Mazda2 Vs. Ford Fiesta. Which One To Buy?

Ethan79

went to the show room...she wouldn't give me the 1st class insurance. just the mat / the rain proctector and gps...

1st class insurance is like 26k.. :(

Where did you go for the dealer? We went in Pattaya recently looking at the 1.6 Sport and they did not offer insurance which I was surprised at but the extra list was pretty normal. I am going to check in BKK over the next couple of weeks as I think insurance should be offered somewhere.

Bangkok...Sukhumvit 62 branch. Let me know if you find one that offers insurance. Or if you are keen, we can try to buy together and drive a harder bargain. Honestly right now for me the lack of 1st yr insurance is a deal breaker for me. If I don't find a dealer which gives the insurance, i guess i'll move to buying a Mazda 2.

That's standard.. Unless there's a well promoted factory-backed campaign in progress, a saleperson's goal is to sell you the car for sticker price, with minimal freebies and if financing, maximum interest rate ;) You'd do the same if you figured you could get away with it, and wanted the extra commission :D

Will see if I can dig-up some contacts for reps/dealers willing to do deals..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford currently have 3 different factory sponsored campaigns for Fiesta (ending on 28th Feb), call HO for details:

02 686-5899

And here's some numbers of BKK reps to try:

081 5520437

089 1125882

089 4471974

Best of you can organize a Thai speaker to call, and be specific, e.g. "I'm interested in Fiesta Style/Trend/Sport 4-door/5-door and want to know what gievaways you can offer". Don't allow them any chance to go into "sales" mode (i.e. by not knowing what model you want, what color you want etc) - and always ask if they have stock of the model/color you want - this tells them you're serious, and puts them striaght into negotiation mode (the back-foot situation for a salesperson) :D

Ford currently have 3 different factory sponsored campaigns for Fiesta (ending on 28th Feb), call HO for details:

02 686-5899

081 5520437

089 1125882

089 4471974

Best of you can organize a Thai speaker to call, and be specific, e.g. "I'm interested in Fiesta Style/Trend/Sport 4-door/5-door and want to know what gievaways you can offer". Don't allow them any chance to go into "sales" mode (i.e. by not knowing what model you want, what color you want etc) - and always ask if they have stock of the model/color you want - this tells them you're serious, and puts them striaght into negotiation mode (the back-foot situation for a salesperson) :D

MRO - thanks. You are a Legend! Do I need to tell the rep who introduced me? Or just call direct? I'm looking to buy the 1.6 5DR Sports if the throw in the gps/insurance and seats/projector lights...of course other freebies are welcome :D

02 686-5899

081 5520437

089 1125882

089 4471974

MRO - thanks. You are a Legend! Do I need to tell the rep who introduced me? Or just call direct? I'm looking to buy the 1.6 5DR Sports if the throw in the gps/insurance and seats/projector lights...of course other freebies are welcome :D

No names to drop, but the deal you're looking for will require a sales manager so don't bother calling on a Sunday.

Also, make sure you understand the Ford factory promotions before calling - if you don't know these when talking to the rep you'll compromise your negotiating position.. (if they feel they're educating you, your bargaining power drops because they will expect a level of greng jai).

I'd doubt you'll get leather in the deal, and as noted it's probably best to organize yourself. Everything else seems about right though, but make sure you get window tint (3M is best) and things like weathershields (if you like them) and genuine floor mats, as aftermarket versions of these are lower quality, and genuine accessory prices are expensive after-sale.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

MRO - got it. thanks! I'll got the HO tomorrow morning to ask and perhaps in the evening get a thai speaking colleague to help me bargain. :)

so i guess its (in order of importance):

1. 1st yr insurance
  2. window tint - 3M
  3. floor mat
  4. anti rust
  5. weather shield
  6. mud guard

unlikely to get but no harm asking:

1. projector light
  2. leather seats

anything else i've missed

MRO - got it. thanks! I'll got the HO tomorrow morning to ask and perhaps in the evening get a thai speaking colleague to help me bargain. :)

1. 1st yr insurance
  2. window tint - 3M
  3. floor mat
  4. anti rust
  5. weather shield
  6. mud guard

1. projector light
  2. leather seats

Sounds like a plan :)

Only point of note is, if you were thinking about adding a bodykit (4 pc skirts) in the future, the mud guards will become throw-aways e.g.

fiestaa1.jpg

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

quick one. I've seen the offer on their website and it states that u need to take loan?

I'm not taking a loan as company is providing me cash in full and i pay the company back in installment without interest.

does paying cash gives better offer?

quick one. I've seen the offer on their website and it states that u need to take loan?

I'm not taking a loan as company is providing me cash in full and i pay the company back in installment without interest.

does paying cash gives better offer?

