Chinese

vreemd13

I just have a telephone call with a thai friend, who I know for many years. What I eventually hear for his excuse and explanation to take advantage of a situation: "No problem, he is Chinese, not farang"

Should this remark make me feel better in Thailand as a white foreigner friend??? :whistling:

Should this remark make you feel better?

Definitively no. Most probably he's telling the other guy "No problem, he's a farang"

How can you trust someone who cheats someone else, even if it is to your benefit. Do you think he'll have any problem to betray you when the wind will have changed ?

Definitively no. Most probably he's telling the other guy "No problem, he's a farang"

How can you trust someone who cheats someone else, even if it is to your benefit. Do you think he'll have any problem to betray you when the wind will have changed ?

so true !! thumbsup.gif ........

THe thing with Chinese is that context is all-important. THere are so many homonyms (oo err missus - sounds a bit like something else!) and the tones so easily misunderstood - not to mention the fairly limited vocabulary and use of metaphors; so that is why you never get a short Chinese conversation. (That, and their genuine interest in food, but that's not relevant here)

So, to cut a long story short, as others have said:

Without the context, we have no idea what you are talking about.

That's gwailos for you.

SC

Spot on!

BTW: cheat is not applicable, the person in question is not my partner.

What make me consider about his remark: can a sequel betrayal or lie be measured for (un)importance by someone's origin (whether Chinese, farang or thai)? Is there a different balance of significance in regards thai thoughts, when it involves the same lie to people of different origin?

Spot on!

What make me consider about his remark: can a sequel betrayal or lie be measured for (un)importance by someone's origin (whether Chinese, farang or thai)? Is there a different balance of significance in regards thai thoughts, when it involves the same lie to people of different origin?

I've read this, and re-read it, and thought 'should I stop drinking?'

Then a cheer went up, and I watched the replays of a missed shot on goal.

No. Explain yourself. Without context you are talking <deleted>,. Bluntness is a pre-requisite to understanding, Sometimes, a pointed remark is necessary to make this clear.

SC

Spot on!

not wanting to generalise, but YES B) Its more acceptable to LIE and CHEAT foreigners here IMNSHO B)

Edited by jubby