World Of Warcraft, Computer Game

kunash

Hi, I am interested to know if the online game world of warcraft is available to play in thailand? I tried to start a free trial but got an error message. the regions available to play were europe, america/oceania, and russia. I know that people from japan and china, and korea are able to play it, but of course their internet speeds would be a lot faster. and would you have to live in bangkok to be able to play, as far as high speed internet is concerned - you need a fast computer and internet to be able to play

When my nephew came to Thailand last year, he was able to play WOW online in Thailand but he was registered in the U.S. The rub must be that your new account has to be registered in one of the available regions to "play". An internet connection with at least 1Mbs speed is sufficient. You can always use a VPN...

• 2 weeks later...

How did you get latency down that low?

I signed up with a trial account, playing on the oceanic servers, my ping bounced around between 600-1600

Can anyone give me a link to a decent guide on how to get that lower?

Hi,

yours should be much lower if you play on oceanic. I play on EU servers and get 280 ms steady.

Here is some advice:

MOST HELPFUL in terms of lag:

- go and get reducethelag.exe at reducethelag.com, it changed my lag from 400-500ms to 280ms and I always can login at any time at the first attempt(before, it sometimes took many attempts/up to 10 mins.)

ALSO HELPS:

- 8Mbit down/1Mbitupload Internet(3bb) or faster Internet

- a good Dlink Router(not some Billion free crappy router)

- Latrix latency fix(->google for it)

Basch

Hi,

yours should be much lower if you play on oceanic. I play on EU servers and get 280 ms steady.

Here is some advice:

- go and get reducethelag.exe at reducethelag.com, it changed my lag from 400-500ms to 280ms and I always can login at any time at the first attempt(before, it sometimes took many attempts/up to 10 mins.)

ALSO HELPS:

Basch

It doesn't matter if you choose Oceanic servers or US servers, your ping will be the same. As for reducing your ping in game there's no easy way to do it due to the distance involved. At best you'll only get 350ms or something around that. However, another option is to use tunnel software such as what you can find at www.lowerping.com or www.smoothping.com or indeed www.reducethelag.com

So there you have it. Assuming you have no other internet troubles your options for reducing pings are:

1. Find the server nearest to you.

2. Move to the server.

3. Use a tunneling program.

Hi,

Here is some advice:

ALSO HELPS:

Basch

It doesn't matter if you choose Oceanic servers or US servers, your ping will be the same. As for reducing your ping in game there's no easy way to do it due to the distance involved. At best you'll only get 350ms or something around that. However, another option is to use tunnel software such as what you can find at www.lowerping.com or www.smoothping.com or indeed www.reducethelag.com

So there you have it. Assuming you have no other internet troubles your options for reducing pings are:

1. Find the server nearest to you.

2. Move to the server.

3. Use a tunneling program.

I never tried US servers before but oceanic vs. EU is a difference latency-wise. I only play on EU from Bangkok because all my friends play there. If I wanted a better ping I'd be on Oceanic. What helped me the most though is what I mentioned above, better router, better internet(especially upload) and reducethelag.com. As of late, I am down to 260ms at any time.

Cheers,

Basch

I never tried US servers before but oceanic vs. EU is a difference latency-wise. I only play on EU from Bangkok because all my friends play there. If I wanted a better ping I'd be on Oceanic. What helped me the most though is what I mentioned above, better router, better internet(especially upload) and reducethelag.com. As of late, I am down to 260ms at any time.

Cheers,

Basch

There is no difference between US and Oceanic servers except the displayed server time. They're all physically located in the US and spread across from west to east coast, which means your data has to go from Thailand to servers in the US regardless of which choice you make. EU servers are located in Germany, France and Sweden.

As for routers or modems and bandwidth, that only helps to a certain degree. Most routers are usable as long as they're configured correctly and are of the right spec. Bandwidth only needs to be able to transfer all data without choking. If you take a look at your download/upload stats while playing you'll see that it doesn't use very much. Most broadband plans in Thailand give you at least 512Kb/sec upload which is fine for raiding and such. I don't notice much more than 40Kb/sec upload when playing WoW.

But yea, try a trial of reducethelag or lowerping and see if that makes you happy. If it does then all you have to do is subscribe.

Cheers,

Basch

There is no difference between US and Oceanic servers except the displayed server time. They're all physically located in the US and spread across from west to east coast, which means your data has to go from Thailand to servers in the US regardless of which choice you make. EU servers are located in Germany, France and Sweden.

As for routers or modems and bandwidth, that only helps to a certain degree. Most routers are usable as long as they're configured correctly and are of the right spec. Bandwidth only needs to be able to transfer all data without choking. If you take a look at your download/upload stats while playing you'll see that it doesn't use very much. Most broadband plans in Thailand give you at least 512Kb/sec upload which is fine for raiding and such. I don't notice much more than 40Kb/sec upload when playing WoW.

But yea, try a trial of reducethelag or lowerping and see if that makes you happy. If it does then all you have to do is subscribe.

Ah jeez, they r in the US, that sucks. I was sure they'd be around here what with them being called oceanic, guess my numbers were a coincidence then.

In that case playing on EU seems like a good choice for me.

Would be interesting to know though how the lag would be when playing on taiwanese, korean or chinese servers.

Then again I am rather happy with my 280ms now. Never play much in large groups though and never been on a raid.

Cheers,

Basch

Ah jeez, they r in the US, that sucks. I was sure they'd be around here what with them being called oceanic, guess my numbers were a coincidence then.

In that case playing on EU seems like a good choice for me.

Would be interesting to know though how the lag would be when playing on taiwanese, korean or chinese servers.

Then again I am rather happy with my 280ms now. Never play much in large groups though and never been on a raid.

Cheers,

Basch

Ping would be better to servers in Asia. It's too bad they couldn't work out a deal with Australian ISPs to host WoW servers in Aus. That would've been great for everyone in this region. Anything under 600ms is fine for solo play really... you only want lower pings for raiding or pvp.