Sparx Helmets

nikster

My Gmax GM68S Max Helmet arrived last week from ridersdiscount with NO customs duty required, will definitely buy from them agin. Fits and looks great and loads of vents, the most airflow in any helmet according to one review I read which is ideal for over here. I tried it out yesterday when I picked up my new CBR250 and, altough it was around 35c, my head stayed nice and cool with no sweat. I only got up to around 125kph and there was some wind noise but not too much. It came with a clear and tinted visor so I used the tinted one with no sunglasses but I just read that most visors don't have UV protection so, as well as possible sunburn, there can also be some eye damage if sunglasses aren't worn. What do other folk do when riding here in Thailand, clear visor with sunglasses or tinted?

The GM68S has had nice reviews, thinking of getting one myself.

As for visors, I use amber-tinted ones.

Looking for a skull cap helmet in Chiang Rai??? I have a full type helmet I use on fast roads, but when I go on a see see trip, the full face mask doesn't allow good look around of the sites. I would accept any look like skull cap type as even at low speed, prefer to conserve what brains I still have left.

Looking for a skull cap helmet in Chiang Rai??? I have a full type helmet I use on fast roads, but when I go on a see see trip, the full face mask doesn't allow good look around of the sites. I would accept any look like skull cap type as even at low speed, prefer to conserve what brains I still have left.

Something like this?

post-118861-0-84770100-1299674490_thumb.

DOT approved

Double Visor

Last time I was in Chiang Rai, I saw some at the motorcycle shops near the Bus Station.

Something like this?

post-118861-0-84770100-1299674490_thumb.

DOT approved

Double Visor

Last time I was in Chiang Rai, I saw some at the motorcycle shops near the Bus Station.

You most likely saw them N.A. side. They are the least protection allowed in Canada.

post-122310-0-40060500-1299713620_thumb.

Got one at the motorcycle parts store just past the round about/Big Clock on the left. 340 baht, will do the trick for slow speed look around driving.

I would not recommend an upset at speed with this on. About the same protection as a cycle helmet.

My Gmax GM68S Max Helmet arrived last week from ridersdiscount with NO customs duty required, will definitely buy from them agin. Fits and looks great and loads of vents, the most airflow in any helmet according to one review I read which is ideal for over here. I tried it out yesterday when I picked up my new CBR250 and, altough it was around 35c, my head stayed nice and cool with no sweat. I only got up to around 125kph and there was some wind noise but not too much. It came with a clear and tinted visor so I used the tinted one with no sunglasses but I just read that most visors don't have UV protection so, as well as possible sunburn, there can also be some eye damage if sunglasses aren't worn. What do other folk do when riding here in Thailand, clear visor with sunglasses or tinted?

Good info on riderdiscount, I think I'll use them next time.

I do sunglasses under the visor. Better at night. Better lenses. And I was under the impression that tinted visors are illegal in Thailand. Not sure though, and in any case, laws and their enforcement are two completely different things in the LOS.

FastCorner sells some Progrip sunglasses that seem to be made to be worn under the helmet: Very soft, and very close to the face. Obviously smaller sunglasses that are closer to the head fit better in the glasses rails built into the better helmets. For a cheap option those fake Ray Ban Aviators fit really well, between 100 - 200 baht....

Good info on riderdiscount, I think I'll use them next time.

I do sunglasses under the visor. Better at night. Better lenses. And I was under the impression that tinted visors are illegal in Thailand. Not sure though, and in any case, laws and their enforcement are two completely different things in the LOS.

FastCorner sells some Progrip sunglasses that seem to be made to be worn under the helmet: Very soft, and very close to the face. Obviously smaller sunglasses that are closer to the head fit better in the glasses rails built into the better helmets. For a cheap option those fake Ray Ban Aviators fit really well, between 100 - 200 baht....

I tried sunglasses under a clear visor and didn't like it so swapped back to the tinted one. But after a 2hr ride in 35c yesterday I had a very hot, red face again so had a browse on the internet and found a company that makes photochromatic shields which also offer 99% UV protection and, luckily for me, they make one for my GMAX helmet , just ordered it now :D

http://www.wikihelmets.com/shields/WikiShift/