Buspar Not Available?

SailingHome

The link to Thailand MIMS is: http://www.mims.com/index.aspx

You have to register to search but it is free. The link is posted in "Pinned Topics" above..

You may also have to try several pharmacies for supply and a printout of the MIMS page may be helpful; I am not able to confirm for either Watsons or Boots..

LOL. Ok, thanks! I thought you meant there was a post about Buspirone.

• 2 weeks later...

It is available here, but under a different name - Anxiolan. It is made by a Thai company so is much cheaper than buying Buspar elsewhere. I'm surprised your pharamacist wasn't able to tell you the name used in Thailand.

Pharmacists have a book or online guide to look up different drug names to find the name used in Thailand. There are many drugs that are sold by different names in different countries so having a way to cross reference the names is standard practice. The fact the pharmacist you used wasn't able to do this for you indicates that he/she is probably not a good pharmacist to use.

Pharmacists have a book or online guide to look up different drug names to find the name used in Thailand. There are many drugs that are sold by different names in different countries so having a way to cross reference the names is standard practice. The fact the pharmacist you used wasn't able to do this for you indicates that he/she is probably not a good pharmacist to use.

Most likely not a pharmacist at all. In Thailand, the majority of people behind pharmacy counters are not actual pharmacists. And therefore will nto recognize a drug unless it is asked for in a Thai brand name and even then, only if it is common. Can't tell you how many times I've gotten "Mai Mee" when the drug in question was in plain sight behind the counter.

try to uase pharmacies which have an actual pharmacist (white coat, name tag and will be obvious by ability to respond to generic names of drugs). And always ask for drugs by generic name, not brand name, as brand names here often differ. plus they may just assume you want only that brand since you asked for it by that name.

It is available here, but under a different name - Anxiolan. It is made by a Thai company so is much cheaper than buying Buspar elsewhere. I'm surprised your pharamacist wasn't able to tell you the name used in Thailand.

Oy. Tell me about it (IE the mee mai comments). Fortunately my pharmacist is an actual pharmacist with the 6 years of school and owns her own shop. But, her book does not list it. Thanks so much!

I just purchased Anxiolan (buspirone) from Southeast Asia Pharmacy on Sukumvit soi 15 for 40 baht ( 5mg x 10 pills) a package. The guy at the counter sold me 10 pkgs (thats all they had left) and told me that they might not have more if I come back as it was an unpopular drug in Thailand. I am going to have to go on the hunt for a Pharmacy when i need refills or I might go back and see if they will order me in a box if I pay for the entire box (500 x 5mg pills).

Please let me know if you find somewhere that has it in supply, Thanks!

Its sold under the names Anxiolan and Barpil in Thailand.

I just purchased Anxiolan (buspirone) from Southeast Asia Pharmacy on Sukumvit soi 15 for 40 baht ( 5mg x 10 pills) a package. The guy at the counter sold me 10 pkgs (thats all they had left) and told me that they might not have more if I come back as it was an unpopular drug in Thailand. I am going to have to go on the hunt for a Pharmacy when i need refills or I might go back and see if they will order me in a box if I pay for the entire box (500 x 5mg pills).

Please let me know if you find somewhere that has it in supply, Thanks!

Its sold under the names Anxiolan and Barpil in Thailand.

Thanks for the update. I will let you know. Let me know what you find.