Maxthon

Shivek

I actually prefer Opera. It's even better now with the free registration code.

Things I like about Opera:

Quick config changes possible through tools, quick preferences

Tabbed browsing (default, unlike firefox)

Remembers all the tabs, so I don't have to re-open every time I shutdown (for me, 30+ tabs!)

Highly configurable interface, clean look

Things I don't like about Opera:

f*$(%$(*#$&$*##$#)@ing mouse gestures

Whats the lastest version of Firefox and Opera?

well .. Maxton is just a "addon" for IE ... (but quite good) ;-)

my experiance shows that firefox still the best ...

or Safari even ;-)

Tried Firefox and i think Maxthon is the best. Firefox always open google and somehow Maxthon beat them all. Maxthon rocks! :o

If Maxthon is an addon for IE, and you're still using IE... then that's way too risky for me.

Most virii infections now are browser-based... you browse an infected site, you get the virus. And the one browser most vulnerable to these things is by far IE.

I have been using Opera for a few months. The tab browsing is really great! (possibility to have several web pages open at the same time in the same Opera window) Opera will memorise your open web pages and re-open them automatically when after you close it and start it again, even after you stop and start again your PC, whether in a controlled way (shut-down) or not (power cut).

The size of the memory used by Opera increases with the number of open web pages (tabs), however 'n' open pages under the same Opera will always take less memory than 'n' IE windows. Opera also blocks unwanted pop-up windows, but not ads on web pages. Unfortunately, some pages don't seem to display well with Opera, and I have to occasionally go back to IE.

What would be interesting is to compare Opera and Firefox as for the speed, CPU consumption, and usage of memory.

The authors of Opera used to charge for their software (the ads-free version), but it seems to be offered for free at least for now. Just follow this link.

Edited by Morbius

I have been using Opera for a few months. The tab browsing is really great! (possibility to have several web pages open at the same time in the same Opera window) Opera will memorise your open web pages and re-open them automatically when after you close it and start it again, even after you stop and start again your PC, whether in a controlled way (shut-down) or not (power cut).

The size of the memory used by Opera increases with the number of open web pages (tabs), however 'n' open pages under the same Opera will always take less memory than  'n' IE windows. Opera also blocks unwanted pop-up windows, but not ads on web pages. Unfortunately, some pages don't seem to display well with Opera, and I have to occasionally go back to IE.

What would be interesting is to compare Opera and Firefox as for the speed, CPU consumption, and usage of memory.

The authors of Opera used to charge for their software (the ads-free version), but it seems to be offered for free at least for now. Just follow this link.

Maxthon also has tab browsing and takes up less CPU usage.