Looking For 3 Recommendations...

keo

1. Can anyone recommend a good tailor for altering denim jeans? I have a few pairs that are too big, and would like to have them adjusted.

2. Can any recommend a good bamboo supplier? I'm looking for poles of varying thicknesses ​(from one inch up to 4 inches) preferably already dried. Looking for either "pai ruak" (ไผ่รวก), "pai dam" (ไผ่ดำ), or "pai dtrong" (ไผ่ตรง). I have heard that the best bamboo comes from Phrae and Gampaengphet, but I'm not sure how much truth there is in this.

3. With the cold season finally here, I have some old clothes I would like to donate, preferably to those in the mountains. Can anyone recommend somewhere to donate the clothes?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to Thai Visa for being such a great source of knowledge.

Merry Christmas!

1) Frank at Fashion King at the night bazaar.

2) There is an excellent bamboo supplier in Baan Tawaii. Bamboo is tricky as it often is infested. This company really guarantees that their bamboo has been treated and will not suddenly start to turn to dust after you buy it. I can't remember the name but I will get it and come back to you.

3) Mhae Mha Childrens Home on the mountain in Chiang Dao would love your old clothes. I go up the mountain pretty often and will go again soon if you are interested...or you can come along.

There are many previous favorable comments about Neerawit Taylor on the one way street just before it becomes two way across from Siam Commercial Bank.

I have had many tailoring jobs done by them and they have always been above average.

Perhaps someone who pays attention to street names can tell you more where they are located. My best is street name is SRI NAKORN PING

There are many previous favorable comments about Neerawit Taylor on the one way street just before it becomes two way across from Siam Commercial Bank.

I have had many tailoring jobs done by them and they have always been above average.

Perhaps someone who pays attention to street names can tell you more where they are located. My best is street name is SRI NAKORN PING

I took a pair there in the past to get altered, along with another pair to copy the size of.

They did an ok job, but the size was still too big. I was charged 200 Baht.

Looking for somewhere else, but thanks anyway.