Child 5Yrs Old-2.5Yr Overstay

I have a business in Thailand, B visa and work permit. My son who is 5 yrs old lives here as well. Since I have my work permit and B visa, i'm not doing the visaruns anymore. Result, my son has 2.5 yrs overstay. I have to go abroad with my son in a couple of weeks and I need to go to immigration for my re-entry. That's when I realized the problem with my son's overstay. Anybody any idea what to do? Should I just go to Bangkok and take the 20000 THB for the fine or should/can I do something else? Of course, I would like to come back, it's a short trip back 'home'.

Thanks.

When leaving through Bangkok airport your son will receive an overstay stamp in his passport but will not be fined. Kids under 14 do not get fined.

Get him a Visa before coming back.

If you have extensions from Immigration he can get 12 month extensions as you dependent.

He can also get extensions as a student if he is going to school.

Believe posts is talking about 2k for not doing 90 day address reports. Have not seen any report of how this is being handled for children so suspect it is not being charged the same as overstay is not being charged. Please report back on your experience. As said child can stay as your dependent with one year extensions of stay which will only cost 1,900 baht per year. Obtain a non immigrant O visa for him before return to allow him to obtain extension after return.

• 4 months later...

I'll keep you posted. I'm gonna take my chance by going to Bangkok and see what happens. Back home I'll apply for a non O.

Fingers crossed they're not gonna make us miss our flight!!

Thanks for your replies!

How did it all go, an update would be appreciated, cheers.