Anyone Been To The Coaches Pizza?

goforit

At Coach's you can watch them hand make your pizza, see the huge amount of toppings they pile on each pizza and then enjoy their delicious pizza's in a very nice garden setting. The place is exceptionally clean and all their food is their own recipes. His pizza is real American style pizza. His prices are also below his competitors, so not sure what the other posts on here are comparing it to. I would sure give it a try.

LOL, considering the other posts on here by reputable posters, you must have been sent to the rescue by the management for "damage control"!

At Coach's you can watch them hand make your pizza, see the huge amount of toppings they pile on each pizza and then enjoy their delicious pizza's in a very nice garden setting. The place is exceptionally clean and all their food is their own recipes. His pizza is real American style pizza. His prices are also below his competitors, so not sure what the other posts on here are comparing it to. I would sure give it a try.

LOL, considering the other posts on here by reputable posters, you must have been sent to the rescue by the management for "damage control"!

I just winder what part of America he is talking about . Tell me I will never go there and order a pizza .....

• 2 months later...

If you are willing to make the drive, the best pizza I have had in the CM area is on Doi Saket at a place called "Locanda Doi Saket." Run by an Italian man and his Thai wife, really great pizza as well as other Italian food. All pizzas are less than 200B I believe. Also makes a great tiramisu! To get there, drive into Doi Saket from the 118 and turn right at the street light, its just a few hundred meters down on the right.

If you are willing to make the drive, the best pizza I have had in the CM area is on Doi Saket at a place called "Locanda Doi Saket." Run by an Italian man and his Thai wife, really great pizza as well as other Italian food. All pizzas are less than 200B I believe. Also makes a great tiramisu! To get there, drive into Doi Saket from the 118 and turn right at the street light, its just a few hundred meters down on the right.

I had a pizza from him about two years back. Typical Italian. Stunk.:bah: Warm wet ketchup on warm dough.:lol:

The vagaries involved here almost defy belief. What is a good pizza dough and of what is it comprised - to be best? Cheeses, particularly here in Thailand, have to be a bone of contention due to their costs as they relate to quality - big difference. Meats or vegetables are such a matter of taste as to make a difference for some, and their weight too must figure into the cost. In short, in spite of style, quality of ingredients and their amounts should be a large factor in finding a consensus, no matter one's taste.

I have done no study of the field, but my one experience of Duke's convinced me that if one dis-assembled the pizza into its component parts, weighed them, evaluated them as to quality (and therefore cost), that sum would qualify as a cost/quality leader. Not superficially cheap, however.

Any cheap charlie pizza-man can create an oily (filling) crust, top it with a thin layer of cheep sheeze, mangle up a "special" tomato ketchup, and add slim bits of fatty meat and create a filling and satisfying pizza - particularly good with beers and football. For some, the price will carry the day.

• 2 months later...

The best Pizza I ever had in CM was a place called PomPui, on the little soi off Moon Muang that led to the old Top North Guest House.

I think they moved a while back and wouldn't know if they're still around, but the owner was from Napoli, had taught his chef well and it was as close to the real deal as you can get.

Every other pizza I've had in Thailand has been best guess in comparision.

I am not sure where one would stand to watch the pizza making other then in the kitchen! No windows in the back.

Your comment on prices below his competitors, 300 THB for a 10 inch pizza! over 400 THB for a 13 inch. 400 THB would by you a large pizza at Dukes loaded with 3 toppings; and with a one-for-two card at Pizza company, get two large pizzas, again just as loaded as any pizza I have seen at Coaches.

I have been few times to Coach and must say his sandwiches and deserts are very reasonably priced and superb taste. I still have not ordered a pizza from them, as I think they are grossly over priced. Even if he loaded them with black truffles, I wouldn't pay 300 THB for a 10 inch pizza.

I agree, the place is clean and the service is good, but the design of the place is really bad.

:jap:

Edited by Eyjafjallajokull

• 11 months later...

Coach's isn't bad. It's not the best pizza the first day (not bad though), but it is pretty tasty leftover. Certainly would rather have it than Pizza Company or Pizza Hut. The owner is also friendly.

There is another pizza place not too far away that hasn't been mentioned here: Pizza and Pasta. They have New York Style crusts and are pretty darn tasty. That's probably my favorite pizza in Chiang Mai. Though that whole area around Hang Dong has several decent options now. This is imo the best of the bunch. If you go towards Big C on Hang Dong road coming from coaches then take a left at the light before Big C, it will be up on your left hand side.

Of the two I think Coach's is better leftover, but the Pizza and Pasta is much better on the first day.

I've also been searching for an outstanding pizza in CM with no success, so far. I'll keep looking.

my 'standard' is, perhaps, the best pizza I've had anywhere (and I grew up in NY) was in BKK Suk Soi 31 called Bella Napoli. if I'm within a day of BKK and feel hungry, that's where I go.

I found comparable pizza in Pattaya but not here, so far.

please keep posting, people. maybe we can find a good place or create a demand for a really good pizza.

somebody must be up to the challenge!

I tried Coach's for the first time a few weeks ago (twice) and I thought it was a good pie--surprised to read the negative reviews. But maybe they've worked on their menu over the last year. Also the iced tea is awesome--regular brewed tea, not the crazy sweet lipton lemon tea ubiquitous in Thailand. Haven't tried the ribs but plan on checking out some of the sandwiches next time.

I drive by their place from work but haven't stopped in yet. Wanted to find a menu with prices and found this information.

Facebook

Menu

Coach's is very much in my neighbourhood but given the competition now in the area comes up as relatively expensive and not that exciting food-wise.

IMHO better options in Mae Hia are Yummy Pizza, Pizza n Pasta and Francesca's.

As previously noted the buildings at Coach's are somewhat bizarre and it feels like a takeaway rather than a restaurant.