Educated Women In Bangkok

derekgraddy

Where do the educated women in Thailand hang out? I heard about the seedy side of Bangkok and unlike alot of male foreigners, i am not interested. I know there are quite alot of educated women as i remember studying with alot of them in the U.S. Also, is it easy to tell the educated ones from the non-educated ones? Also, are there regular dance clubs or bars and not the other kind of bars if you know what i mean. Thanks.

the ladies section is for women who are from or live/have a connection to Thailand rather than for men looking for women so I'll move this topic to the farang pub section where you may get a better response.

the ladies section is for women who are from or live/have a connection to Thailand rather than for men looking for women so I'll move this topic to the farang pub section where you may get a better response.

There's nothing wrong with a sense of humour, and I'll defend you to the hilt (stop it!)

Sometimes, tolerance should know where to stop.... or at least when least said is soonest mended....

I pray for their sakes that the OP never finds out where educated ladies hang out - although I have met some that had learned a lot, and I hope - for their sake - and Western Union - that they get to meet,

Anyway, plenty more water under the bridge before the billy goats get here, I think

SC

There's nothing wrong with a sense of humour, and I'll defend you to the hilt (stop it!)

Sometimes, tolerance should know where to stop.... or at least when least said is soonest mended....

I pray for their sakes that the OP never finds out where educated ladies hang out - although I have met some that had learned a lot, and I hope - for their sake - and Western Union - that they get to meet,

Anyway, plenty more water under the bridge before the billy goats get here, I think

SC

What are you trying to convey sis?

Even if the op locates a civil and educated Thai lady, his total enticement won't probably be able to move her much. :lol:

When a grown farang traveling aboard is unable to distinguish and locate an educated feminine gender....

the farang himself is probably also already lost in his own time and his own world, imho,

and is not yet ready for the much better qualified and educated feminine gender he is trying to find in his lost world, even when that educated female is standing next to him. :D

Very much like so many farangs who just could not see, tell and understand that numerous lady-proprietors of many establishments in Thailand just do not hang a sign around their necks to show that they are the proprietors.

But then, on the other hands, there are also many who dress like Christmas trees. :D

Poor guys.... no wonder, they are so very confused.... :jap:

post-110865-0-91264600-1293919048_thumb.

Edited by mkawish

I worked for a Thai company for 5 years and the HR manager begged me to find farang boyfriends for the 30 odd girls working for me. I considered one or 2 of my friends, but then realised I didn't want to give these poor girls a bad impression of the average foreigner.

Indeed we are. In addition to my Thai female colleagues saying they were looking for a good foreign boyfriend, many of my friends said they were looking for a good Thai girl. Funny how they never get together, for the most part.

Interesting.

My name's Andrew and I'm Educated.

Your best bet might be to join EA, or Educated Anonymous. They hold regular meetings in and around Bangkok, and foreigners are always welcome. The ratio of Educated Women to Educated Men is about three to one, so you ought to be able to meet an Educated Woman in your age group. I personally attended a few meetings a while back, and they helped me a lot. I also recall having several long discussions with a very pretty Educated Woman. She told me that she was a Chulalongkhorn University graduate and had started having Education issues in her mid twenties. She also told me that she had been coming to EA meetings on a more or less weekly basis over the last 18 months.

Other than this, I'm not sure what to suggest. Some foreigners here in Thailand suggest that it's possible to go up to Thai women and ask them directly if they are Educated. I'm not sure about this. I think most Educated Women prefer to remain anonymous and are relucatant to discuss their Education in public.

Anyway -- good luck.

Oh, and SC -- the advice and help you give over there on that other forum has been extremely helpful over the last 2 or 3 months.

Indeed we are. In addition to my Thai female colleagues saying they were looking for a good foreign boyfriend, many of my friends said they were looking for a good Thai girl. Funny how they never get together, for the most part.

Kernell, I have also wondered why to two never meet..

My thoughts:

A. Your well educated female colleagues were actually saying they want a farang of equal or higher status, who could actually support them and err.. "take care"..

B. Your farang friends were actually saying they wanted a girl that acts like a bargirl but doesnt eat money like its free somtum.

Sorry to be stating the obvious but im pretty confident the two will never meet!

;)

Oh, and SC -- the advice and help you give over there on that other forum has been extremely helpful over the last 2 or 3 months.

It's always nice to meet a fellow rugby league sufferer. Always glad to be of service...

I've yet to meet a Thai lady who knows her league from her union though. Still, keep looking...

SC

Kernell, I have also wondered why to two never meet..

My thoughts:

A. Your well educated female colleagues were actually saying they want a farang of equal or higher status, who could actually support them and err.. "take care"..

B. Your farang friends were actually saying they wanted a girl that acts like a bargirl but doesnt eat money like its free somtum.

Sorry to be stating the obvious but im pretty confident the two will never meet!

;)

A. A farang will always have a lower/higher status, depending on what kind of Thai you talk to and "support" is only required when girls don't work.

B. Depends on your definition of "acting like a bargirl".

Some of the bars and clubs in Thong Lo tend to be frequented by women with a good education but don't expect their personalities to dazzle. Places like the Embassy, for example, have many but be prepared to be side-tracked by some upper quartile, English-speaking models who, although not necessarily well-educated, are more than capable of engaging in conversation that doesn't revolve around Fantasia Academy, Superstar Panda or the latest smartphone that a gazillion Thai girls seem to wheel out on cue.

