Drunken Neighbor Is A Pain

ezmac

The "young punk" as you put it may in fact be correct, your only real recourse is to possibley bung one of Thailands finest some cash and ask him to "talk" to them.

You pushing the issue will only end in tears for you, Young Thai males + alcohol + a farang getting in their face, not a good combination..

Sound advice.

If you wait it out, they may move on and you will get peace and quiet.

Is it the owner, or a tenant?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rent one of those babies i see them 80 year old cambodian beggars are always hanging around with. run down to the party screaming with the baby in the air. look as frantic as possible and shout "baby can't sleep, BABY CANNOT SLEEP!".

do this. every night.

Great idea.

Then he won't hear the neighbor as the baby makes more noise.

You have two options.

A: You make a recording of their party. Hire one of these walls of sound Thai people use at every occasion, when somebody gets married or dies, goes into the wat ow wants to dry her hair.

Play the sound of the party from 05:30 in the morning. Make sure they can hear it in Chiang Mai. You could even take a week off and have a clock installed to stop it at 24:00.

B: You move to a small romantic rural village in Isaan, like the one where I live. The last three weeks we had several funerals, three weddings and two persons joined the wat (on seperate occasions mind you). They start the walls of sound at around 05:30 when your neighbor is still snoring I guess, fifteen minutes after the wats bell. To avoid moments of silence, during the day, at least 15 cars pass, selling garlic, brooms, soy sauce, matrresses. They all try to kill the competition with portable walls of sound on their pick ups.

The village dogs are the only resistance. From the moment one of these sound pick ups turns into the village, they start howling untill peace returns in their sector.

Since a few weeks, a new type of sound pick ups have turned up. They shout numbers to help me learn the Thai numbers. So I shouted back: Loo lew. "I know alreay" My wife thought thas was rude because we have elections soon and I should not shout at the local politicians before they have distributed the money. Thai culture you know.

I hope this helps: Thai people drink, because at night they are afraid of the spirits. Noise will chase the spirits away. Unfortunately drinking attract the spirits who are keen on cheap Thai liquor. Understanding this riddle might be the beginning of a solution.

I wonder why the OP wanted to live in Sukhumvit?

Isn't that "party central" in BKK?

I would say in cases dealing with drunken Thais

"discretion is the better part of valour"

Its very hard to find a quiet place in Thailand.

We live a kilometer from a country village.

With every Thai celebration (which is at least one per month),

we get a deafening cacophony that can last several days

and this can go on all night long.

If you must stay in the present apartment I suggest buying ear plugs and

"noise-cancelling headphones" for all members of the family.

Double glazing the windows can help too.

Edited by xerostar

I think some of you guys must have been castrated when you moved to Thailand as none of you seem to have any balls, you will just slink away with your tails between your legs.

Well said, I read so many post throughout Thai Visa that always imply you are in their country so bow down, they are young and drunk and fight in packs so bow down, on and on and on. Yes many of us are old, but we do have one thing going for us, we are clever and mean when we need to be, so man up, wait for one to come home alone and knee cap his ass or do what the locals do accuse them of dealing drugs tip off the police, buy a dog, paint gypsy symbols on their door cursing them, find a couple of British or American friends to party with one night, get them drunk and then cut them lose to reek havoc, on and on and on. B)

And im not that lot.. Im Billy Connerly (sp) warning them about the deadly rabbit....

It was Cleese playing Tim the Enchanter with a Scottish accent who warns about the deadly rabbit, Connolly hadn't even been in movies and was doing TV stand up when this classic film came out!

"One rabbit soup coming up".

3 options i reckon with this 1.get in touch with the police and see what they will do about it

2.buy a handgun walk into their apartment and blow the sterio away dirty harry style

3.buy some sleeping tablets

Suggestion 2. rather irresponsible suggestion dont you think ?...

#2 colorful, I like it. Now for #3.....buy the sleeping tablets and spike their drinks. Out like lights at 9pm

3 options i reckon with this 1.get in touch with the police and see what they will do about it

2.buy a handgun walk into their apartment and blow the sterio away dirty harry style

#2 colorful, I like it. Now for #3.....buy the sleeping tablets and spike their drinks. Out like lights at 9pm

Spike their drinks every night?

Anyhow, it seems like the OP really did move on, since he is not that particular interested in follow/participate in his own thread.

Spike their drinks every night?

Anyhow, it seems like the OP really did move on, since he is not that particular interested in follow/participate in his own thread.

Maybe he followed some of the crazy advice in this thread, the neighbors caught him, and is no longer among us! unsure.gif

You have two options.

A: You make a recording of their party. Hire one of these walls of sound Thai people use at every occasion, when somebody gets married or dies, goes into the wat ow wants to dry her hair.

Play the sound of the party from 05:30 in the morning. Make sure they can hear it in Chiang Mai. You could even take a week off and have a clock installed to stop it at 24:00.

