Techie Help Pls

Boo

I have an acer netbook & since moving & getting BT wireless broadband my connection is sporadic. Sometimes I log in & it shows no wireless connection at all & other times I log in & it doesn't even get me that far & I have to crash out to re log back in.

I have been going into the admin tools in control panel, services then wireless zero config and restarting it to pick up the wireless connection but does anyone know how to fix it so I don't need to keep doing this several times a week?

Thanks

A moderator, and you've either not read or disregarded Rule #1 of my pinned topic, FAQ & Asking Questions The Smart Way. :annoyed:

Complete Internet Repair, a free application may not solve the problem but should help you deal with the symptoms.

The root of your (Windows?) connectivity issue could be a mis-configured firewall -- but that's just a guess.

Edited by Rice_King

This the the most accurate title for my topic. I need techie help. I'd say like the vast majority of people, I know next to nothing about computors or how they run beyond using one. I've searched the web & not come up with an answer probably becuase I don't know the right question to ask. Not everyone has knowledge of computors, I have no idea what a misconfigured firewall is or how I would go about fixing it. Hence the posting of this topic but never mind. 1st & last time I will venture into this section.

My sister in the UK put in BT WIreless Hub set up - so did my other sister and several friends - all but one have had it removed (and they complain about it constantly). The adverts suggesting that the connection is better and uninteruptable is a shocking lie - someone should call tradings standards. My sister replaced it with Sky Internet (similar set up) and it works beautifully.

With BT Internet her son could hardly ever get a stable connection from his bedroom (almost directly above the hub - next floor up), and even the computer she had in the lounge about 10 foot from the hub lost connection - he daughters laptop would simply never connect (Vista - brand new). She had the BT ENgineers in 3 times at 90 quid a pop and no joy - work for a few days then crap again.

So, my advise is phone them up and tell them they are not giving you the advertised service and you wish to cancel - they will send a guy around to check gratis - if no good still then call again and tell them to pick up their crap and choose a different provider.

Sorry.