Paying Nok Air By 7/11 Anyone Done It?

THAIPHUKET

I have paid 12-go before but not Nok air, if it works the same, you make the booking online and they give you a reference number, you then have 2 hours to pay at 7-11. You just tell them its a counter service payment for the airline and tell them the reference number, they just add 20thb for the service. Really easy. I suppose Nok will work the same.

Edited by thaimiller

just be ready for a hassle if they cancel your flight. I had them cancel one on me last year. I paid by Visa. They said be patient and wait for the refund. 6 months came and went. I asked them again and they wanted me to jump thru a lot of hoops and file a claim with my passport etc. Screw that. I just called Visa and they got me a credit.

Not sure if that is normal operating practices for SEA airlines but by western standards very dodgy. The credit card was the saving grace as I doubt even if I filed they would have given me a refund without major persistance and or drama.

I pay for Nok tickets at 7/11 all the time. Best is to call their service center and have them SMS the reservation code back to you. You just read it to the counter clerk, pay your money, and leave with a register-printed ticket.

I have paid 12-go before but not Nok air, if it works the same, you make the booking online and they give you a reference number, you then have 2 hours to pay at 7-11. You just tell them its a counter service payment for the airline and tell them the reference number, they just add 20thb for the service. Really easy. I suppose Nok will work the same.

Exactly. Nakornchai Air Bus Co. works the same way. I've paid for both Nok Air and NCA at 7-11 and never had a problem.

If you have a credit card issued by a western bank, it's always better to use it to pay for purchases like this. Like CobraSnakeNecklace, we had Nok Air cancel a route after they'd accepted our reservation on-line. I couldn't get a straight story when phoning their customer service center and finally we got an email from the Chiang Rai station manager saying they'd suspended service between CM and CR and it would be up to 90 days before they credited our Visa card. Having run a retail business in the U.S., I knew that a merchant could issue a refund almost instantly, so I filed a claim with the Visa card people. That got us a refund pronto! I didn't want to wait 90 days to see if Nok made good on their promise and ran out the clock on our time limit to file a claim.

Exactly. Nakornchai Air Bus Co. works the same way. I've paid for both Nok Air and NCA at 7-11 and never had a problem.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Elektrified,

Learned a lot on this thread, thanks to all !

Khun E.: is it correct to assume that the NABC site is still all in Thai in terms of bookings ? Or were you able to book by phone and get a payment ID you could use at the 7/11 ?

thanks, ~o:37;

Hi

Did it, booked by phone, got a ticket ID, went to 7/11, paid cash my trip (+10Bht if I remember). Went to the plane, plane turn back to Chiangmai (leaking oil), back to airport , I got my refund, minus 10 Bht from 7/11.

Well that was a funny day ;-)

By the way, I would check more about plane quality than my payment ;-) .. joke ! I stopped flying with ATR and B737 from this day !

Philippe

Edited by khunphil

You would have major refund problems, when you are dealing with anything that has anything to do with Thai financial system.

Major reason, most Thai were so timid that some would not even go to ask for what is rightfully theirs.

Yesterday, an assistant wouldn't even go to exchange a damaged and unusable PVC tape....

But he was willing to dig out from his own pocket to buy a new tape so we could continue to finish the underground water PVC tube work....

That surely is another one of those unfamiliar amazing Thailand stuff....:)

Like many other posters already mentioned--paying the tix with western country issued credit card, imho, would be the best way to insure our own sanity, should there be any unforeseen predicament. :jap:

Edited by mkawish