Help With A Compex Netpassage 28g

Khutan

I purchased a Compex NetPassage 28G Wireless router, and yes its full of features that don't work 100%

Like Sure the wireless works for about 15 minutes, then it loses the Client loses the IP address and I have to repair the connection. If I stream radio or something like that, the connection lasts better.

My client is fine, and operates all day at work with a wireless connection with a weak signal, but a different brand router.... I took the router back to the shop, they changed it and I still have the same problem.

Another interesting feature, is you can connect up to 4 USB devices, being webcams, printers storage devices and access them from your VLan or from the internet. Problem I have like Lampshade is you can never see the router from the internet, seems to be "Cloaked in Mystery". Sure from behind the router.

Now I was thinking, would it help if I "stole" or camped on an IP address from the DHCP server of my provider and set the address as static, chosing any address that works ? (Who hasn't done that before) Then I would at least always know the Ip address of the router, then hopefully have a start to be able to see the thing from other side of the router.

I have turned off the security and fire watt, so the thing is a total tart at the moment. The only security I have is the WPA key to stop the neighbours using my link for free.

Anyway, if anyone has an idea, I would like to know.