Sankampaeng Hot Spring, Cm

kitiya1980

I'm planing to go travel up north of Thailand with my family and friends in the middle of the year and the hi-light is CM i've been to CM like 30 times already but still love it and never get bored of going there, my last visited 2006 to see the world flora fair wondering what that place is like now do they still open for us to go see? we dropped by to Sankampaeng Hot Spring woah it was lovely hey but i went there with the tour so couldnt stay longer over there we spent like an hour...sigh how about strawberry farm? there are many farms but ive never been to any lol which is nice? well thats ok for now the rest i got the idea wot they're like :)

Kit

I don't know about strawbeery farms, but if you are planning on going to the hot springs again then check out the Sleepin Buddha cave. If you're going to the springs from CM it's on the left about ten minutes before. You'll need to look out for the signpost. The entrance to the caves is very small and you have to crawl a little bit, but once inside it's huge with several chambers.

I don't know about strawbeery farms, but if you are planning on going to the hot springs again then check out the Sleepin Buddha cave. If you're going to the springs from CM it's on the left about ten minutes before. You'll need to look out for the signpost. The entrance to the caves is very small and you have to crawl a little bit, but once inside it's huge with several chambers.

Thanx alot :) wow interesting i will have to crawl :) i will make sure that i wont fart or person front of me dont fart :) it happened to me before :) been to many caves in thailand but wot am afraid the most is...snake or gecko-_- cant wait to go there! btw where in CM are u? how about restaurant or coffee shop? any suggestion?:)

Kit

Yes, I took my father there and he let one off right in front of my face.

About restaurants and coffee shops: I aviod CM city centre as much as possible so I can't really help you there. I live in Hang Dong/San Pa Tong and usually eat out there or in Lamphun.

Thanx alot :) wow interesting i will have to crawl :) i will make sure that i wont fart or person front of me dont fart :) it happened to me before :) been to many caves in thailand but wot am afraid the most is...snake or gecko-_- cant wait to go there! btw where in CM are u? how about restaurant or coffee shop? any suggestion?:)

Kit

There is a strawberry farm in Mae Rim on the right just before Queen Sirikit Botanicla Gardens. If you go to the hot springs there are 7 private bungalows in the back with a spring fed hot tub in each. About 200 baht and worth it. You should also visit Dok Mai Gardens in Hang Dong.

Edited by Sansai Sam

The hots springs you are asking about are slightly East of Sankampaeng at a place called Mae Orn. Great place to visit. Especially during the Chiang Mai winter. Don't forget to take some eggs to boil up when you are there. Enjoy!

There is a strawberry farm in Mae Rim on the right just before Queen Sirikit Botanicla Gardens. If you go to the hot springs there are 7 private bungalows in the back with a spring fed hot tub in each. About 200 baht and worth it. You should also visit Dok Mai Gardens in Hang Dong.

Sam I wanna know how much for the bungalows/night the room is nice tho? whats the name maybe i can google :) thanks, how about the weather there on May?

Kit

Yes, I've been there 2006 haha eggs? yes can do but i dont like to eat tho! will do for my fam and friends then visit caves but i dont think its good idea someone mite fart in the caves LOL we shall visit caves first :):P

Edited by kitiya1980

Here is a map to the Sankampaeng HotSprings Besides individual or small group bathing/soaking rooms, there is a good-sized warm swimming pool which is enjoyable also. Nice grounds for walking and lounging. Eggs sold on site. Phony geyzer though, produced via a pipe system.

The Royal Flora Ratchapruek exhibit and gardens are quite nice, very beautiful in many places in fact, but certainly showing wear due to non-maintenance. The park opened in November of 2006. Official site is here.

Edited by MrBrad

Here is a map to the Sankampaeng HotSprings Besides individual or small group bathing/soaking rooms, there is a good-sized warm swimming pool which is enjoyable also. Nice grounds for walking and lounging. Eggs sold on site. Phony geyzer though, produced via a pipe system.

The Royal Flora Ratchapruek exhibit and gardens are quite nice, very beautiful in many places in fact, but certainly showing wear due to non-maintenance. The park opened in November of 2006. Official site is here.

