6 Nations

sanpakwan

Just for the record, Uptheos doesn't come into The Olde Bell because he doesn't like the internet personality of Millwall_fan.

He promotes which ever pub or restaurant he thinks provided the greatest competition to us. Generall The UN Irish for Sports and Gecko Garden for cheap eats.

Thus he has no idea what sports we show. I generally ignore him but when he posts misleading information I feel I need to.

I have nothing at all against the UN Irish and have known Sandy for many years, for some reason Uptheos feels Sandy needs his help.

I would take any posts Uptheos puts up about pubs and restaurants with a large degree of scepticism.

for the record, We have shown all 6 nations games that fall wihtin our licencing hours and plan on showing the remainder.

I believe The Pub also shows 6 Nations games. So the Irish is not the 'only pub to have made the effort'

To be fair OBP the OP asked on the 23 Jan who was showing the 6 Nations and it's took you up until today to confirm that you are showing, i would have thought that it would have in your best interest's to respond to the OP quickly and then perhaps the UN Irish wouldn't have been mentioned in the thread so often.

A side issue, what satellite do you get in on ?

Hi Alfie, The OP asked the question at sometime after midnght, Uptheos had made his first promotion of the Irish by 8am. I tend not to get involved with posts where he does that sort of thing. Then he posted their schedule, then their facebook page. If there are posts about cheap eats he promotes Gecko Garden. As he has said above he doesn't like me and delights in promoting whichever establishment he thinks is the greatest competition in any sphere! As I say, I don't usually get involved, we are so busy it hardly matters, except when his ignorance of our pub leads to errors. I have sent you a PM.

UG: I believe he is deliberately maligning our pub. He even picks me up on my typos <deleted>!! I'd love to be proved wrong, but his posting history suggests otherwise.

Sorry if I post at a time when you're sleeping it off - I happen to be an early riser. I'll try and be more considerate and post at times that are convenient to you.

Yes, I posted their schedule and lost count of the people that said it's helpful and saves asking. Why don't you post your schedule like you post your specials....that would be even more beneficial.

I pasted their FB link ONCE after a comment re FB by another poster and have been told about it, so it will never happen again. If you can find another time I ever posted their FB page then please bring it up.

What's wrong with posting about cheap eating places?????

Deliberately maligning your pub......like what?

Saying good things about Gecko Garden is deliberately maligning your pub?

You're not well mate.....try and take it easy for a while. smile.gif

PS. Just for your record, I posted this before I noticed your pm.

Edited by uptheos

Maybe now you've read my PM, you will appreciate that I am in pretty good health all things considered, but am unwilling to get into a debate with you about sports coverage.

I'm highly delighted you are in good health, smile.gif

Thank you for your pm, but if you are not showing something (for whatever reason) that is up to you, but it doesn't mean that people are not entitled to know who is.

I don't recall ever wanting to get into a 'debate' with you about sports coverage.

Personally, I would like people know who (I think) has the best live sports coverage in Chiang Mai and why, which is no different to recommending the best pizza, best burger or best live music etc.

If someone comes along who provides as good or better service, I would be more than happy to sing their praises too.

Without trying to stir up a hornets nest,i know at least 5 0r 6 ex military young guys(para's mostly) living in cm who wont go in the old bell.

Why u ask...well,ie as well as other small non descript things,they have british legion nights(which is good),but for god's sake the sign is a UNION JACK,and it is inside out!!!!!!!! <deleted>.

just not cricket

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

Without trying to stir up a hornets nest,i know at least 5 0r 6 ex military young guys(para's mostly) living in cm who wont go in the old bell.

Why u ask...well,ie as well as other small non descript things,they have british legion nights(which is good),but for god's sake the sign is a UNION JACK,and it is inside out!!!!!!!! <deleted>.

just not cricket

I've been reminded many times that the Union flag is displayed inside out or upside down or both. Unfortunately Mastercard Thailand were obviously unaware of the significance of this, and, as it was a freebie from them, I didn't feel able to complain! Sorry it's put you and your mates off coming in. As you say we host Royal British Legion nights on teh first and third Wednesday of the month which are very popular. Everyone is welcome to come along to the socials, but you'd need to join the Legion to get the generous discounts they offer members.

just not cricket

I've been reminded many times that the Union flag is displayed inside out or upside down or both. Unfortunately Mastercard Thailand were obviously unaware of the significance of this, and, as it was a freebie from them, I didn't feel able to complain! Sorry it's put you and your mates off coming in. As you say we host Royal British Legion nights on teh first and third Wednesday of the month which are very popular. Everyone is welcome to come along to the socials, but you'd need to join the Legion to get the generous discounts they offer members.

I think the first part responds quite sufficiently to CMF.

Not one to miss an advertising opportunity eh?

just not cricket

I make no apology for advertising the Royal British Legion - it does good work here in Chiang Mai doing welfare work helping local ex-servicemen. It also raises money for the RBL back in the UK via the Poppy Appeal.

A portion of the local funding comes from money raised at The Olde Bell via the Football Card scheme and collection box on the bar. Instead of rabidly attacking the Olde Bell every time a post mentions them, why not put your hand in your pocket & make a donation? You must have plenty of cash as you obviously rarely go out due to being glued to your computer.

just not cricket

I make no apology for advertising the Royal British Legion - it does good work here in Chiang Mai doing welfare work helping local ex-servicemen. It also raises money for the RBL back in the UK via the Poppy Appeal.

A portion of the local funding comes from money raised at The Olde Bell via the Football Card scheme and collection box on the bar. Instead of rabidly attacking the Olde Bell every time a post mentions them, why not put your hand in your pocket & make a donation? You must have plenty of cash as you obviously rarely go out due to being glued to your computer.

I agree 100% that the British Legion does good work. smile.gif

However, I thought this thread was about showing the 6 Nations Rugby, not about British Legion nights at The Olde Bell? huh.gif

For the record: I do have plenty of cash and I don't have to lift a finger. It just keeps rolling in month after month. If I choose to sit at my computer.....that is at least my choice, whereas you have no choice but to sit swigging beer 24/7........shame. sad.gif

By the way you never answered Alfie's question. What satellite were you using to show the 6 Nations at your place?

The following link to the RBS 6 nations rugby may be useful to the OP http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/16622.php It states actual play times GMT,

If anyone doesn't know it's +7hours, which starts the big game England v France at around midnight Saturday.

With so many places closing early, or when they feel like it because of so few customers, Is it worth a trip into town? :unsure:

Are the forementioned places as freindly as the previous posters?

The following link to the RBS 6 nations rugby may be useful to the OP http://www.rbs6natio...om/en/16622.php It states actual play times GMT,

If anyone doesn't know it's +7hours, which starts the big game England v France at around midnight Saturday.

With so many places closing early, or when they feel like it because of so few customers, Is it worth a trip into town? :unsure:

Are the forementioned places as freindly as the previous posters?

The Olde Bell say they are showing it and they also say that The Pub is.

I think you also know who else is showing it.

Why don't you give each of them a call and ask them?

I can't recall too many fights breaking out at any of them, so I think you'll be safe. smile.gif