Killer Thai 'Policeman Of The Year' Is In 'Supermax'

webfact

Killer Thai 'Policeman of the Year is in 'Supermax'

Thailand’s Department of Corrections have assured the families of a young couple murdered by Police Sergeant Somchai Wisetsingh in Kanchanaburi that the Sergeant is still behind locked doors in Khaobin ‘Supermax’ prison in Ratchaburi province.

The move follows persistent rumours on internet forums in Thailand that Sergeant Wisetsingh has been spotted at different locations in Thailand.

The move, follows queries by Graham Arscott, the father of Vanessa Arscott, 24, who was run over by Sergeant Wisetsingh on the River Kwae Road in Kanchanaburi and September 9 2004 and then shot three times execution style. Earlier Wisetsingh had shot dead her boyfriend Adam Lloyd, 25.

Sergeant Wisetsingh was given bail up until his trial and as a result the few direct witnesses to their shooting [more...]

Full story: http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2011/01/11/killer-thai-policeman-of-the-year-is-in-supermax/

-- ANDREW-DRUMMOND.COM 2011-01-11

footer_n.gif

Perhaps terrible tragedies like this could be avoided if tourists were made aware of what local Thais have always known and acted on -- that is best to keep as far away as humanly possible from the collection of greedy, corrupt and murderous thugs who constitute the Thai police.

I saw him in Patpong last week... No, wait, that was Elvis...:ph34r:

He was in South Pattaya together with Osama and Mickey Mouse. John Wayne was -as usual - sitting on his horse and chatting with Marylin Monroe.

Then Jim Morrison and Hendrix played some good music and they went to a Go Go bar. That's all I know....:jap:

Perhaps terrible tragedies like this could be avoided if tourists were made aware of what local Thais have always known and acted on -- that is best to keep as far away as humanly possible from the collection of greedy, corrupt and murderous thugs who constitute the Thai police.

He was Policeman of the year 2 years running, must have been good at his job. ;)

The non-story is that he is banged up, they've lost the key until a further 26 years have passed by which time if he survives the prison diet and lack of medical facilities, he'll be harmless. Wasted. A burnt out shell. But not unforgotten. And maybe what goes around will come around to him; slowly and painfully. Most likely in prison but who knows maybe when he comes out.

The real story is why Thailand has such Policemen; why it protects them; why it rewards them. Policeman of the year; clearly mentally unhinged, and imagine him pulling you over in traffic. Kanchanaburi, a place I visit; had I but known! No go area.

This story runs around the world. Whereas other countries have instances of bad coppers, they do punish them. Here, it takes the killing of foreigners and the relentless pursuit of a powerful Nation's Embassy, like the UK, along with determined educated parents to get this psycho bastard locked up.

Finally, and pleasingly, psychiatrists believe that anyone's mental state is affected adversely to the point of imbalance [mentally ill] after a prison sentence exceeeding 5 years. Now this boy is loco upon entry so consider his state when he comes out. That is if he survives prison. Take some satisfaction in that he is a locked up copper, aging and over 26 years losing friends, money and influence. And if you didn't know what happens to the mentally ill without treatment, drugs, monitoring, support, then google it. There is no happy ending; rambling, incoherent wreck.

He is going to get a bit from the 'A' class lads. It's just a matter of when.

Any one not feeling better?

For Mr. Drummond,

First, thank you for the update on one of the most heinous crimes of the recent past that generated thousands of posts:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

Is there a definitive means to determine if, in fact, he is locked up at the prison? eg. Is it possible to visit him?

What is the background of the photo of him in your article? Was this taken from prior to his trial and subsequent confinement?

Edited by Buchholz

The non-story is that he is banged up, they've lost the key until a further 26 years have passed by which time if he survives the prison diet and lack of medical facilities, he'll be harmless. Wasted. A burnt out shell. But not unforgotten. And maybe what goes around will come around to him; slowly and painfully. Most likely in prison but who knows maybe when he comes out.

The real story is why Thailand has such Policemen; why it protects them; why it rewards them. Policeman of the year; clearly mentally unhinged, and imagine him pulling you over in traffic. Kanchanaburi, a place I visit; had I but known! No go area.

This story runs around the world. Whereas other countries have instances of bad coppers, they do punish them. Here, it takes the killing of foreigners and the relentless pursuit of a powerful Nation's Embassy, like the UK, along with determined educated parents to get this psycho bastard locked up.

Finally, and pleasingly, psychiatrists believe that anyone's mental state is affected adversely to the point of imbalance [mentally ill] after a prison sentence exceeeding 5 years. Now this boy is loco upon entry so consider his state when he comes out. That is if he survives prison. Take some satisfaction in that he is a locked up copper, aging and over 26 years losing friends, money and influence. And if you didn't know what happens to the mentally ill without treatment, drugs, monitoring, support, then google it. There is no happy ending; rambling, incoherent wreck.

He is going to get a bit from the 'A' class lads. It's just a matter of when.

Any one not feeling better?

Ahhh. Much better, thanks.

