News From Mister Balance

powderpuff

I was in the store the other day & I began to notice a lot of older hi-fi.

Speaking to Pawdee he says he is going to concentrate on "vintage" gear. sooooooo

for most of us that means more trips to see Wit at Fortune Town.

I personally like the sound of the newer stuff. Like Aerial, Ayre, Esoteric, Cary Krell & Levinson.

The British magazine HiFi News carries some interesting articles

about vintage equipment from the 60's and 70's.

It would be fascinating to hear how they sound against the latest boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a shame, I just loved the esoteric rich man's toys coming up at Mr Balance each week. Having a bit of vintage is ok but I still like the modern classics from the 90s until now. Fortune used to have two quite good 2nd hand shops but the largest closed down....not sure what's there now. The market is shrinking for hi-fi in Thailand despite the rich population increasing.

Mr Balance does have a website but unforunately hasn't put any equipment or prices on it, which is a shame because I'd love to know when a good Krell pre-amp and some Ushers/Martin Logan Summits come up!

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Balance is on 5th floor of Panthip Plaza. Also worth checking out is one of the higher floors of Fortune (Rama 9 MRT).

By the way, I'm abroad for a while so can't see what Mr Balance has at the moment..anyone been there recently and spotted some interesting kit? Apogees, valve amps, sonus fabers etc. etc.?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Carl. I was in there today. he has a few pairs of ProAc floorstanders, a pair of Dunleavy SC4a's & a pair of Sonus Faber floorstanders.

I just added a Cary 306/200 from USA - man I am glad I have my Meadowlark Audio Osprey 3 ways. Sonic bliss.

Carl. Check the TV classifieds. A guy is selling a pair of Cremonas for 200k in Pattaya.

Where is Fortune Town? It is a big mall on Ratchada Piesek Road. Catch the esclalators above Kobune Japanese Rest. Go up to Floor 3. Wit is Bangkok Hi-Fi Club & many other shops - most of them in fact.

Used Shop is on floor 4.