes the only time i could think of a use for 4wd is when it's raining and when the road gets wet for more stability.

having a dilemma now whether to get the pjs 4wd gt or 2wd gt. The 4wd gear lever is not at the ideal position as i always rest my legs there. But the 2wd model comes with the 4 gearbox. What do you guys think?

I test drove the 4WD when buying the wife's PJS and it only took a few.minutes for the vibrations through the chair to start driving me nuts..

having a dilemma now whether to get the pjs 4wd gt or 2wd gt. The 4wd gear lever is not at the ideal position as i always rest my legs there. But the 2wd model comes with the 4 gearbox. What do you guys think?

I test drove the 4WD when buying the wife's PJS and it only took a few.minutes for the vibrations through the chair to start driving me nuts..

Yes that would be a big problem for me. So i have to go with 2WD which has the 4 speed gearbox. sad.gif I wanted the 2012 Fortuner but have to wait until January, and I'm in need of a car now.

Yes that would be a big problem for me. So i have to go with 2WD which has the 4 speed gearbox. sad.gif I wanted the 2012 Fortuner but have to wait until January, and I'm in need of a car now.

There's no need for 4WD unless you need to drive on unsealed roads routinely - even then so long as you're not trying to drive through 1/2 meter deep ruts, or up muddy 30%+ grades, the 2WD will get you there. Also, when pushed hard, the PJS tends towards oversteer, so 4WD isn't going to make a lot of difference on sealed roads.

The 2WD GT is fine - my wife's has done 40,000KM on all raods types, all weather conditions, all over Thailand and it's never let us down.

There's no need for 4WD unless you need to drive on unsealed roads routinely - even then so long as you're not trying to drive through 1/2 meter deep ruts, or up muddy 30%+ grades, the 2WD will get you there. Also, when pushed hard, the PJS tends towards oversteer, so 4WD isn't going to make a lot of difference on sealed roads.

The 2WD GT is fine - my wife's has done 40,000KM on all raods types, all weather conditions, all over Thailand and it's never let us down.

My 2010 Vigo I didnt use 4x4 once last 12 months, had it for 18 months. No more jungle rides, rural roads have improved, most klongs getting a bridge, and 2wd works fine in 50cm of water. 2 wd works fine on any mud track, and I find handling better as more easy to overstear, thus higher speed in 2wd.

In 2003/2004 my crv "4x4" couldnt do the roads a 2wd PJS or Vigo can today

Same for sealed wet roads, handles better in 2wd.

Only real need would be the low series 4x4, if very steep and very heavy load and trailer, or pulling someone else out of a ditch

tuna comes with 4 speed only

yeah i prefer tuna because of the looks. but have to wait until 2012. Maybe ill have to go with PJS 2wd GT then. By the way is it true that i will be able to negotiate for freebies and stuff when buying a car in Thailand?

yeah i prefer tuna because of the looks. but have to wait until 2012. Maybe ill have to go with PJS 2wd GT then. By the way is it true that i will be able to negotiate for freebies and stuff when buying a car in Thailand?

PJS 2wd GT, approx 30k baht freebies, pluss 1st class insurance one year and reg/plate

4x4 slightly more

PJS 2wd GT, approx 30k baht freebies, pluss 1st class insurance one year and reg/plate

4x4 slightly more

bro kata, do you have any experience with mitsubishi dealers and which one will be recommended? I live near Taling Chan on the outskirt of Bangkok.

Are the freebies listed by fellow forumers on previous posts? Things like free tinting, free side window wind deflector, and etc?

Was looking at 2nd hand fortuner and pjs initially but what i found out is the price is high even for a 3 years old car with 80,000km mileage, so that's why i decided to go for a new one. The resale value of these 2 vehicles are very good indeed.

Any of you know of anyone that's selling their pjs or fortuner? Looking for a white unit.

Edited by h11g

But the 2wd model comes with the 4 gearbox. What do you guys think?

This guy thinks that if you wait a week or so you might see the new 2wd

version of this car available with a 5 gear box, auto and even manual.

See my earlier postings on the subject for the other new details and price.

I double-checked my info with a couple of dealers and they all expect to have

at least the brochures next week ...

4x4 slightly more

bro kata, do you have any experience with mitsubishi dealers and which one will be recommended? I live near Taling Chan on the outskirt of Bangkok.

Are the freebies listed by fellow forumers on previous posts? Things like free tinting, free side window wind deflector, and etc?

Was looking at 2nd hand fortuner and pjs initially but what i found out is the price is high even for a 3 years old car with 80,000km mileage, so that's why i decided to go for a new one. The resale value of these 2 vehicles are very good indeed.

Any of you know of anyone that's selling their pjs or fortuner? Looking for a white unit.

scroll through the pajero delivery time topic here in Motoring, and you should find phonenumber and name for a sales rep in a BKK dealer. Info above is from phonecall with him

the resale of these 2 is unbeliveable, provides cheap ownership :)

I have owned 3 tuna and 3 vigo 4 door, cheap ownership :)