Who was runner up for Policeman of the Year? Perhaps the cop who hacked off the arm of the Thai girl who offended him (because she re-buffed his sexual advances) at a noodle shop?

I thought it was at a karaoke bar.

But yes, the number of Bibs here who should be banged up but are still walking around can be quite depressing.

For Mr. Drummond,

First, thank you for the update on one of the most heinous crimes of the recent past that generated thousands of posts:

http://www.thaivisa....ch&fromsearch=1

Is there a definitive means to determine if, in fact, he is locked up at the prison? eg. Is it possible to visit him?

What is the background of the photo of him in your article? Was this taken from prior to his trial and subsequent confinement?

The only definitive means, if we do not believe the Dept of Corrections is to visit. It is up to the prisoner to decide whether he accepts a visit. If he accepts, I guess he is there. If not, not real confirmation. I sort of keep tabs on this case and I put this story up as a result of a note from the family of Vanessa. The chances are not great, but maybe someone o Thaivisa knows a Thai relative, acquaintaince at Khaobin and can confirm.

The pictures was one of scores taken at one of his trial hearings. We also have him running jumping and one of his mates pepper spraying a wire service reporter.

Yes. It sure looks like they need to take a long, hard look at changing the Psychological Suitablilty Exam for aspiring Thai police recruits.:burp:

How are they going to do that correctly if you can simply buy your psychology degree.

For Mr. Drummond,

http://www.thaivisa....ch&fromsearch=1

The only definitive means, if we do not believe the Dept of Corrections is to visit. It is up to the prisoner to decide whether he accepts a visit. If he accepts, I guess he is there. If not, not real confirmation. I sort of keep tabs on this case and I put this story up as a result of a note from the family of Vanessa. The chances are not great, but maybe someone o Thaivisa knows a Thai relative, acquaintaince at Khaobin and can confirm.

The pictures was one of scores taken at one of his trial hearings. We also have him running jumping and one of his mates pepper spraying a wire service reporter.

Thank you for clearing up about the photo as well as his actual detention. Pepper spraying the media?... classy stuff. :ermm:

It sure would be reassuring to the family and those concerned if the Department of Corrections were to somehow back up their assertion with clear cut proof that he is, in fact, definitely still under detention. It wouldn't/shouldn't be difficult at all.

Not that anyone should have any difficulty believing their word, mind you, which I'm sure is as good as gold. :whistling:

Edited by Buchholz

I'm starting to wonder,if i get pulled over and hasseled,do i fear for my life,take action that will put me in jail, what is left for us but to pray we have a decent cop, that only takes our money, not our lives!!

Yes. It sure looks like they need to take a long, hard look at changing the Psychological Suitablilty Exam for aspiring Thai police recruits.:burp:

How are they going to do that correctly if you can simply buy your psychology degree.

Ummm! I am afraid you got me on that one. :lol:

Employing the services of a good private investigator - a Thai - tasked simply with tracking down his next of kin - whether it be his wife - girlfriend - parents or children and discretely ascertaining his current whereabouts would suffice and would put to rest any nagging doubts about justice having been truly served.

Records may indeed lead Thailand’s Department of Corrections to sincerely believe that there is a Somchai Wisetsingh incarcerated - but is it the actual Somchai Wisetsingh who committed these terrible murders?

It isn't unheard of both here and abroad - where there is influence - for names to be switched on prison registers and for proxies - other prisoners - to be serving their time under other mens names.

Edited by bulmercke

• 2 years later...

He's still in Khao Bin prison but he's had his sentence reduced dramatically and is set for release on 4th May 2022 with further reductions in sentence expected to follow.

Source: Andrew Drummond website.

Interestingly the Thais still claim he was an outstanding Policeman even though he murdered two innocent tourists, and they are claiming he co-operated with the investigation even though we know he fled to Burma and never admitted the cowardly acts.

bah.gif

I saw him in Patpong last week... No, wait, that was Elvis...ph34r.gif

A lot of needless misinformed speculation going on here.

He is here working in the airport plaza with Elvis on the fries.

There now you have the truth.

Moderators no need to keep this thread open I have solved the mystery. He is out and if you ask him he will salt your fries just as you like them.

He's still in Khao Bin prison but he's had his sentence reduced dramatically and is set for release on 4th May 2022 with further reductions in sentence expected to follow.

Source: Andrew Drummond website.

Interestingly the Thais still claim he was an outstanding Policeman even though he murdered two innocent tourists, and they are claiming he co-operated with the investigation even though we know he fled to Burma and never admitted the cowardly acts.

bah.gif

Well to be honest with you I was on site so to speak a few years ago on reports he was making and tend to not pay him much attention now.

How ever he could be rite and that would be a disgrace to the justice system as a whole.

I am happy to see this story re-appear. I have thought that for years, that he just walked out the back. Shave the head,

spend a month or two at a wat somewhere, and then come back with a different name. But even I do not have the balls

to try and follow up on this as you would be putting your life at risk. Note to farang women: Do not boink Thai policemen,

as they take it badly if you dust them off later. Just ask the karaoke girl that had her arm chopped off by a rejected policeman....

Edited by EyesWideOpen