You'll probably find that they are less interested when paying cash as there is less opportunity to make commission out of the finance. Seems there is more bargaining power when you are taking out finance but just go and see what you can get.

1. 1st yr insurance
  2. window tint - 3M
  3. floor mat
  4. anti rust
  5. weather shield
  6. mud guard

1. projector light
  2. leather seats

Only point of note is, if you were thinking about adding a bodykit (4 pc skirts) in the future, the mud guards will become throw-aways e.g.

fiestaa1.jpg

Tyres a bit on the small side, 205 /45 17's look better. :lol: :lol: post-87530-0-32950300-1295188650_thumb.j

Edited by Kwasaki

1. 1st yr insurance
  2. window tint - 3M
  3. floor mat
  4. anti rust
  5. weather shield
  6. mud guard

1. projector light
  2. leather seats

Um, you mentioned something about GPS previously..

1. 1st yr insurance
  2. window tint - 3M
  3. floor mat
  4. anti rust
  5. weather shield
  6. mud guard

1. projector light
  2. leather seats

ah yes. thanks..so GPS after window tint....anyway finally got through. Head office says no promotion. It's for interest rate only. Ask me to call dealer to check.

1. 1st yr insurance
  2. window tint - 3M
  3. floor mat
  4. anti rust
  5. weather shield
  6. mud guard

1. projector light
  2. leather seats

ah yes. thanks..so GPS after window tint....anyway finally got through. Head office says no promotion. It's for interest rate only. Ask me to call dealer to check.

It might be an idea to ask what the pormotion(s) are (especially whether they include insurance and tabien rot), because even though you won't be using them it's still what the dealer can get for free from Ford..

As for GPS, as the Fiesta does not have an LCD TV, the only option is a window mount. If you buy this yourself, you can get an unlocked one with free lifetime updates, and choose the features you want (e.g. Junction view, voice activation etc). An unlocked Garmin widescreen with junction view costs ~5-6k baht, so make sure you ask what the dealer's price is for theirs before paying too much, or wasting discount.

1. 1st yr insurance
  2. window tint - 3M
  3. floor mat
  4. anti rust
  5. weather shield
  6. mud guard

1. projector light
  2. leather seats

fiestaa1.jpg

Tyres a bit on the small side, 205 /45 17's look better. :lol: :lol: post-87530-0-32950300-1295188650_thumb.j

" Phutoie2 " whopps yeah your sooooo right, who can I blame, I know !!! it's that Chang again. :lol: :lol: :lol: side view.

post-87530-0-25345500-1295430865_thumb.j

Camera broken down when taking picture of width of tyre with steering full lock, I take the camera to Toyota for fixing. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kwasaki

1. 1st yr insurance
  2. window tint - 3M
  3. floor mat
  4. anti rust
  5. weather shield
  6. mud guard

1. projector light
  2. leather seats

fiestaa1.jpg

" Phutoie2 " whopps yeah your sooooo right, who can I blame, I know !!! it's that Chang again. :lol: :lol: :lol: side view.

post-87530-0-25345500-1295430865_thumb.j

Camera broken down when taking picture of width of tyre with steering full lock, I take the camera to Toyota for fixing. :rolleyes:

Jelly mould. :bah:

• 3 weeks later...

Sales volume between the two is now almost the same, even though Fiesta sales are still only just starting up. It would appear that Fiesta will ultimately be the better seller.

Ford have the most efficient parts distribution network (PANDA) in the region and is the only manufacturer that can guarantee parts delivery within 24 hours to any TH dealer. Prices are competitive - even the major service (120,000KM) which changes timing belt, AC belts etc costs ~6000 Baht inc. parts and labor, average services cost 2000-3000 Baht, and are spaced every 15,000 KM rather than 10,000KM for other makes.

Dealer network is similar size to Mazda, but much smaller than Toyota/Honda.

Ford have a much bigger investment in TH than Mazda, and bigger long-term plans/commitment.

All Tier 2 brands (Mitsu, Nissan, Ford and Mazda) have experienced massive growth in 2010, and are eating into Toyota/Honda market share. Brand popularity and resale values will be very different in a few years from now.

Mazda have the new 3 coming in March, which will again boost the brand.

Ford have the new (class-leading) Ranger coming in Q3/2011 which will be a big boost for their brand.

IMHO, Fiesta is the better car - quieter, more powerful , smoother, safer, better equipped and more efficient than Mazda2 and Yaris. Jazz is closest competition due to versatile interior space.

All 4 in this segment represent great value in TH, and none are problematic, so all are good buys.. Ford Fiesta just delivers more refinement and features for the money.

Sorry this off topic a bit but no other way to go about it. MRO could you please contact me by PM or email I need to talk to you about something important and automotive related..