Satelite Tv In Bangkok And Pattaya

barryofthailand

Has anyone experience with JSAT, or other satelite companies in Pattaya or Bangkok

i have UBC and i pay 1500 a month

its good specially if your a soccer fan .they show the enlgish,spanish,german,french and italian league

it also has discovery,hbo,cnn,bbc,history and animal planet

i dont know if its the best but i like for because im a soccer fan :o:)

www.ubctv.com

take a look at tere website

Edited by smb

Thanks SMB, but i was looking for something that had American Football and Baseball. I know UBC has ESPN and does get a few football and baseball games, but if you had a satelite you would be able to pick and choose.

Barry

i have their monthly magazine right now infront of me and it say's (live and exclusive american football NFL)

baseball i dont know if they show that.

give them a call they might have what u need

www.ubctv.com

Edited by smb

Unfortunately there is not a whole lot of US sports on the FTA (free to air)satellites over Asia...

For Asia, the Americans are the antipodeans, not the Aussies or the Kiwis... :D

Makes most satellites over the US invisible over here!

If you get the Jsat set up you'll get simply everything which is free on all the satellites visible from here, plus you'll get some slightly illegal extra channels of which we are not supposed to talk about on this board :o

On their board you can find a whole lot, and what you can't find you can always ask, big chance you'll get a quick answer as well...

http://www.jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

SMB,

I recall from other threads you are from middle eastern origins...

I guess for you it would be a worthwhile investment (the j-sat setup, or from any other company like PSI) since all middle eastern satellites are visible here...

Eventhough I said goodbye to my country of birth a long long time ago, it's still kind of fun watching the programs (especially silly soaps :o ) from there...

I might be wrong, but some ausie friends told me i can pick up the ausie satalites, and American sports are broadcast on these satalites. Star TV picks up American TV live, for instance American Idle, and Rockstar Inxs are all broadcast live to Thailand. The Superbowl was picked up live. So i know someway somehow it can be done. I just don't know how to do it.

Barry

I might be wrong, but some ausie friends told me i can pick up the ausie satalites, and American sports are broadcast on these satalites.  Star TV picks up American TV live, for instance American Idle, and Rockstar Inxs are all broadcast live to Thailand. The Superbowl was picked up live. So i know someway somehow it can be done. I just don't know how to do it.

Barry

Hi Barry,

I think UBC right now is the best bet for American Sports programs. The're showing Baseball around 3 times a week. This Friday they will start the NFL season with a Thursday night game at 8am on Friday. We get 4 NFL games a week, 2 Sunday day games, the Sunday and Monday night games. Also because of the time differences they replay these games the same or next day at more reasonably times. You also get all the playoff games and of course the Super Bowl. Baseball and Baskeball work about the same with 2 or 3 games a week during the regalur season and some playoff games but not all. We get all the World Series and NBA Finals. Hope this helps.