Welcome To New Members - 2554/2011

Tywais

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I am stuck here in Vancouver for a while for different reasons, like work. My wife is Chinese Thai, from southern Thailand; she is an extremely jai dee mak loy khrap, (albeit with a potential temper like a siam tiger, luckily in 4 years I have only seen it once) conservative university educated woman, from a decent large middle class family ( read ex bg if you wish, up 2 u ).. been to LOS 8 times, spent only about 15 months there in total, speak a bit of Thai and learning more.. plan to take early retirement in a year or 2 and live in LOS 5 or six months of the year

..have a modest home here, and rent the basement suite..will keep doing that as it comes to about 20,000 TB per month, so that will help out with the modest pension I will get to make my income around enough to satisfy the thai gov't minimum for a retirement visa me thinks. I'm a carpenter by trade and have worked as a special needs teacher for the past 25 years.. will quit soon, as i tire of the politics of Education.

When in LOS for half the year I will work a little on the relative's rubber tree farm ( shhhh). All the best, Dino

signed: we are all special needs..perception is reality

hey my names tony, I'm 19yrs old, im half thai and half australian, i've just moved from australia to live in bangkok, is there any other farang's around my age group living here? im just wanting make some new friends, cheers..

Welcome everyone

Tonystrong - every now and then I've seen people around 18 to 21 post on the forum looking for friends around that age. I think a recent post is in the ladies section. Can't remember if she's in Chiangmai or Bangkok though......

Have a look at the thread there perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there all forum users,

My name is Tim, just become a member as I am about to marry my Thai GF on May the 9th (3 weeks time) near, Umper Arawan, Jungwud, Loei.

Any forum members who speak English living in that area??

I am 43 from just outside London, in the throws of getting her a visa to live with me in England and found this forum so useful in learning more about Thai culture and the do's and don'ts of being with a Thai girl...

Its early days, but getting a Thai girl friend is one of the best moves I ever made...

Hi there all forum users,

My name is Tim, just become a member as I am about to marry my Thai GF on May the 9th (3 weeks time) near, Umper Arawan, Jungwud, Loei.

Any forum members who speak English living in that area??

I am 43 from just outside London, in the throws of getting her a visa to live with me in England and found this forum so useful in learning more about Thai culture and the do's and don'ts of being with a Thai girl...

Its early days, but getting a Thai girl friend is one of the best moves I ever made...

Welcome and good luck with your new partner. You might want to try the Issan forum. It's more local to your area and I'm sure you will find others there who speak English.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again, MiG16 and yeah, im a woman :)

I did checked out the ladies section and really love it. I will be in the loop and as always, would be happy to help anyone - newbies or oldies inThailand.

guessing you might be a woman.....

if of interest, maybe you will come in and say hello to us also in the ladies section of the forum?

here: http://www.thaivisa....es-in-thailand/

cheers

สวัสดีครับ

ผมชื่อTorsten, ชื่อเล่นTJ, อายุ39ปี

I live in Germany, and travel through SEA during my holidays since several years. Thailand has become a hub for all my travellings so I started to learn the thai language in script and speaking 2 years ago. I've joined this forum since the troubles in Thailand nearly one year ago, because it was the best source to get some new information, but I didn't made one post over here in all that time. So I thought, it is time to say "hello" today. I am sure, there are not so many post from my side following this one, because alongside learning thai, I have a lot of activity in other SEA-forms, but for sure I will follow, what you are writing over here, especially in the language section.

Cheers,

Taunusianer :)

Welcome taunusianer

By the way it's an English language only forum so no Thai script please :)

Except in the Thai language sb forum

Cheers

Anna - good to have you with us!

Good afternoon to all.

Caps the name. I am a 35 year old male. I've been living and working in BKK for about seven years now. I've been a frequent visitor to the forum and thought maybe it's time I said hello. Being a family man here, hopefully I can share some of my experiences with other members and gain some more knowledge from you guys.

Always a pleasure,

The Cap.

Welcome caps. Good to see you join us :)

I just wish it weren't so hot!! (no connection between your joining and the weather of course :P )

Hello, I am new here!

My name is Andreas and I am from a scandinavian country. This late summer I will move to Thailand, more specifically to the city Bangkok.

Before I continue the introduction I want to say "Thank you" to all who spend their time posting their experiences and advice in the forum, it is much appreciated source to learn from and prepare for joining the Thai society.