"Oh, the horror; the horror " :crying:

Some of the bars and clubs in Thong Lo tend to be frequented by women with a good education but don't expect their personalities to dazzle. Places like the Embassy, for example, have many but be prepared to be side-tracked by some upper quartile, English-speaking models who, although not necessarily well-educated, are more than capable of engaging in conversation that doesn't revolve around Fantasia Academy, Superstar Panda or the latest smartphone that a gazillion Thai girls seem to wheel out on cue.

"Oh, the horror; the horror " :crying:

The hardest part in Thong Lo is getting beyond the realms of FarmVille.

This:

Where do the educated women in Thailand hang out?...Also, is it easy to tell the educated ones from the non-educated ones?

Was (for various reasons) almost as funny as this:

Your best bet might be to join EA, or Educated Anonymous. They hold regular meetings in and around Bangkok, and foreigners are always welcome. The ratio of Educated Women to Educated Men is about three to one, so you ought to be able to meet an Educated Woman in your age group. I personally attended a few meetings a while back, and they helped me a lot. I also recall having several long discussions with a very pretty Educated Woman. She told me that she was a Chulalongkhorn University graduate and had started having Education issues in her mid twenties. She also told me that she had been coming to EA meetings on a more or less weekly basis over the last 18 months.

Other than this, I'm not sure what to suggest. Some foreigners here in Thailand suggest that it's possible to go up to Thai women and ask them directly if they are Educated. I'm not sure about this. I think most Educated Women prefer to remain anonymous and are relucatant to discuss their Education in public.

Anyway -- good luck.

But I fear the first post may actually have been serious...wait a minute, that makes it even funnier!

This:

Where do the educated women in Thailand hang out?...Also, is it easy to tell the educated ones from the non-educated ones?

Was (for various reasons) almost as funny as this:

Anyway -- good luck.

But I fear the first post may actually have been serious...wait a minute, that makes it even funnier!

Thanks for bumping this thread; we've been going through a slightly dreary patch on TV.

Is it fair to laugh at others' stupidity, or only our own? Sadly, our own is the hardest to see, and we so often take offence when others try to help us do so.

Then again, is it dangerous to one's health to suppress so much laughter?

I always worry, when someone bursts into fits of giggles in the internet cafe, that they are laughing at my facebook page... there's nothing wrong with having a small circle of friend.

SC

Is there a particular education the OP would like the women to have?

Or just a degree from any Uni?

What about the job? Is a certain job (and income) a requierment?

By the way, disregard the one about income, as the vast majority of the "high income" ladies here do not hold higher education.

;)

No seriously,

befriend some male Thais in an upscale night club, and they will soon introduce you to their female friends.

That is, if you are willing to also get male friends.

Interesting.

Anyway -- good luck.

:cheesy:

• 3 weeks later...

I can tell you this; just having a "university degree" often means little unless something was actually learned, something like analytical/critical thinking. grads of famous places and graduate level degrees can have these qualities.

# commonly u make a plan with a uni grad and she simply fails to show up 40-50% of the time.

# does not call or sms or email to tell u she cannot make it

# sit at dinner or lunch for the first time with a new friend Uni grad, upscale job, she receives a personal giggly gossip call from her gf and talks for 20 minutes without any apparent regard or even awareness of you sitting at the table

# according to my upscale enlightened thai friends (male and female), this is Thai girl style. Enlightened thai friends are very upset with dealing with this also as are Japanese friends living in Thailand They do this to upscale thai males, upscale western males as well as asian males from other countries.

# the exception seems to be a small % of society (corroborated by Thai friends)

# so yes, there are tons of uni grads that u can find, go out with, but don't expect to explore intellectual abstract with them, even if u speak thai

# many are also looking for improved financial futures

# exceptions found have been doctors and lawyers, and high level business often with study/living abroad and certain very lovely well mannered hi-so girls

I am NOT complaining or criticizing, this is simply the WAY IT IS.

# a decent place to go at night is a street called RCA. upscale, often educated, not riddled with hookers (some) many nice clubs, pubs, diskos, pizza, atm machines, safe

My best advice; enjoy the food

Edited by atyclb

As a small PS to my above post;

OK, While Japan style reliability and punctuality and organization may not reign supreme it should be noted that a fair % of the expat population seems to share these issues, poor reliability, poor follow up, poor or no response to inquiry, written or verbal, especially when dealing with managers/owners of drinking related establishments.

And is anyone supposed to be surprised about this? That farang bar managers in a fair number of cases may be their own best customers....

...Poor reliability, poor follow up, poor or no response to inquiry, written or verbal, especially when dealing with managers/owners of drinking related establishments.

And is anyone supposed to be surprised about this? That farang bar managers in a fair number of cases may be their own best customers....

...Poor reliability, poor follow up, poor or no response to inquiry, written or verbal, especially when dealing with managers/owners of drinking related establishments.

No surprise, still frustrating.

don't expect to avoid the many difficulties farang men meet when dating thai women by choosing an "educated" woman from a more affluent background..

Worst case scenario; all things equal but without needing/wanting your money. Inviting you on alternating bases, and she pays the tab, sometimes you pay. Feels more like someone from your peer group rather than dating someone on the dole or on welfare.

Perhaps even feeling like that person genuinely likes your company and friendship.

The possibility of having to actually spend time to know each other as opposed to "fee for service"

why do their boyfriends have to be farangs? is that for money purposes?

It certainly could be for money reasons, but there are other real reasons as well...

One of them being that in Thai culture, white skin is valued and considered a sign of being in the upper class....Hence the reason the TV is filled with all manner of supposed skin whitening products...

I've known more than a few Thai women who wanted to have farang BF or husband so their children would have fair skin....like Dad.... It's quite a nice side benefit for the "paddies" among us...