Visual Zone

coldcrush

Hiya all

I am running Visual Zone 5.7 alongside my Firewall. Never had problems in the past now it is coming with an error "Cannot find log files". When tracking now it will not retrieve any info. I found it a useful tool in the past, anyone change Firewall and have the same probs?

http://www.visualizesoftware.com/

Any help welcomed.

:o

Edited by lopburiguy

lopburiguy

You say that you have changed your firewall, are you still currently using either Zone alarm or zonealarm pro ? Because if not then VisualZone won't work. If you have upgraded from Zonealarm to Zoneaarm pro then you should be able to import the log files by clicking on "File" (Top left) and then "Import zonealarm log file" or simply by pressing F5

Hope this helps

lopburiguy

You say that you have changed your firewall, are you still currently using either Zone alarm or zonealarm pro ? Because if not then VisualZone won't work. If you have upgraded from Zonealarm to Zoneaarm pro then you should be able to import the log files by clicking on "File" (Top left) and then "Import zonealarm log file" or simply by pressing F5

Hope this helps

Slimdog, I have tried that and it will not import. I have just returned to ZA Pro after they have sorted out there bizzare upgrade issues.

However it should as you say import when clicking, this is not the case at the moment. The error I am recieving is as follows:

Error #5: Unable to open C:\Windows\Internet Logs\ZALog.txt

I have tried settings to no avail and uninstall/ reinstall does not help the issue. This does however run on BlackIce.

Any replies welcomed as there is no issues I can find on Visualzone site or Google etc. :o

Edited by lopburiguy

Does the Log file actually exist in the directory ?

C:\Windows\Internet Logs\ZALog.txt

It might be worth checking to see if this file exists on your computer, but is in a different place. Another thing you could try is to create the file by opening wordpad and saving the empty text file as ZALog in C:\Windows\Internet Logs\ and see what happens.

Also with zoneAlarm you will need to go into preferences and ensure that the option "Archive log text files every .. days" is enabled. Without this option, VisualZone will not be able to see any current alerts.

I am a bit suprised that the program works with Blackice, as I was under the impression that it was a visual program designed exclusively for Zone Alarm.

Hope this helps

Hi Slimdag,

yeah I checked all the files etc before, but in the end I had to import from the tool bar below files to drag them in. Seems to work fine from that a little more leg work but its running ok.

As for the Visualzone running only with ZA, I was referring to VisualIce which is a sister program by the developers running on Blackice firewall.

Ty for all your assistance.