I've been to that exhibit 2006 and took load of photos will post them as soon as i can find them, how about u guys? have been to this exhibition? mind to share photo? :) my fave theme was dutch garden next to belgian garden :)

Edited by kitiya1980

I recommend new place which very beautiful under Thai Royal Project.

"Mon Jam" In the morning you can see like a fog sea because it is located in high mountain 1,350 kms from sea level.

Not far from Chiang Mai city on the way to Mae Rim District. Drive around 45 mins to reach there.

There are many tents with private bathroom to rent.

Sorry I can't find English review but have some photos in a few website.

http://www.pantip.com/cafe/blueplanet/topic/E9811571/E9811571.html

http://www.cm108.com/bbb/index.php?showtopic=32985

- Graph yard

- Strawberry yard

- Fresh Vegetable

I went there last month. Good place for photo shoot too laugh.gif

can someone clarify about the 200 baht bungalows at the hotsprings.

Are the hotsprings in SanKampaeng or Mae Orn? and the payment of 200baht, is it for day use only? The tubs are for full body soak?

I am very interested in going but wont have a car of my own when i'm in chiangmai and too cheap to hire one. Is there any public transport there apart from taxi? If i have to take a taxi, approximately how much would it cost me, say from taphae gate?

thank you.

Sam I wanna know how much for the bungalows/night the room is nice tho? whats the name maybe i can google :) thanks, how about the weather there on May?

Kit

Be prepared for HOT weather in May. Once the South West monsoon breaks things cool down a bit, but this tends to be towards the end of the month - in 2010 it arrived in Northern Thailand around 24/25th May. The last few weeks before the monsoon arrives tend to be stiflingly hot.

Kit

Be prepared for HOT weather in May. Once the South West monsoon breaks things cool down a bit, but this tends to be towards the end of the month - in 2010 it arrived in Northern Thailand around 24/25th May. The last few weeks before the monsoon arrives tend to be stiflingly hot.

Oh yes! we will go by private Pick Up :( with small roof behind for 2 farangs from UK LOL erm...should be fine? hehehe going to be adventure trip :) many years ago we took a van from Udon to CM at night time it was very quiet and weather was cool on April not sure about this time tho.

And these are photos I was in CM 2006 Exhibition :) the 1st and 2nd but the 3rd I was in Sankampaeng Hot Springs :P

Looks like a lot of fun and very interesting. Hopefully the weather will remain bearable, although I do expect it to be hot anyway. :)

And these are photos I was in CM 2006 Exhibition :) the 1st and 2nd but the 3rd I was in Sankampaeng Hot Springs :P

Looks like a lot of fun and very interesting. Hopefully the weather will remain bearable, although I do expect it to be hot anyway. :)

Babe! its gonna be hot 4sure! not only the weather! and u know that :P~~Maybe we will look for guinness in CM? to cool u guys down -_-

Edited by kitiya1980

Babe! its gonna be hot 4sure! not only the weather! and u know that :P~~Maybe we will look for guinness in CM? to cool u guys down -_-

I wonder if there is an Irish bar there?

Re:the Hot Springs.... :)

..you take the 1317 out of the Mai and although it is a pretty good road the Total distance is @ 40 klms. :huh:

Turn off to the left about 5 klicks before Highlands at the Sahakorn market and follow the road(fairly quiet)

Locals can usually get a Sammi from the CM Bus Station for about 50 Bt....toorists ....MKJ.

The Muang Cave is about 3 Klicks before the market....I have taken lots of people into it...."Bong the big Stalag-tight" etc and should be reasonably fit.

Irish Pub sounds like a good idea.....anybody....but :ermm:

My little bar is up in the Mountains overlooking everything but "mine host" is not there very often... :o:D

can someone clarify about the 200 baht bungalows at the hotsprings.

Are the hotsprings in SanKampaeng or Mae Orn? and the payment of 200baht, is it for day use only? The tubs are for full body soak?

I am very interested in going but wont have a car of my own when i'm in chiangmai and too cheap to hire one. Is there any public transport there apart from taxi? If i have to take a taxi, approximately how much would it cost me, say from taphae gate?

thank you.

Hire a van for 1800 to 2000 baht for the whole day (fuel not incl.)