Phantom And Gasohol

billzant

Dear Forum,

I bought a Phantom Fire December 2009.

I saw a recent thread talking about gasohol so I wanted to ask about gasohol and my Phantom.

In a table on this page (http://www.bkkriders.com/gasohol.html), it says PHANTOM 200 made in 2000 - 2002 is compatible with gasohol. Can anyone help me understand whether it is true that I can use gasohol with my bike? What must I look for on the bike in order to decide?

Do I need to convert the carburettor? Is this a good idea?

If I run on gasohol will it reduce performance, speed? and acceleration when overtaking?

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

Bill Z

If its a 2009 fire edition as you say. it will run fine on gasahol. it has a sticker on the tank saying E10 or something.

I read on another forum yesterday about a guy who put 100,000 k on a phantom run only on gasohol with no problems.

apparently it makes no difference on speed, mileage etc..

Edited by jubby

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. Jubby also sent me a link to a thread in GTRiders. I hadn't known what the E10 sticker meant!! As a result I have decided to change to gasohol. I ran the tank low but not empty, and filled with gasohol. There was no difference in performance but obviously cheaper. With my Fire 2009 I would not hesitate in recommending the use of gasohol.

All the Best,

Bill Z

Thanks for the advice. Jubby also sent me a link to a thread in GTRiders. I hadn't known what the E10 sticker meant!! As a result I have decided to change to gasohol. I ran the tank low but not empty, and filled with gasohol. There was no difference in performance but obviously cheaper. With my Fire 2009 I would not hesitate in recommending the use of gasohol.

All the Best,

Bill Z

all LOS petrols and gasohol can be mixed as you please, so no need to run tank low

No ,dont put Gasahol in a Phantom .I had to replace the carb on mine because of using Gasahol .Cost B5,500 . It ruins the tip of the fuel jet ( hard rubber ) and you have to buy a whole new carb .With my old BMW you could just replace the fuel jet .

Also my 5 year old Phantom ( now sold ) had a lot of rust inside the fuel tank ( maybe because of Gasahol ?)