Getting The Paperwork Done At The Dealer

ChangNoi1

Although I am sure it will work out well in the end, it pisses me of big time now.

When I bought the bike the said 3 months for green book & lincense plate. So I asked if that was a joke as my friend in BKK bought the same bike and had all papers within 2 week (DLT in Bangkom say they can get it all done in 3 days). So she asks when you want it then? So I say "in 2 weeks".

So it is now 2 weeks later and I have heard nothing so I check "O yes we have insurance papers but not green book yet. Take 3 months"

Say what? I go to the shop to pick up the insurance papers and it seems it is only the "compulary" insurance. And that is even registerd more as 24hr after I did ride away with the new bike! Bloody hell getting that insurance takes 5min, not more as 24hr!

So I call the insurance company and it seems that they can not find my insurance, so I am not sure if I have insurance actually. Again bloody hell because my car-insurance-policy I get 10min after I have paid for it!

Is the dealer "saving" money by paying his bills once in the 3 months?

Now I suddenly know why I should have bought the bike in BKK instead of Pattaya.

Chang Noi

yes

but you still have to wait 30 days after delivery before you can claim anything.

In the meanwhile, expect only compulsory insurance is payed

more info on rules and how to handle dealer in Honda CBR250 thread

BTW, 3 months is probably how long credit they have from AP, no docs to register before payed to AP

@ Katabeachnum : So I pay that full month but can not use it? As far as I know that is not the way my car-insurance works and I had once a small motorbike stolen within 2 weeks and that was fully coverd.

But anyway ... making some pissed telephone calls to Kawasaki Bangkok, Kawasaki Pattaya and the insurance company helps.

I have now been promised that I will have my Green Book in 1 week (indeed they are just waiting for the officially invoice so they are selling something they actually do not own, that makes a nice cash-flow)

My insurance papers will be emailed to me and the real papers will be send monday (so they paid it today).

Please help me to remind myself NEVER to buy anything from any motorbike-dealer in Pattaya anymore!

Remarkely even Kawasaki Bangkok just called me to inform about my problems. Would they really care what their dealer in Pattaya is doing?

Chang Noi

Edited by ChangNoi1

@ PowerDuff ..... Deposit? I paid the FULL amount upfront!

Well at least I did receive (by email) the insurance policy so I am pretty sure they will mail it monday to the Kawa dealer in Pattaya. So when I pick it up there we will see you it is going with my Green Book.

Chang Noi

AFAIK the first class insurance is in effect as soon as it's paid - anything else wouldn't make much sense either, right. @ Katabeachnum or did you mean the policy is in effect, but claims are only paid out after 30 days?

3 months seems a bit thick but then again I think mine took nearly 2 months in the end. Whatever, I just didn't think about it and had all the papers they gave me with me - had to show them to police once and it was OK. Actually wasn't really the police, it was two extremely shady looking guys who quickly flashed me an ID card and claimed they were from the excise department. They had a Toyota pick up and seemed ready to take my bike right then and there. But after reviewing the invoice they got friendly and wanted to know this and that about the bike...

AFAIK the first class insurance is in effect as soon as it's paid - anything else wouldn't make much sense either, right. @ Katabeachnum or did you mean the policy is in effect, but claims are only paid out after 30 days?

3 months seems a bit thick but then again I think mine took nearly 2 months in the end. Whatever, I just didn't think about it and had all the papers they gave me with me - had to show them to police once and it was OK. Actually wasn't really the police, it was two extremely shady looking guys who quickly flashed me an ID card and claimed they were from the excise department. They had a Toyota pick up and seemed ready to take my bike right then and there. But after reviewing the invoice they got friendly and wanted to know this and that about the bike...

I guess I wasnt very clear :jap:

Insurance can be valid the day its payed by dealer to Insurance. Some dealers/agents are slow on this. Just discovered my Vigo was without Insurance for 2 weeks between 1st year and 2nd year

Dealer has 30 days to complete register/book/white plate. Hard to claim book and plate before this time has expired

Maybe I am a bit weird but when I pay in full and drive away with the bike I expect that the bike is unsured from that very one second.

As said when I bought my car and did pick it up at the dealer. They did give me proof that they had applied for the green-book and that they had already paid the road-tax. They also did give me proof that they had paid the "basic" insurance. They did also give me a red-plate with registration-book (did never get that from the Kawa dealer).

If my car dealer can do like that then the Kawa-dealer can also do that. Actually my friend who bought the same bike at the Kawa-dealer in Bangkok had all his papers within 2 weeks.

And you know it is all fine .... until there is a accident ... "O sorry you are not insured because they insurance has not been paid" or "O sorry but your red-plate is not legal because you do not have the registration-book".

That is why I check everything myself, and actually I try do all the paperwork myself (which I also offerd to the Kawa-dealer).

Chang Noi

Truth has to be said .... the manager of the Kawa-dealer is a man of his word ..... he promised me last week that in 1 week I would get my green book and liccense-plate.

And .... today he called me to tell I could pickup my green-book & license plate! (This shows that you can get your Green-Book & license-plate in just 1 week).

So hopefully next week my first service-check and then of for a longer tour (Khon Khean via via Wang Nam Keaw and Khorat).

Chang Noi

Truth has to be said .... the manager of the Kawa-dealer is a man of his word ..... he promised me last week that in 1 week I would get my green book and liccense-plate.

And .... today he called me to tell I could pickup my green-book & license plate! (This shows that you can get your Green-Book & license-plate in just 1 week).

So hopefully next week my first service-check and then of for a longer tour (Khon Khean via via Wang Nam Keaw and Khorat).

Chang Noi

yepp, 4-5 days after dealer has payed Kawasaki is time needed.

Have a nice trip :)