A little more than 3 years ago I met this little charming Thai girl here in Europe and I fell for her like a 20m pine tree.

We've been together since, moving around a bit and living our lives until recently when we decided to take it a step further and also move to Thailand.

So this summer we'll "tie the knot" in a traditional Thai wedding and then find a small place outside Bangkok to live and work.

A bit more personal about me, I am a 35 y.o. IT-engineer mostly working as a consultant in areas of security, front- & back-end development and mobile.

I do not speak Thai (yet) but I am fluent in English, minor knowledge in German and of course native in one Scandinavian language. :>

My soon-to-be wife is a high educated lady native to Bangkok, only a few years younger than me. Working as a researcher.

Well, that should be enough to give an image of who I am. :>

At start I will probably not have much to contribute to the forum beside questions, but as time goes the balance should shift.

Feel free to directly message me with anything.

Sawatdee Khrup Friends,

Myself Amrit, I am from India and like to travel abroad just to learn more about other countries. I am 21 years old and very friendly. I've planned a trip to Thailand (City of Smile) and looking for more info, where to visit, what to avoid and so on. I hope I am on correct forum now, where I can get enough details about my so many queries :P

have a great day :)

Welcome to the forum Amrit

Maybe post specific questions you have about your upcoming trip either in the Bangkok or the travel subforum?

Cheers

Hello.

I had much information from Thai Visa for many years and now I want to give back some information maybe! My wife is Thai from Udon and we live now in Sri Racha.

Welcome! We look forward to your participation here on Thaivisa. My wife if from Khorat and we live south of Pattaya. Some good seafood restaurants in Sri Racha!

Hi All,

Australian currently living in Melbourne here. I have a Thai wife who I met here in Australia while she was doing her MBA. Been married for around 8 years, with one young fella (4yo) now, and thoroughly sick of being in Melbourne/Australia.

Hope to be able to move to Thailand at some stage (My wife is starting to get quite homesick) if there is any chance of getting work.

Will have to wait and see.

Love Thailand, esp BKK, Hua Hin and Phi Phi.

Cheers,

Anthony

Moved to Thailand after threatening to do it during many long travel excursions over here. Luckily my girlfriend shared the dream so we made the move from the UK two months ago. Currently living in Pattaya and enjoying our new relaxed way of life very much.

Pleased to be on the form. I have used it on and off over the years, mainly for visa advice on my travels over here. Started a new account for a new start and I am looking forward to joining in the day-to-day conversation.

Cheers,

Mark

New to this forum but been on others for many years. Been to Thailand a lot since fall of 2005, now married to wonderful Thai woman from Buriram who lives with me here in North Carolina, USA...but she misses Thailand. Working for second retirement in 3 years or less and then

will be looking to make a move permanently or for part of the year to Thailand....but want to be near the beach so I can do some ocean fishing...just not sure where yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm new here but has been lurking in Thai Visa for many, many years. I like reading the classified ads and the forums. I have been living in Thailand for about 40 years and I consider myself a Thai now. I've enjoyed reading the forums because I learn a lot from it. I think the time has come for me to express my opinion.jap.gif Sawatdee kha!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Im writing on behalf of my dad who is thinking of moving over to thailand (not sure of exact place) he basically needs as much information and advice as he can get :) Hes 65 so i think he wud come over on a retirement visa? not 100% sure though. if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Hi! I'm new here but has been lurking in Thai Visa for many, many years. I like reading the classified ads and the forums. I have been living in Thailand for about 40 years and I consider myself a Thai now. I've enjoyed reading the forums because I learn a lot from it. I think the time has come for me to express my opinion.jap.gif Sawatdee kha!

Welcome! For sure jump on in. Your experiences would be invaluable to others here.

Hi everyone,

Im writing on behalf of my dad who is thinking of moving over to thailand (not sure of exact place) he basically needs as much information and advice as he can get :) Hes 65 so i think he wud come over on a retirement visa? not 100% sure though. if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Try the Thai Visa forum. Lots of great advise there. You need to post his nationality also as that may make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Sawadee Kha.

I've been lurking for a little while but have found this an invaluable resource so far and had to join up. We've just moved to Chiang Mai from Australia with our 2 year old daughter. We are only here temporarily (a year or so) but are ready to completely immerse ourselves in the Thai culture and way of living.