B: You move to a small romantic rural village in Isaan, like the one where I live. The last three weeks we had several funerals, three weddings and two persons joined the wat (on seperate occasions mind you). They start the walls of sound at around 05:30 when your neighbor is still snoring I guess, fifteen minutes after the wats bell. To avoid moments of silence, during the day, at least 15 cars pass, selling garlic, brooms, soy sauce, matrresses. They all try to kill the competition with portable walls of sound on their pick ups.

The village dogs are the only resistance. From the moment one of these sound pick ups turns into the village, they start howling untill peace returns in their sector.

Since a few weeks, a new type of sound pick ups have turned up. They shout numbers to help me learn the Thai numbers. So I shouted back: Loo lew. "I know alreay" My wife thought thas was rude because we have elections soon and I should not shout at the local politicians before they have distributed the money. Thai culture you know.

I hope this helps: Thai people drink, because at night they are afraid of the spirits. Noise will chase the spirits away. Unfortunately drinking attract the spirits who are keen on cheap Thai liquor. Understanding this riddle might be the beginning of a solution.

Sometimes plainly a case of 'Empty vessels make most noise'.

You have two options.

LMAO, You have precisely described the sounds of daily life in my village also, although the funerals far out number marraiges around here. Im thinking the only thing you left out was fireworks as im accross the road from the WAT and dont miss any blast from the 40 pounders they lob at funerals and the the ones that fly horizontal sizzling accross the bone dry forrest and paddy fields, its no wonder they have issues with wild fires here this time of year. Im also amazed with the noise polution sellers as some times i ask my TGF whats that guy on about its so over volume and distorted and she sometimes replies "I Not Know, i cannot understand him either" and i reply, oh i bet he sells alot then.

Just on that subject of Sound and Over Driven Volume Dials, Why Oh Why or How can anybody on earth enjoy music so loud its just noise ? My first baptism of fire here was at a local PCU going away party at lunch time, speakers that would be at home at a MOTORHEAD concert were there which took up as much room as the tables and chairs and once turned on never went below full throttle. I was lucky to be seated at the far end of the gathering about 5 meters from it never heard a word spoken for the rest of the day just deafening and distorted stactic ridden Noise. Can someone please explain to me WHY, why is this so intrenched in Thailand Culture ?

Dont get me wrong i love loud music that is audable and clear.:lol:

Why do people always think that moving is the easy option, what if the guy is 2 months into a 12 month contract? what if the place is rented by his works, etc etc etc.

Moving seems to be his only option.

No it isn't.

he can discuss with condo management, he can tell his landlord, and hopefully his landlord will deal with them, he can pay the police to do it, he can get help from neighbours, he can call their bluff and kick seven shades of <deleted> out of one of them, he has many options.

I think some of you guys must have been castrated when you moved to Thailand as none of you seem to have any balls, you will just slink away with your tails between your legs.

Deal with it, yes be careful, but deal with it <deleted>. I have had issues and dealt with them firmly and in the right way and there have been no comebacks, don't buy into the arguments on here that standing up for yourself will get you shot or beaten up, in some cases it will, that is why you be careful about how you do things. But just packing up and moving house should be the last option. One guy at near my house threatened to shoot my dog so i marched up to his door with my dog and told him there and then to do it or shut the fuc_k up, he backed off, a lot of it with Thais is bravado and trying to be the big man in front of neighbours.

Anyway you guys do what ever you want, run away if it makes you happy. It is ok to battle as long as you pick your battles carefully.

+Yes, good idea.. cause trouble in a foreign country with drunken men somewhere where you've lived only a short time. No problem. If there's any hassle just take random with you and he can tell them to #uck off.

Good one.

id certainly call him before i called you.

he is correct, tuck your tail back in between your legs and dont forget to sit when you pee you big girl's blouse.

ezmac,

are the neighbours Thai?

Sorry for maybe not seeing the obvious, but for me that is not clear in the post.

I understand there is talk about Thai law in the post.

But are the neighbours Thai?

I bet there are Thai neighbours, so let them complain, and if they aren't moaning about it then obviously it's farang trying to impose his western sense of noise polution on another culture.

Edited by blubberboybob

ezmac,

are the neighbours Thai?

Sorry for maybe not seeing the obvious, but for me that is not clear in the post.

I understand there is talk about Thai law in the post.

But are the neighbours Thai?

I bet there are Thai neighbours, so let them complain, and if they aren't moaning about it then obviously it's farang trying to impose his western sense of noise polution on another culture.

Thai's wont complain, they suffer in silence, to complain would be mai riap roy.

random has it sussed, man after my own heart.

Two doors down from me I had the same shit, neighbours wouldnt say anything, but always asking me if I heard anything, didnt hear shit I would tell them, whats the problem, if there is one sort it out, of course they never did.

One thing I have learned here is never leave yourself open to have the finger pointed at you.

Got in touch with some friends from the other side of the city and had the perpetrators sorted out while I was away for the weekend, came back and it was as quiet as a

graveyard.