2X Tourist Visa Short Report Phnom Phen

After being denied for too many back to backs in Laos by both front desk and outside touts (4 in passport, 3 on this trip), went to Poipet.

Paid an agent 2800B for both the Cambodian and Thai Visa.

Waited 2 days in Siem Reap for it to come back.

No problems. Excellent agent. Not just in getting it done, but I called him a few times to set up a pick up time for the passport and he never condescended or acted irritated in the least. Always picked up his phone.

Only thing maybe to watch out is the common practice to come up with a couple hundred baht extra fees once they already have finished with the visa. Set the price 100% in stone and let the boss know no extra fees at the end and shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by happysanook

did you have the 'red stamp' in your passport, saying you may be denied a tourist visa in the future?

No...No red stamp from Laos. They just flat out denied it in Laos. Looked at my passport for all of 4 seconds before 'accusing' me of having a wife or doing SOMETHING in thailand (see previous posts).

Regarding the PP side, I get the feeling (just a feeling..obviously can't confirm) PP wouldn't give a crap about a red stamp from Laos. Especially if using an agent. I told the agent about Laos denying me and he didn't seem concerned in the least. Said no problem at all. But again, no red stamp, so can't confirm it would go through if you have one, but would lay chalk money it wouldn't be an issue.

Anyone needs this guy's number, shoot me a PM. Lots of these touts on yaa-maa etc... But this crew was a decent one to work with.

Edited by happysanook

thanks for that.

looks like laos was becoming too popular with the x2 crew.

Yup. And looks like maybe word has gotten out. Wasn't hardly anybody there when I arrived at the Thai embassy in Laos. Should of listened to my instinct and went to PP from the start after hearing about some people having issues there, but had already bought the bus ticket (guess I should of done some research BEFORE buying my ticket)

Spent $400+ on this visa run and guess what...It didn't include airfair (read: lots of *$ing buses)

Edited by happysanook

so does this mean the 'red stamp'/back2back tourist visas is a laos thing - designed to get us to go elsewhere>

or are other embassies doing it as well.?

Yes, that's exactly what it's designed for. Hundreds of people a day coming there and the embassy wasn't making a dime. Many think the red stamp/tourist visa denial situation will change once the tourist visas are back to $30 a pop.

As far as I know. Laos is the only one.

I'm not quite understanding your OP. You say that you did the visacompany thing to Poipet but then you said you stayed in Siam Reep for 2 days waiting? This does not make sense mate as they are VERY far from each other and the visaruncompanies normally get you the room in Poipet included and you just wait there until the next day. Can you clarify this please?

interesting stuff.

im considering a ed visa as i thought the 'red stamp' had killed me off as a tourist.

would love to know if anyone has gotten a x2 tourist visa from PP with a red stamp in passport.

or from any other embassy for that matter ... [thinks, probably needs a new topic of its own]

I'm not quite understanding your OP. You say that you did the visacompany thing to Poipet but then you said you stayed in Siam Reep for 2 days waiting? This does not make sense mate as they are VERY far from each other and the visaruncompanies normally get you the room in Poipet included and you just wait there until the next day. Can you clarify this please?

It's not difficult to figure out. I didn't want to spend 2 days waiting in Poipet and I have friends in Siam Reap. Siam Reap is only 3 hours from Poipet. You consider that VERY far? Really?

Regarding them paying for your room...There aren't any visa-run companies that will take care of your visa and room for 2000 baht. That I know of anyways. If you know of one, please share so I can use them on my next trip.

interesting stuff.

im considering a ed visa as i thought the 'red stamp' had killed me off as a tourist.

would love to know if anyone has gotten a x2 tourist visa from PP with a red stamp in passport.

or from any other embassy for that matter ... [thinks, probably needs a new topic of its own]

Already posted my thoughts on this, but again, I highly doubt PP gives a crap about a red stamp from Laos. Especially if going through an agent.

Edited by happysanook

• 1 month later...

It's not difficult to figure out. I didn't want to spend 2 days waiting in Poipet and I have friends in Siam Reap. Siam Reap is only 3 hours from Poipet. You consider that VERY far? Really?

Regarding them paying for your room...There aren't any visa-run companies that will take care of your visa and room for 2000 baht. That I know of anyways. If you know of one, please share so I can use them on my next trip.

interesting stuff.

Already posted my thoughts on this, but again, I highly doubt PP gives a crap about a red stamp from Laos. Especially if going through an agent.

my friend got refused 2 weeks ago in Vientianne because he had more than 3 stickers of TV in his passport. 3 days ago he went to Poipet (you need a travel agent - he booked in Cambodia Inter & Tours in Soi Buokhao - for 5900 -- stay 1 night in poipet) and last night he arrived back with double entry Touristvisa.. he is happy now...