Ems Bangkok To Ko Samui

Hi folks,

I'm having my Korean work visa processed in Bangkok, and it will be ready at some point while I'm on vacation in Ko Samui. It will be ready by Friday, February 11th at the latest and I would need it the next day (Saturday, 12th). I'm planning to have it sent to my hotel on the island. I fly out of Bangkok at 2am on Sunday, Feb. 13th

Basically, my flight is non-refundable and I lose $750 if I don't have my visa by the time my flight leaves.

Does anyone have experience with domestic EMS deliveries? Are they fast and reliable? Am I better off having the package sent to the Bangkok airport post office as poste restante (ie: pick it up there)?

Thanks,

Ian

I know from experience that EMS service is (mostly) closed on Sundays sometimes whole weekends

I doubt it anyway if the package will be there Saturday when sent Friday from Bangkok...

You need at least two to three days.

DHL works, 24 hours ad day 24/7...

Ems would be ok overnight from BKK it has to be at the post office before 1200 and make sure you addresse it to the right hotel. Also Tnt is over night just have your phone number on the package and they will call you, there office is next to lotus

Ems would be ok overnight from BKK it has to be at the post office before 1200 and make sure you addresse it to the right hotel. Also Tnt is over night just have your phone number on the package and they will call you, there office is next to lotus

Another reliable alternative is have the package delivered by hand to the Suvanabhumi Airport Bangkok Airways counter. Hospitals use this method to get cultures tested and I have used it for important documents or medicine to be sent asap. To pick up your package go to the Samui Air Cargo office at the Samui airport with your I.D. preferably your passport. The fastest way :)

I'm afraid there is no absolutely 100% certain service in Thailand for what you're asking..

& if they <deleted> up, there won't be any consequences anyway for them..

If it's relaly that important, i'd sugggest making sure of getting itt by cutting short your Holiday & picking it up yourself on teh Friday in BKK..

I hope i don't have to say " I told you so.. "

yep u buy purchase at the post office. tell them u want ems. they will give u a receipt that has a tracking number. u then go to the post office at the other side or any post office and they can track your parcel straight away.

i always send via ems

I know from experience that EMS service is (mostly) closed on Sundays sometimes whole weekends

I doubt it anyway if the package will be there Saturday when sent Friday from Bangkok...

You need at least two to three days.

DHL works, 24 hours ad day 24/7...

Do not under any circumstances use DHL. Koh Samui is not on their system despite having an agent here. Last package sent to us took 10 days from Hong Kong and bounced between the USA. Phuket and Bangkok before they put it in post.

i get one or three packages delivered to me by EMS each week and while they are addressed to a legitimate known office address i've never received anything in less than 3 days, and that's after watching the tracking number and knowing what time the pkg left bkk.

i've had packages take longer to get to me here from BKK than it took to get from NYC to BKK

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. As it turns out, Korean immigration is taking much longer than expected anyway. Oh well, another week on the beach in Samui, I guess.

I'm sure the information provided here will be useful to others browsing the forums in the future, however, I have decided that I won't chance the postal system and will pick it up in person.

Thanks again,

Ian

Another reliable alternative is have the package delivered by hand to the Suvanabhumi Airport Bangkok Airways counter.

=======

When you say "by hand", do you mean use a courier service like TNT to drop it there? I don't really know anybody in Bangkok who could do it for me, since I'm only here on vacation. What's the cost to have something shipped by this method?

======